New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What settings (Dip or Program) for pay to credits only?  (Read 8978 times)

Offline jkp1300

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jkp1300 New User has no influence.
  • Every day is a gift!
What settings (Dip or Program) for pay to credits only?
« on: November 24, 2014, 08:45:30 PM »
Can someone explain how to set up my S Plus, three reel, one pay line to pay winnings to credits only and not pay out coins? I've looked through the service manual and I'm confused with the terminology used because nothing really says how to do this in language I can understand. I wouldn't mind if it would throw out like 2 coins and put the rest (if any) to credits, just to keep some coins in the tray for when I run out of credits, but I don't know if that's possible.

Dip switch 1 & 2 are set on-on for "programmable". When I go into self-test mode Group 7 with "7" on coins played display, it shows it's set to 600 for Maximum Hopper Pay. Group 8 with "8" on coins played Partial Pay is set to 0000. (Just for reference the other dips are set at #3 on, #4 off, #5 on, #6,7 & 8 off.) I don't even know if these are the things that I need to be looking at :Scratch-Head: .

Let me know if you need any other info from my machine.

Thanks - Kenny
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 07:33:57 AM by jkp1300 »

Offline jkp1300

• Every day is a gift!
Re: What settings (Dip or Program) for pay to credits only?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:22:31 PM »
BTW - I have the SP872 game EPROM.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 10:30:48 PM »
Sounds like you already have the PSR based on what you've said.

Look at page zero option 5, Player-Selectable Credit.  Set that option to 0.  With that set that way, all wins should go to the credit meter, unless the win would push the credit meter above 600 coins.

Note, you must have zero credits on the machine to apply these changes.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline jkp1300

• Every day is a gift!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:19:51 AM »
I'm looking in the S-Plus Field Service manual at Table 4-1 Self Test Mode. When I sequence (push self test button) through the button pushes I don't feel like I'm see the same thing as listed in Table 4-1 or I'm just misinterpreting what I think I should see  :nerd: I'm probably over-thinking it but it's just not intuitive to me. I've listed what I see below.

Here's a "key" to explain my notations below:
- = no display in that display window
_ = blank number in display window (4 possible numbers)
n = where "n" is the number, when underlined it's flashing
and = where there is "and" between numbers, it is alternating between the two numbers

Below, next to the sequence number (number of times the self test button is pushed), are three numbers (and/or key noted items above) separated by commas. The first number what's showing in the Winner Paid display, then Credits display, then Coins Played display.

1 = -, ___1, 1
2 = __00, -, 0
3 = 5__0, -, 0
4 = 10_1, -, 1
5 = 10__, -, 2
6 = 50__, -, -
7 = 8888, 8888, 8
8 = counting off, counting off, counting off
9 = ___0, -, 3
10 = 3442 and ___0, 0872, 4
11 = -, -, 5
12 = -, __25, 6
13 = 0600, -, 7
14 = -, 0002, 7
15 = 0000, -, 9
16 = -, ___1, 9
17 = __00, -, 1
18 = 0__0, -, 9 and 0

The Coins Played display is supposed to show the self test page your on. In the SP872 PSR, it shows this as <n> ("n" being the page number). You're supposed to turn the reset key to cycle through the options within a page (represented as [n] in the PSR). Where I get confused is, for example, that the very first push of the self test button shows a page number 1 but so does #4. Then the next two pushes both show a 0. So which button push (sequence) would I use to start turning the reset key to go through the options for page 1 or 0? Also, if a sequence of self test button pushes gets me to a page where one of the numbers in a display window is flashing, if I turn the reset key it starts changing the flashing number. This doesn't seem to flow with the instructions either.

This may be really simple and I don't know why I'm having so much trouble understanding the hierarchy but there it is. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Kenny
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:19:42 AM by jkp1300 »

Offline jkp1300

• Every day is a gift!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 05:45:08 PM »
After searching and reading through many posts today, I have verified my machine has the Player Initiated Credit set at 5__0 so that the game will always be in credit mode. I then set Maximum Hopper Pay Selection [7-1] to 0000 to effectively disable the hopper. My problem is that I've somehow set the Jackpot Lockup [7-2] to 0000 so it locks up with lights flashing and ding-ding-dining when I hit any win at all :banghead:

No problem, right? Just reset 7-2. But when I try to set it to 1600 it won't "keep" the setting. I set it to 1600, press the self test button until it exits, close the door and once it's ready to accept coins, I start dropping coins until I win and at that point it will lock up as if a jackpot was hit even if it's just a 2 credit cherry. When I go back into self test 7-2, it shows 0000 instead of the 1600 I just changed it to  :Scratch-Head: .

Can anyone tell me how to make is save my 1600 jackpot lockup setting?

Thanks - Kenny

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 06:26:21 PM »
On your 3rd press of the button you have 5-0. You can set for A, All wins paid to hopper or B, All wins paid to credit. It is not possible to have a win of 20 coins and have the hopper pay 5 and send 15 to the credit meter. You can set option 5  so that you have player initiated credit. 5-0 has all wins to meter. Meaning that before play you can hit the cash out button to send wins to meter. When done at 5-0 turn key to 8-?  I always set option 8 set to 8-1 send all bills to credit. then turn key to 9-? it should be 9-1 for bill acceptor on. When someone wants to play coins, I just open it up and throw some in the tray.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline jkp1300

• Every day is a gift!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 06:48:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply Elvis. I have since realized that paying partial to the tray and partial to credit isn't possible. So I have it set to 5-0 so all wins will go to credit. Also, I don't have a bill feed system so I don't have to set those values. My only problem now is that I get a jackpot lockup for any win because 7-2 is "stuck" on 0000. Do you know why I can't get the jackpot lockup to save my change to 1600?

Thanks - Kenny

Offline coorslight115

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 08:42:49 PM »
Replace the SP872 with a SP1271 and go with this attached setup instructions. I have the SP1271 if you need one.

Offline jkp1300

• Every day is a gift!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 08:59:03 PM »
Thanks Coorslight. As I'm sure you've guessed, I'm in fast-learn mode  :propeller:  so don't laugh too hard at my questions  :24: . I can pull out my SP872 game EPROM and stick in the SP1271 and it will work with my current Reel PROM? Where does the "double diamonds" come into play? And there's no way to set the jackpot credits on the SP872?

:thank_you:  Kenny

Offline jkp1300

• Every day is a gift!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 10:02:35 PM »
I guess where I'm having my biggest problem is this machine played fine with all winnings going to credits and then I changed something and even though it's set to 5-0, it pays out of the hopper! I don't get that. It seems that if it's set to 5-0 it should never pay out of the hopper.

I did go back and change 7-1 from 0000 (hopper disabled) to 0300 and then set 7-2 to 300 and it saved it! Those two are somehow tied together because when I try to set 7-2 any higher than 300 it won't save the new, higher setting.

Whatever the case, I sure don't get the 5-0 being set and still paying out of the hopper!

- Kenny
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:37:19 PM by jkp1300 »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 03:00:38 AM »
Here's the PSR for your SP872 -- please download it and look it over, and use it as reference as you go through the menus of your machine.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1057

7-2 on the SP872 is not a "jackpot lockup" setting -- it's the Bill Acceptor Credit Limit.  Per the PSR, "The limit must be less than the hopper limit or $2,500, whichever is less."  Since you had the hopper limit set to zero, this setting kept reverting to zero (it has to be less than (or equal to) the hopper limit).

The SP872 chip does not support separate hopper and credit limits.  As such, it is not possible to disable the hopper and also have wins go to the credit meter.  If you get a newer SP chip, such as the SP1271 that coorslight suggested, you'll be able to set independent hopper and credit limits.

If you do not already have it, I highly recommend downloading r273's "for rookies" Excel spreadsheet that simplifies a number of PSRs.  While the SP872 isn't on there, the SP874 is, and it's close enough that the settings are pretty much identical.  Same with the 1271 that isn't on there, but the 1274 is -- the settings remain basically the same.  You can download that document at the link below, and then use the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet to navigate between pages:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=2336
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline jkp1300

• Every day is a gift!
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 07:33:31 AM »
Thanks for the reply knagl. I do have the SP872 PSR but, as you are well aware, was having trouble comprehending it  :nerd: . The IGT S+ PSRs & Test option sheets simplified spreadsheet will help a lot (already has). I immediately see that for the SP872 it should be set 5-2 instead of 5-0 for credit pay. Just in time before the Thanksgiving party  :applause: .

:thank_you:  very much!

- Kenny

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »
Despite what the spreadsheet says, if memory serves correctly, you probably actually want to leave that at 5-0.  In that mode, wins will default to the credit meter and will sit there until someone pushes the cash out (cash/credit) button.

With 5-2, it will default to credit mode (and your cash out (cash/credit) button will be lit up even with no credits), but it is then possible for someone to put it in cash mode (coins paid out after every win) by pressing the button first, then playing a game within 30 seconds.  That can cause more confusion than it's worth since that's not a typical setting for a slot machine.

I believe the standard credit mode is to have it at 5-0.  Wins will go to the credit meter, so long as they won't push the credit meter higher than your hopper limit setting.  If I'm wrong about that, please correct me (it's been a while since I've actually monkeyed with any of my settings).  I think the only way that 5-0 would be a non-credit mode is if you set it to 5-0 and have the hopper limit set to 0, as you did earlier and were perplexed as to why it was paying out coins on every win.

Offline jkp1300

• Every day is a gift!
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 08:53:22 AM »
Thanks knagl - I learn a little more each time! It seems like I did try 5-0 on my machine with the hopper limit set to some number but I may not have. We've got the machine up to 778 credits on the meter so when I play those out, I'll give it a shot. My cash/credit button appears to be inoperative because it doesn't light and there's no response when pushed. It has three harnesses connected but one is hanging disconnected. I may have pulled that long ago when my boys were younger so they wouldn't keep casing out.

Thanks - Kenny

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 10:47:48 PM »
Sounds good.  Be really careful to not hook up the wrong wires to the wrong leads -- you don't want your lighting voltage hooked up to the push button!  Look carefully at the other switches to compare wiring before hooking up the wires again.

Also, to "disable" the cash out buttons on my machines, I simply pop the cherry switch out of the button ever so slightly so that pressing the button doesn't actually activate the switch.  All wires remain connected, but the button doesn't do anything from the outside.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal