New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Grounding issue... or no issue at all?  (Read 5498 times)

Offline SilverFerret

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • SilverFerret New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Grounding issue... or no issue at all?
« on: March 01, 2014, 07:57:54 PM »
Hello, I have a Game Maker bar top machine in between an I-Game and a Game King and I like to play all three at the same time. And it seems since installing an LCD monitor on the game maker, when I touch the Game Maker and either of the other machines at the same time, I feel a slight vibration under my fingers as I slide them across the machine. If I stop touching the other machine it goes away. I can touch the two IGT machines at the same time and feel no difference. I've tried disconnecting the LCD monitor ground wire on the Game Maker to see what difference it made, but it didn't seem to change anything. I then re-installed the monitor ground wire back to the inside of the Game Maker bar top unit.
Is this normal? Is there something I need to be concerned with?
Thanks, Jim

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
Re: Grounding issue... or no issue at all?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 06:28:04 AM »
As I re-read my post, I realize I should have pointed out, it's the touch screen that I feel the buzzing/vibration, not the whole unit.
Thanks, Jim

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 08:29:21 AM »
Not to worry.......It's most likely just the the 120 volts getting ready to knock you on your A**. Seriously, do you hear anything from the speaker when you touch it? grounds are VERY important in anything electronic. Lack of a ground where there should be one can allow static electricity to do major damage.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 02:39:26 PM »
We get a similiar thing with machines on the be ch on the shop (tile floor?). Touching 2 machines at same time gives you a little spark. Doesn't happen once we move games into the carpeted gameroom, so only thing I can think would be the tile floor in the shop doesn't absorb the shock like the carpet does?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 11:25:51 PM »
I hear nothing of concern from the speakers and the machine works great.
I've attached the green wire of the monitors wiring harness to the inside of the unit (as seen in pics). There wasn't instruction of where to attach it so I did what I thought would be correct.
Hope it's okay, Jim

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 02:45:23 PM »
Anybody with an Idea? Was changing the glass on the machine next to the Gamemaker and felt a small shock as the metal ratchet touched the top of the Gamemaker. Something has to be wrong but I'm not sure what. From the pics in my previous post, does it look as if the ground is correctly placed?
Thanks, Jim

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 04:57:34 PM »
If you have a VTVM (Volt Meter) try puting it on a lower A/C volt reading and check between the machine in different places and a good known ground. you may find youe open ground that way. One other thing is how old is the house.... and do you really have good grounds on the plug you're using. food for thought.

Offline coorslight115

• Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 06:37:14 PM »
You either have no ground or your cords have the ground prong cut off. Otherwise your outlets are wired wrong. If you touch two machines and get shocked even a little bit it is a problem that should be looked into. If you have a volt meter touch one lead to the first machine and the other to the other machine that you feel the shock from....bet you see 120 volt on the meter !!! Stand on a wet floor and you are dead !!! :talktothehand:

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 06:50:34 PM »
Geeez, Tim. ya gota be so doom and gloom.

Offline coorslight115

• NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 07:03:07 PM »
No...just figured the machines would be cheap at the estate sale... :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: Hope he did not tell the wife what he really paid for them :arrowthruhead:

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 09:29:59 PM »
Problem solved.... I have a four socket automatic voltage regulator that my three machines are plugged into and apparently one of the sockets is bad. I moved the plug of the machine causing the issue over to the empty socket and it's fine now. When I return it to the bad socket, the issue comes back.
It's funny how you can feel the difference of the socket when you plug it in. after switching it to the good one, you realize which one is bad.
Thanks, Jim

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 05:31:42 AM »
Glad you found it. As Coors said, at some point it could have been a deadly mistake or at the very least really got your attention.

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
Jeeezzzzzzzzzz  I think I'm surrounded by a bunch of PUSSY'S.  From what I'm reading here if I wanted to commit suicide all I would need is a wall plug, two nails and a glass of water.

I guess that day I got my left hand down by a S+ hopper motor with the power on I must have been killed and my cheap ass kids haven't buried me yet.  That BAD ASS 115/120 AC will do it to you every time !!!!!!!
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline coorslight115

• NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 12:01:39 PM »
one hand zapped, no problem, that is why you keep one hand behind your back when going near live stuff, especially monitors. No path to ground thru your heart. But that is assuming you have a heart to stop... :wave: :wave: :lol:

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 12:07:00 PM »
Buzz and Heart in the same sentence.......That's one of them oxymorons or somethin'

Offline coorslight115

• NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 12:09:15 PM »
oxymoron........is that a moron on pain pills?? :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 12:27:25 PM »
Coors, are you still taking pain meds?  :joke: :joke:

Offline coorslight115

• NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 01:00:21 PM »
NO....been off them for a while now. Just advil and beer now.. Back doing much better :dancing_2: :dancing_2:

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 02:18:21 PM »
Damn Joey this is quite a site you have, I must have been a real dumb shit before I found NLGs, but it's all good now that I'm getting all this wonderfull information. What you need to do now is send a link of this thread to all the Governors around the country. from what I read they are having a problem killing off their condemned prisoner's and we at NLGs now know how to get the job done. Nothing cruel and unusual about 115/120  AC hooked up to the left testicle and right ear lobe. Of course they are going to die of starvation or old age before that amount of electricity kills them but who cares.

Tim I do still have a heart, but I guess it must have stopped beating 4 or 5 years ago when that S+ hopper got me.  Please don't tell anyone because I still cash my SS check each month. The Goverment gets all pissed off paying dead people and I don't want to have to explane how I didn't feel dead.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal