New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S + (PLUS) 41 ERROR CODE TILT-WHERE ARE THE OPTICS?  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Rockin Ronny

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Rockin Ronny New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S + (PLUS) 41 ERROR CODE TILT-WHERE ARE THE OPTICS?
« on: September 19, 2021, 03:38:56 PM »
I have an IGT S PLUS slot machine. The reels keep spinning and it's showing a 41 error code tilt with a flashing bottom lite on the candle.. I swapped the #1 and #2 reels and the issue follows it to display a number 42 error code tilt. So most likely it's the reel, I think. Is there anyway to replace the optics on the reel and if so where
are they located at or do I need to buy a whole new assembly? Also is it possible to use the ram clear chip to possibly fix the issue? If I turn the jackpot key one time while the reels are spinning the reels do stop I'm not sure if that helps when evaluating the problem. If I need to replace the reel is it better to buy one new as opposed to used, because buying a used one that is bad or perhaps not going to last very long. Do they still make new reels for the IGT Plus and if so who do you recommend?
 I greatly appreciate any thoughts or the issue. Thanks in advance.😀😀 :thank_you: I have included a video to better illustrate the issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSqcxAHSxT4
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 04:36:14 PM by Rockin Ronny »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S + (PLUS) 41 ERROR CODE TILT-WHERE ARE THE OPTICS?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 04:31:05 PM »
You have to open the door then turn key to reset reels. Then close the door. On the S+ you can leave the door open when power up and the reels will spin with the door open. You most likely need a replacement reel since it moves with the harness change to 42. Turning key with door closed puts machine into accounting
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 04:33:21 PM »
Follow the wires coming from the reel plug, the wires not going to the reel motor go to the optics.  Clean the optics.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 04:36:35 PM »
Looks like you figured it out OK on the original reel 1 is the problem. It probably is the reel optic sensor that is bad. Could be a connection problem, optic pcb problem (don't remember if a pcb or just sensor) or just the optic sensor.  You can replace just the sensor or pcb. I don't have one with me to look at but will be home Monday. Carefully remove the sensor without damaging the plastic reel cage, they tend to be very fragile over time.

If no one else responds before Tuesday I can get you some more information.

Because it followed the reel assembly the problem is most likely the reel and not an MPU board, connection problem. Stick with the reel sensor and you should be able to get it going easy enough.

If you need help with parts or repair I may be able to help, but the vendors on the home page can get you whatever you may need.

It could be rubbing or something mechanical so try the reset mentioned above and see if you can get it to work at all.  If not, probably the sensor.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Rockin Ronny

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Rockin Ronny New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 08:04:17 AM »
I think it's most likely the sensor. Can I just replace it or do I need to buy another reel assembly. I also noticed that the sensor is wired into a harness, so how would I change it out?
Thanks again

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal