New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Summit Slot Machine - Where to start  (Read 1896 times)

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • mwade109 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
Summit Slot Machine - Where to start
« on: July 16, 2023, 05:50:52 PM »
I picked up this Summit Slot thinking I was going to pickup a Bally but oh well, took it anyway if for nothing else but to learn a bit about Summit.  Not sure where to start, when I power it on, the only action I get is the two red leds on the power supply and the fluorescent lights,  Nothing on the led's on the front of the machine, no relays clicking or anything.  The relay is missing for the handle so you can freely pull it and spin the reels but nothing ever stops them. It is interesting that the entire slot machine is run from those two small boards inserted.

Anyone have any input as to where to start?
-mike

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Summit Slot Machine - Where to start
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 06:14:59 PM »
Email me and I can send you the schematics if you don't have them.

HMS online is the place for all things Summit.
He sells rebuilt CPU boards and I/O boards and reel readers for the Summit.
A customer brought one in and the computer board was missing.
The game was a deceased relatives and they wanted to get it going and someone had stolen the board.
I had them send HMS the reel tape position and symbols plus a picture of the glass for payout options
and HMS provided a rebuilt, half size, MPU board that got them up and running.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 03:57:20 AM »
Pull the boards and clean the edge connectors with pencil eraser. Remove the chips from the boards and very carefully scrap clean the pins on the chips.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 06:07:35 AM »
Thanks, I believe I have the  schematics here somewhere.
I saw HMS with a google search and was going to check to see it they still exist, you kinda just confirmed that and If necessary I'll definitely send the boards out.

Email me and I can send you the schematics if you don't have them.

HMS online is the place for all things Summit.
He sells rebuilt CPU boards and I/O boards and reel readers for the Summit.
A customer brought one in and the computer board was missing.
The game was a deceased relatives and they wanted to get it going and someone had stolen the board.
I had them send HMS the reel tape position and symbols plus a picture of the glass for payout options
and HMS provided a rebuilt, half size, MPU board that got them up and running.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 06:10:59 AM »
G'morning...  I did clean the contacts on the cards although they did not look bad at all.  I'll pull the chips later and see how that goes.
Appreciate the input!

Pull the boards and clean the edge connectors with pencil eraser. Remove the chips from the boards and very carefully scrap clean the pins on the chips.

Offline BigWick

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • BigWick New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2023, 12:00:38 PM »
Can you pull both boards and take a photo of each?
There's a battery on the CPU board. The machine will run fine without it but if it's leaked that will absolutely cause problems.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2023, 01:40:06 PM »
The battery was removed before I got it and it looks like the board had a few jumper wires added, I assume due to bad traces.  Sorry, this is the only pic I have (i'm not near it right now).
I am going to send the 2 boards and power supply to HMS Electronics for testing and I'll go from there.  If one board is bad I may get it repaired/replaced, if more that one is bad I'll have to not repair them and part it out as I'll have too much $$$ into it to proceed. It would be one thing if it was for my personal use but I am looking to get it going just to sell it.

Can you pull both boards and take a photo of each?
There's a battery on the CPU board. The machine will run fine without it but if it's leaked that will absolutely cause problems.

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2023, 02:28:36 PM »
Well, I got the good and the bad news from HMS Electronics, power supply is good, the interface and the controller board is bad.  Not going to be worth repairing so the rest of the parts will be bench tested and parted out on eBay.  Thanks for all the elp and now on to the next project.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal