New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Door Open MCP  (Read 24401 times)

Offline fastedy1

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • fastedy1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Door Open MCP
« on: June 06, 2016, 09:09:41 AM »
Hello All,
I purchased a Game King project for $100.00 , I would like to order the clear/reset chips but I am not sure on what board I have, if anyone can tell by the pictures that would be great!
This is my first Game King and I look forward to getting it working. From the older posts that I have read it could be the Bill door or the Belly sensor, I noticed the switch behind the cash box does not have any wires plugged in but there is a jumper connected and lying on the bottom of the cabinet under the cash box area.

Thanks all in advance for any assistance!

Offline jonm287

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • jonm287 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Door Open MCP
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 09:27:00 AM »
If all three are stuck open, that's usually one of the door switch wires grounding on the cabinet.

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 09:41:24 AM »
Thanks Jonm287,

So for the Letters MCB, what is the description of each letter? Is "C" the cabinet door? and "B" the Belly or Bill door? "M" ? I will check all wiring tonight to see what maybe grounding out.

Thank you

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 10:12:54 AM »
Disregard, I found what the MCB doors are. I love this forum, lot's of great info and users! :applause:

I will have a busy night tracking the issue down, By-Passing the main door might be a partial fix as well from what I have read.

Offline jonm287

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 04:46:49 AM »
I'd be hesitant on bypassing the main door switches. IGT uses the main door as a tilt reset,  so of you had a bv jam it won't clear until the machine detects a main door open and close (after the problem has been fixed).

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 09:06:50 AM »
Good Point, I might just do it for testing purposes as I am unable to get any response from the door switch, it seems like the system is locked on the error codes, I ordered a 22 chip to see if I can get error to reset, I am still looking for any type of pinched wire or grounding issues. The cash box door does not have a lock on it and I noticed a switch on the inside right of the cash box area, it looks like the lock would make contact with that switch, and the switch in the back of the housing for the cash box does not have any wires connected to it but there is a set of wires that have a jumper connected lying on the bottom of the cabinet under the cash box assembly. .

Offline jonm287

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 11:01:56 AM »
Did you check the door switch behind the belly door? It counts as a main door switch as well. And to clarify, the M does stand for main door,  c is your cash box,  and b is your billdoor. Sometimes the bill door shows as V also.
Those all go through the cpu i/o card so make sure that is fully seated as well. If you have two door i/o cards, one will be the same as the cpu, and you can try swapping them to make sure the card is good.

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 11:13:23 AM »
Thanks again for the help, I am not very familiar with the Game Kings yet, i will reseat boards tonight, i am not sure if it's missing any parts of not which makes it more interesting to troubleshoot lol

Offline jonm287

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 11:22:59 AM »
Pictures are reallying helpful :)

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 11:28:05 AM »
From the board pics I posted does it look like it's complete to you?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 05:01:14 PM »
You have GK 4.0 software installed on your MPU board.  It uses two SWC00046 EPROMs that should be installed on an EPROM based Multimedia Lite (MML) sound card.  Your MPU has a newer Multimedia Lite 2 (MML2) board that utilizes a SIMM for the sounds.  The game will work just fine as it, but some of the sounds in Keno and Slot based games will not be the correct ones.  This has nothing to do with your door errors,  but is an answer to your question about the MPU being complete.

As far as your door errors go, your photo shows Door open MCB and then closure MC, meaning the only active door open is the (B) bill validator.  It is a microswitch installed on the bill validator door.  Check it and see if it is operating properly or just bypass it completely.  A photo of the inside of your machine of your machine would be helpful as well.

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 06:35:21 PM »
Thank you Tilt! Good info to know about the board, I will take a pic of the bill validator area and post it.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 07:03:41 PM »
If you want to see what the sound board should look like for your software set check out Rudy's Deals, he has one with the sound EPROMs for 10 bucks here:

http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=89&product_id=1405

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 07:09:19 PM »
I'm getting '"Page cannot be displayed" from the link.

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 07:14:59 PM »
is the switch on the right the one I can bypass? Can I cut the wires and connect them together?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 07:36:37 PM »
I'm getting '"Page cannot be displayed" from the link.

I am now too.  Must be having website problems. It worked just a half hour ago, so maybe try later or tomorrow.

The blu/gry & green wire in the first photo can be removed from the switch and spliced together to bypass the bill validator door switch.  I'm not sure what the switch at the very bottom of the cabinet (in second picture) is for. It appears to be the main door switch, but I've never seen one in that location.  Can you post a picture that shows the entire interior of your machine?

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 07:46:01 PM »
I will try the link again later, the optic sensor you see at the base of the cabinet is an extra that I tried in the cabinet.

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 07:46:55 PM »
another

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 08:22:34 PM »
Thanks for the pics, that helps.  You have an older 19" Game King cabinet.  It uses optics for the main door, and I think yours are working based on it showing closure M on the first photo.  Check out or bypass the BV switch and see if that gets rid of the "B" door being open.

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 08:31:43 PM »
I spliced the wires together that went to the switch in the cash box area. I also noticed that the lights are yellow on the game board. should they be green?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal