New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Wave Door Monitor Battery Fail  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Prosperity

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Prosperity New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Prosperity Gaming
Bally Wave Door Monitor Battery Fail
« on: December 13, 2020, 05:59:26 AM »
Hey guys

Does anyone know how to resolve a door monitor battery fail on a Bally ProWave?

I know its not a video monitor battery i'm looking for. I think if its like the Bally V22, it will be a cr2032 somewhere on the board that monitors components. But that's an assumption.

I've swapped the 2 Renata batteries on the main board. but a bit stumped with this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Don

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Wave Door Monitor Battery Fail
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 07:30:06 AM »
Never had a wave, check for battery on the backplane.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 08:16:07 AM »
There should be a battery on the backplane somewhere, usually close to where the mpu connectors are.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Prosperity

• NLG
    • Prosperity Gaming
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 08:25:03 AM »
I can’t find it. I remember on the V22s you had to pull out the Mpu and it was behind it.
But for the life of me I can’t find it. And there are so many cable that are just not plugged in it’s hard to know what should be in and what not.

I also have a problem where the screen is not showing the full feed. So it’s rotated and only on the bottom 3rd.

Driving me balmy.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 04:44:27 PM »
On a A2 Pro the Door Monitor Battery Fail is the battery on the backplane.  Not sure if the Wave has one on its backplane since it different.  I have the hardware manual for the Wave somewhere.  Will see if I can find and and let you know.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Prosperity

• NLG
    • Prosperity Gaming
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 04:55:40 PM »
That would be awesome. Thank you.

There appears to be a few boards on the bbq I of the machine. A lighting board, a sound board, 2 video boards I think.

And then under the MPU on the left is another board with USB’s for licence dongles and comm ports. But I can’t see a battery on it.

I’m literally stumped on this one.

So any help would be really appreciated.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 04:58:33 PM »
There is a battery on the backplane according to the manual.  Pull the MPU.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 05:18:04 PM »
From the boards manual.

Offline hcatecnico

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • hcatecnico New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2022, 08:48:40 AM »
i change the battery from backplane and the error continued, so i watched the pin of the battery socket and was bent and i repair the pin so worked again

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal