New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Installing an MEI SC6607 CashFlow Bill Acceptor  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Installing an MEI SC6607 CashFlow Bill Acceptor
« on: April 30, 2021, 08:10:14 AM »
I'm having an extremely difficult time trying to get the WMS BB2 to "see" these SC6607 bill acceptors.
The BVs power up fine and run the box's mechanism upon booting well and I get a slow single green blink.When the game is completed booting up, I close the door this happens...>>>
The BV's green LED stays on the slow blink and never becomes solid green to accept anything nor get past the "Billval Com Error".

History:
 I removed the MEI bill acceptors before numbering any of the units from the machines in the hopes of cleaning/testing them before re-installing.
I didn't know they would have the EasiTrax antenna cards and cashbox rfid tags inside them.
I got all of the bill acceptors to work perfectly in my benchtop tester machine.
Sometimes I had to reboot the machine to get the Green LED go solid green after closing the door sensor....no problem.
So I took the entire known working unit over to a cabinet to try it and I cannot get the machine to communicate with the BV.
I was able to sort out a few working combos of billboxes to their respective BV's, on the bench tester, without use of any MEI EasiTrax equipment.
I basically swapped cashboxes until I got a solid green LED.

My questions are:
Since we know that these units have the EasiTrax enabled, and that the cashboxes have assert numbers assigned to each one, that makes each box "BV specific", does that mean that the cabinet is also specific?

In other words, does the cashbox assert # have to be entered into the machine's config settings as well?
If so, it doesn't make sense because my bench tester doesn't have any assert numbers programmed in it.
Would there be something else I'm missing to get communication between the BVs and the machines?

Thanks for any help you can give me on this. and have a great weekend! :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 08:49:00 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Installing an MEI SC6607 CashFlow Bill Acceptor
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 09:36:49 PM »
I had the MEI EasiTrax disabled, also antenna cards removed and now the programming shows that the rfid is "Not Present".
Means the tagging is disabled right?  :Scratch-Head:

However, I still get the slow blinking green LED on the SC6607 head.
No door or bill val sensor errors showing in diagnostics on machine.
Can't get the LED to turn solid green....I have configured machine to [MARS Billval]

Any ideas?
All interfaces are known working as well as 6607's. Cabling perhaps?
I have only the 12-pin Molex plugged into the backplane from the BV's interface.
The two other harnesses (Black and white cables with the tabs) coming out of the back of the BV aren't connected to anything.

Click on photos below to enlarge if needed Thanks...>>>
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 09:53:34 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 07:39:11 AM »
The harness that comes out of the back of the validator, what connector type does it have?  You probably have the wrong harness type.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 08:12:38 AM »
Is this being used on a BB machine?  Don't the backplane jumpers need set for rs232.  Just a thought  Ted

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 08:20:23 AM »
It's the 34-pin two row black AMP connector Rick.
Below is the pin configuration...pins without numbers or letters are unused.

The yellow cable with the 12-pin Molex has this pin config...>>>

A >green
B >blue
K >tan
L >pink
1 >green
2 >blue
9 >violet
10 >white
11 >yellow
12 >grey

The 3-tab Black cable...>>>
n >black
p >red
r >white

The 3-tab White cable...>>>
s >black
t >red
u >white

and there's a green jumper wire connecting pins 13 and 17.

I got one working last night but I don't know what I did other than re-booting the machine like three times...

I was giving up...watched some hockey game on tv looked at the machine and the green LED on the MEI head was solid....haha
I was shocked.

I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong in the procedure of setting up the BV?
I'm not sure that I need to reboot the machine 3 times to setup a BV? haha
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 10:12:05 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 08:24:29 AM »
Oh TJ!  :wave: You may have hit the nail on the head!  :propeller:

Now I DO remember now changing a bulkhead jumper last night! :duh:

I switched one jumper that was on the top two pins to the bottom two!

That's maybe why the green LED went solid!!

Thanks for pointing that out!!  :hail: :yes:

I'm going to try another one!

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 08:28:43 AM »
SOLVED ( I think?!)...all these ones that came in had some player tracking setup in them.

They have the middle jumper up on the top two pins for some reason!

I think we're onto something!  :dancing_party:

***UPDATE***

Yep! It's the jumper.
Solid green LED on MEI heads!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 08:50:11 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal