New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: iGT Reel Touch Reel 1 Tilt at start up  (Read 2089 times)

Offline tomterlec

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • tomterlec New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: iGT Reel Touch Reel 1 Tilt at start up
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2024, 08:14:40 PM »
If you take the top glass off the top box swings out hinged on the right side looking into the machine.
Bios 1 = red white & blue splash screen in the beginning.
Bios 2 = green and yellow energy star screen and counts the ram test.

Im not sure what I need to see by opening the top box. Here are some boot up screens, hope this helps some.

Tom

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2024, 08:50:39 PM »
OK Tom you have a bios 1 machine, thanks for the pictures the 323s should work with that setup. The 536s are for ATA20059 which I'm pretty sure requires a Bios 2 configuration. Your top box appears to be working fine, so I would leave it alone for now.
My recommendation is this.
1 verify that the reel #1 wires where the reel assy plugs in is in good condition and no pins have been pushed back in the socket.
2 Reseat the plug from the reel harness to the backplane.
3 Try a different 1270 board. You still should only have to turn the jackpot key a few times like you would when doing a battery change. (Make sure the battery is good also on the replacement 1270.)

Report back your findings and good luck.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline tomterlec

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2024, 03:34:20 PM »
Update, SG 536 made no difference, still getting reel tilt 1 as soon as first reel spin starts. I’ve gone through connectors to reel (no pins pushed out), also to mother board (removed and reseated). Looking like this is hardware all the way. Starting to think about the motherboard may need to be replaced? 

Any other suggestions?

Tom

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2024, 08:13:39 PM »
Yes I would go with the backplane and use your original SG chips that should fix the problem.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline tomterlec

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2024, 05:11:55 PM »
Update:I got back into the machine today and with the brightest light I have found 2 bent pins on the motherboard reel connector. While I was at it, looked at my MPU and found 1 bent pin. Put everything back together and the game finally booted without reel tilt.

Tried a clear and reset but was unable to get into accounting denomination or player denominations (multi denomination game). The only thing I could change was coin denomination. I used IVC224 and Key 45, is this correct for 1270 enhanced boards?

Any ideas why I couldn’t access player denominations?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2024, 05:30:38 PM »
Ok now let's go back to what SB, SG, and VS chips are you using?
224 and 45 are the correct ones for 1270
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 05:54:35 AM by qbert »

Offline tomterlec

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2024, 06:36:36 PM »
Ok now let's go back to what SB, SG, and VS chips are you using?
224 and 45 are the correct ones for 2270

SB 539
SG 536
VS 009GX0

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2024, 06:58:26 PM »
Put the SG 323s back in and that should allow you to set up multi denom after keying again.

Offline tomterlec

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2024, 03:36:55 PM »
Put the SG 323s back in and that should allow you to set up multi denom after keying again.

Replaced SG536 with SG323 and I was able to key and set up multi denominations. Thanks for all the tips qbert!

Tom

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2024, 04:13:37 PM »
Glad everything is working.

thanks to all for helping.
Rich
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 10:40:12 AM by a69mopar »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2024, 04:54:56 PM »
  3XX series SGs are known to have reel tilt issues on 1270 boards, there are IGT CN's that describe the issue.  536's in his case are the replacement for the 323's and they worked.  He had them installed.  The reason he lost multi-denomination is because it the 536's need a VS011GX1 for that capability. 

« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 10:40:59 AM by a69mopar »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2024, 05:57:04 PM »

Bios one machine does not like SG 536s the psr calls for ATA20059 which is bios 2 configuration. I'm sure his harddrive has ATA20023,
 I have been doing Reel Touch for a long time.
Never ever had a reel problem with 323s.
I have spent hundreds of hours on Reel Touch.
 Reel Touch do not follow normal S2000 rules.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 10:43:08 AM by a69mopar »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2024, 06:08:36 PM »
 they were replaced for a documented reason.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 10:45:38 AM by a69mopar »

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2024, 10:54:05 AM »
Sometimes there is more than one fix for a problem.  We are fortunate to have many passionate and knowledgeable members here. It can be expected to have different approaches  for these things.

I modified some posts, and I'm going to lock this topic, for now.

It's good to hear the machine is up and running again.  Hopefully it continues to work for a long time.
Thanks,
Wayne

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal