New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Look and Feel suggestions and issues  (Read 118668 times)

Online idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Look and Feel suggestions and issues
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2014, 11:59:08 AM »
I'm in, seems to look ok and work fine initially on a mac using firefox.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Online idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
In the old forum we had a user name and a logon name.  I don't see anything for this in the settings. 

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2014, 04:41:17 PM »
I can't get NLG on my smartphone to come up in a readable size.
Will that be addressed later on?

There's a fantastic mobile theme available for SMF 2.0 that should auto-detect mobile devices and switch you to it when you're viewing on a smartphone -- I'll talk to Joey to see if he'd be interested in installing it.

In the old forum we had a user name and a logon name.  I don't see anything for this in the settings. 

I see a way to change your displayed name, but it's possible that standard users don't have that option.  Would you like it changed?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Online idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2014, 04:46:22 PM »

I see a way to change your displayed name, but it's possible that standard users don't have that option.  Would you like it changed?

Yep, I screwed up and misspelled idesign.  Please correct the spelling.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:56:13 PM by idesgn »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2014, 04:56:58 PM »
Yep, I screwed up and misspelled idesign.  Please correct the spelling.  Thanks.

Well... I can change your displayed name, but I can't change your username, meaning your login username would still be misspelled.  An admin can change your username, so I'll send a message to Joey.

FYI, changing your username will generate an automatic password change, so be on the lookout for an e-mail from the forum with a new password and/or instructions on how to reset your password.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2014, 03:30:08 PM »
After replying to a post it takes you out of the topic rather than returning to where you were.

Return to topics after posting by default. is fixed... it was a default setting
FYI, it was not the default when I just set up my account today. I had to manualy change it.

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2014, 03:34:10 PM »
will look
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2014, 03:48:37 PM »
Is there a time limit for editing a post? If so, it seems pretty short. I went back to edit one from just an hour ago or so and the option was gone.

Also, this may be a better place to post this. Is there some reason my user name is split between two lines over my avatar? Other with long names have it displayed below the (online) icon.
<--------

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2014, 03:52:22 PM »
The site moves icons with the users screen settings..  try.....

NewLifeGames.com is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2014, 04:00:17 PM »
The site moves icons with the users screen settings..  try.....

NewLifeGames.com is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.
I have a wide screen. This is what I see. It seems mine should have moved below like captainhappy. Could it be the dash in there? If so, can you remove the dash?

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2014, 04:02:22 PM »
over 12 carters it moves down i think try it ....
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2014, 08:18:53 PM »
Also, this may be a better place to post this. Is there some reason my user name is split between two lines over my avatar? Other with long names have it displayed below the (online) icon.

What browser are you using?  In Firefox and in Internet Explorer it displays properly.

Firefox:

IE:

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2014, 08:25:16 PM »

What browser are you using?  In Firefox and in Internet Explorer it displays properly.
Internet explorer. What is odd is other names the same length show up on the second line. Actually none of the other user names get split like that.  :Scratch-Head: 

<edit> Ok, without the dash it now displays on the top line. Now my laptop is a wide screen, but it's only 1366x768. I realize that the site says "NewLifeGames.com is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.", but geeze, 1600x900 would be microscopic on a laptop. :nerd: In any case, it still does not explain why other names of the same length don't get split. Somehow I think it was related to the dash.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:38:10 PM by TexasMark »

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2014, 08:46:11 PM »
Ok, next question/suggestion has to do with the time limit for editing a post. Is there some reason it is so short? Makes it hard to go back and make changes or corrections or add more info. I used to be able to go back to posts to update attachments with better pictures, etc. long after originally posted.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:48:00 PM by TexasMark »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2014, 08:57:13 PM »
Ok, next question/suggestion has to do with the time limit for editing a post. Is there some reason it is so short? Makes it hard to go back and make changes or corrections or add more info. I used to be able to go back to posts to update attachments with better pictures, etc. long after originally posted.

I agree with that.  Joey, can you change the limits?

Admin > Forum > Posts and Topics > Post Settings

I suggest a "Courtesy edit wait time" of 240 (that gives users up to four minutes to edit their original post before the "Last edited..." shows up), and setting "Maximum time after posting to allow edit" to 0 to allow users to edit their posts at any time in the future.

Of course, it's up to you as you're the boss, but those are my recommendations.

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2014, 10:08:01 AM »
Try this....   :yes:

Number of seconds allowed for a post to be edited before logging the last edit date. 900  = "15" min's

Maximum time after posting to allow edit 0 minutes

0 to disable
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:30:07 PM by Joeylc »
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2014, 10:37:42 AM »
Maximum time after posting to allow edit 60 minutes
Is there a particular reason for the limit? I ask because I have seen it limited on other boards and it causes a lot of grief, especially in the classifieds when going back to edit what may have been sold, etc. People then end up PMing mods to make changes.

Also as noted earlier, it also makes it hard to correct something. Someone may read the first post about something and not realize it has the wrong info if they don't read the whole thread (which in some cases can be pages). And as mentioned above, it may result in mods getting PMed a lot to fix something.

On the flip side I have limits used on deleting a post so it does not delete the whole thread if it was the first post.

In any case, since this is the suggestions thread, that's all it is. 

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2014, 10:44:16 AM »
I think the reason is so the poster can't go back and say change the price of an item or go back and edit a post .. and then say......    I never said that !!!!   or something like that.. 

we set it to 0 to disable.  now you can edit any time...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:30:52 PM by Joeylc »
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline tjkeller

• NLG Docs, FAQs, & Files
  • Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • tjkeller New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2014, 06:32:38 PM »
Hey Boss, I see you adjusted the NLG LOG....What about moving it?

If you move it DOWN, you can probably go back to your Original LOGO.
Then you can re-size the Google, Facebook, Youtube, RSS line

Thank God for Friends!!!

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2014, 09:06:52 AM »
Hey Boss, I see you adjusted the NLG LOG....What about moving it?

If you move it DOWN, you can probably go back to your Original LOGO.
Then you can re-size the Google, Facebook, Youtube, RSS line

im playing with the code and seeing if we can do just that..  good idea.... :)
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal