New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WTB: WMS MEI Picgtail Harness Need about 10  (Read 1491 times)

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
WTB: WMS MEI Picgtail Harness Need about 10
« on: August 08, 2021, 10:49:52 AM »
Need 10 of these harness for mei on wms BB2

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: WTB: WMS MEI Picgtail Harness Need about 10
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 01:22:08 PM »
I have the parts to build new ones if you like. I would need better pictures or the pin out. I don't believe I have anything in my parts to look at.

Send me a PM. I will PM you too.

Tony
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 06:26:13 PM »
14-pin Molex
1=yellow
7=black
10=pink or red
12=brown

12-pin Molex
5=black
6=pink or red
11=yellow
12=brown
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 10:41:55 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 06:29:01 PM »
You da man Bunker! I was just sitting down to do this.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 06:43:11 PM »
That will work. Thanks.

14 pin is female pins. 12 pin is male pins, correct?
Tony
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 08:50:44 PM »
That will work. Thanks.

14 pin is female pins. 12 pin is male pins, correct?
Tony

Yes...14-pin white Molex is actually a male housing but has female receptor pins.

Click on photo below to enlarge if neeeded...>>>
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 09:14:50 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2021, 09:08:54 PM »
Yes the 14 pin molex is male with female pins and the 12 pin square molex is female with male pins.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 09:15:54 AM »
It looks like that 12 pin connector is not available anywhere. I have and can find other Molex 12 pin connectors but not with the correct molded openings.

Post a picture of the mate to the 12 pin, maybe the connectors available will work.

Check the picture to see one that is close.

Tony

I think I had the same problem trying to find a Molex on a CRT monitor chassis for a Fortune machine.
Tony

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 10:32:20 AM »
Really?  Not even on the Molex or mouser websites? Jameco, or the others?  :scratch-head_3:
Let me find some housing numbers...>>>  :sherlock:

Might have to just switch them with .093" four-pin single or double-row housings?

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 10:43:58 AM »
I've looked a couple times now and the molded square and half round openings are not in the right places. I am pretty sure a standard male Molex with just the round molded will go in any connector with the half round and square.  I don't think the square molded will fit in a half round?
I'd hate to build something that doesn't work. I can play with connectors and see what will work but that molded 'female' is a problem.

Tony

I hope I'm wrong but so far....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 11:03:56 AM by Trisail »
Tony

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 11:19:48 AM »
oh man....I just spent the past hour looking...surprised I don't see any either. :sherlock:  :no: :facepalm:

Unless I find any, I'm just going to pull the pins and install 4-pin connectors...even the black Microfits or similar if I have to. :banghead:

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 12:15:13 PM »
Yep I'm thinking the same. Maybe just change out that funky Molex with a standard with round molded or just a plain male female open type.

Whatever those were, they must have been special.  I can't find a datasheet or anything.  Tried about 6 Molex series types and nothing close enough to even order a couple and try to see if they would mate up. 

Hate to change the machine side, but I don't think there is any other choice.

At least if we have to do it I can make up a kit and try to make it easy as possible.

I did this a month ago with this 9 pin from a Fortune.

Tony

One more thing, maybe a bigger connector 14, 16, 22 - maybe one of those will mate to it.  Might look funny but could work. I'll check when I get back to my desktop.
Tony

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 07:52:59 PM »
Think I found them.  Should check the pitch to see they are the right ones - these are 4.2mm (.165')  The one I have on the Fortune CRT board is 4.2mm. Looks like these are the ones.

Mate-N-Lok

12 pin    172162-1
 9 pin     172161-1

Not sure why these did not come up with any of my earlier searches. I can't even tell you what I did to find them...

Tony
Tony

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 03:05:48 PM »
Those are the right ones from what I see...the 3-row, 12-pin female housing has the correctly oriented openings.

There's three openings on that housing that have orientation molds (Pins 3, 5, and 11)

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2021, 08:32:28 PM »
Is the 4.2mm pitch the correct ones. There are at least 2 other sizes.

Thanks, Tony
Tony

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2021, 04:31:54 AM »
Gee...I don't lnow the pitch of those connectors Tony.

Time to pull out the micrometer measuring gauge... :sherlock:

Digikey has these ones which might be the 12-pin ones?
The link below includes the data sheet...>>>

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/172341-1/744766

« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 05:21:00 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2021, 09:38:38 AM »
I Sent a pm to morspeed to see if he can verify the pitch. Too many sizes so I want to be sure we get the correct ones 1st time.

Tony
Tony

Offline westfieldslots

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • westfieldslots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2021, 12:03:50 PM »
i will take 6 if some one is going to make them up  ok  dennis  westfieldslots

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2021, 12:21:43 PM »
Can do Dennis. 

You have one you can verify the pin pitch, or at least the 3 dimensions of the 12 pin connector in the 1st post? That way I should be able to order the right ones.

This connector is from a Fortune crt. It looks like the one on the 1st post. It is 23/32" wide and 17/32" high about 1" long, front to back. The pin pitch is about 4mm so 4.2mm would be right.

Thanks, Tony
Tony

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2021, 04:56:12 PM »
OK. Got some good info from Morspeed. Looks like they are mini Mate n Lok. I will order some parts and post back when I get some made. Maybe put them on the classified ads.

Tony
Tony

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal