New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What did I do to be treated so wrongly?  (Read 1676 times)

Offline pbwizard25

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: What did I do to be treated so wrongly?
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2021, 04:57:16 AM »
A clear chip isn't a magic fixer, if your board didn't work before it probably won't work after. Ron Ball is one of the best guys on this forum who will always give a hand. To bash him when you clearly don't know anything isn't the right way to get help. Ron is my go to guy whenever I need help and I have been working on machines for 17 years, although I am more of a bally guy I do work on s2 also. Good luck with your machine and be careful on who you bash next.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2021, 05:37:06 AM »
Paul, I refunded your money including shipping. Good luck with your machine. Have a nice day.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2021, 05:46:44 AM »
Dontknowsquat, it's very unfortunate that you come out of the gate basically accusing one on NLG's best guys that he's treated you badly.  I hope you get you machine fixed.
Bob

dontknowsquat

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2021, 06:11:13 AM »
In the initial post, the very first thing I said was I don't know much about slots. To the very distinguished Mr. Ron Ball, I AM SORRY. I placed the clear chip in and all kinds of lights went off. The display started acting weird and first thought was that Sandra Bullock movie with the lot of computers. I don't know much about computers or cell phones either. Hence the name. I will not bother you folks again. To all the members I have offended , grow thicker skin. But to you Mr. Ron Ball, do not let our experience deter you in offering assistance to any none tech savvy. Admin please remove me from your records. I would myself but yep , you guessed it, I don't know how. Have a nice day to all.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2021, 07:33:53 AM »
You can always use a facebook slot page for help.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/713296192838883/?ref=group_browse

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2021, 08:58:18 AM »
You've received free help (it's all volunteer by the way) from this forum since Jan 1, 2019.
Your latest posts subject was titled:
"What did I do to be treated so wrongly?"
So, to start off a post like this already implies that someone treated you wrongly.
"Not knowing squat" isn't a free pass to start anything (whether it be a conversation in real life, or a post on a slot machine forum) in an accusation manner. That's why there were multiple responses in defense of RB, when you implied that he treated you "wrongly."
In actuality, he sent you a proper chip. But, you couldn't fit it in the socket.
Furthermore, you were still receiving help from members, yet you then exacerbated the situation by telling all the helpful members to "grow thicker skin."
Perhaps you should have done that yourself before recommending it on the others?
If you want to be removed from the records, just reply here and I'll make it easier for you than plugging a new IC in a socket.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 08:46:07 AM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline banyans

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • banyans New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2021, 11:21:43 AM »
Im super new and I ask the dumbest questions but Ron, Jim, Tim, Ken, Jay, and several others have helped me whether with advice, parts, documentation, etc.
These machines are sometimes kinda quirky and if you try to rush or dont follow the correct procedures you end up compounding the problem.

This is the only site I look at for slot help.

My 2 cents,
Philip

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2021, 04:52:27 PM »
WOW!

That's about all I can say about this thread.

And Ken, he won't get much further in my Facebook Group either with a poor attitude, but we're always willing to help out the person who doesn't mind learning to go about things in a logical step by step manner without jumping to conclusions about something that didn't go the way they anticipated.

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal