New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: No LED's on CPU  (Read 3402 times)

Offline DF777

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • DF777 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
No LED's on CPU
« on: June 29, 2014, 03:02:53 PM »
I have a Reel Touch Bucks Ahoy that will not boot up.
I changed the power supply behind the reels and it booted up OK and the game ran fine.
The next time I fired it up it would not get farther than the message on the LCD screen saying Initializing.
I noticed that there were no LED's flashing in the CPU.I switched CPU's with a Tabasco and the LED's light up.
I could not see anything on the CPU board like burn marks etc.and the batteries are both new.
Any input would be appreciated.Thanks,Dave

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:26:01 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: No LED's on CPU
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 08:40:07 PM »
Check the caps on that top box CPU board for bloated tops

Offline DF777

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 02:36:53 AM »
The top box monitor/computer is working OK.
I think the main,lower CPU is bad as the LED's above the white button do not light up. 

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 04:28:36 AM »
Sorry, I misunderstood what I read. Are you sure the power supply is seated snuggly and screwed down? Are you getting any message on the VFD display or any lights coming on? One thing you might try is unplugging the wire harness from each of the 3 fluorescent light ballasts. A bad ballast can draw the power supply down and kill the game till it's removed from circuit

Offline DF777

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 05:02:25 AM »
The thing that has me puzzled is that the LED's on the CPU light up on the board from the Tabasco when I put it in the Bucks Ahoy.
I have pulled the plug from the power supply connection to make sure all the pins are seated and have switched out power supplies.
The power supplies all test good.
I actually have only one ballast as I eliminated one of the top circular flourescent lights and both side ones.I replaced with LED strips
running from their own 12V power supply.
I do get the message on the VFD that the Netplex  is down and that changes when I have the Tabasco CPU installed.
All the lights, BV, printer etc. are working except for the LED's above the white button on the Bucks Ahoy CPU.
To test the CPU,could I switch the e-proms from the Bucks Ahoy and put them in the Tabasco board without doing a Clear?
Your input is appreciated.Thanks Dave

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 06:11:00 AM »
As long as they are the same type MPU you can swap them. Meaning if they are both 500 series boards or both 1270 series boards. You may have to swap both the SB and SG chips to actually get it to work and will need to key through a couple ram errors to get it to play. Even if you don't get that far you should be able to tell if it at least makes a difference. What type MPU do the games use? A 1270 board with a dead or bad green battery will do weird things and a 500 board with a leaky green b?attery will cause problems also. One another line, a netplex down message can be a lot of things but you might try starting thegame with the BV transport removed and see if that helps

Offline DF777

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 11:06:48 AM »
I believe they are both 1270,they are physically the same with the half board on top covering the green battery.
Even before this problem the Netplex message would come up but go away after it syncs with the top box.
I will try the board switch out later and let you know the outcome.
Thanks,Dave

Offline DF777

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 01:18:31 PM »
Problem Solved.The 1270 Board is bad.Switched out with Tabasco board and put the Bucks Ahoy chips in and it's working.
As Cowboygames said,I had to clear a few errors and reboot a couple of times (and put some cash in) but it's running well.
I guess I will have to hunt down a replacement 1270 board for my Tabasco.

[/size]Before I had this board issue I had an occasional problem with the top box bezel.It would start going haywire even with no wins and eventually quit working.[size=78%]
[/size]It would work for a while after a cold start but seemed like when it warmed up it would act up again.I'm guessing there is some kind of controller in the top box that[size=78%]
[/size]works the LED's,hopefully it is a stand alone plug and play module that I can switch out.[size=78%]
[/size]Thanks for your help,Dave[size=78%]

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 05:27:32 PM »
Check the green battery on that "bad" MPU. If it's dead or shot you can repair the board by replacing the battery or just leavingthe game turned on for a bit to see if it takes a charge. Either way, the board won't work if that battery doesn't have a charge, but the battery charges while the game is turned on

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal