New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I need to build a machine  (Read 8099 times)

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
I need to build a machine
« on: February 06, 2016, 08:57:29 PM »
 I am so tired of this 1000 in the shop I want to get back to my e-m machines

what should I build

o a gun locker on top of a three-line machine
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:12:00 AM by Jon »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: I need to build a machine
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 12:39:28 PM »
Oh come on it can't be that bad..  :banghead: I have considered building a locking storage cabinet out of a 873 I've had laying around.. Keep the 120V for the lights, and paste an old reel strip on the inside of the reels glass.. Take the feature unit out of the top box for extra storage.. It sounds like you are to the EM, like I am to the E-Series machines. I can work on the EM, it just takes me a little longer to get them running.. How goes the move?

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 12:48:36 PM »
yes I find the EMS much easier this one it just has that error code 31 even if the coin hopper is empty it only gives an error code 31 I have been fighting with it for 6 days the only good thing is it came with a couple of spare MPU boards a couple espero boards 3 power supply board Sparrow real reader board sparrow I've tested everything but the real readers I need to put them in and test them and see what they do the move division is going pretty good my house is finally on the market this is the first machine I've worked on in probably 3 months we'll have to talk about that 873 you want to destroy I want one of those in my collection I've got a beautiful 1224 e machine that's going with me it's a time machine but I think I have the right to ask for it quartersI know I have the wrong prom in this machine for what it says on the problem vs what the model number on the machine is the only thing that is not paying correctly is the three symbols in any position pay a hundred instead of 20 but can't find any listings for the right prom for it

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 01:05:51 PM »
Code 31 is for the hopper arm up too long. Check the hopper arm roller and for a bind in the payout arm on the hopper.. Your counting switch could be sticky. If you can get the reel strip numbers I know who can help you get the correct eprom.. Contact dehellis here in a PM, he has a large library of Bally Eprom programs.. He was able to help me repair a game last year that had a payout problem.. Just tell him Gary says hello.. I have a few EM Bally's here you might be interested in..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 10:46:51 PM »
Gary did you see my post on the ballys real game the wire on the coin counting switch was hooked in normally open the machine would still function and count most of the time I'm going to go get another 1000 out of storage tomorrow morning and see if I can force it to do the same thing

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 11:53:48 PM »
Yea I saw that you found that.
And remember...

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 08:23:41 PM »
the house is in escrow so I hold a couple machines to storage I have 45 days so I thought I would pick one up and build it this week I cannot empty the house until the bug inspection is over so here are a few pictures of the starting of this machine

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 09:00:50 PM »
I like the use of the molex plugs in the wiring..  :nerd:
And remember...

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 09:49:33 PM »
if the factory used more plugs it would have cut the service time on those machines in their day by 80%

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 09:58:37 PM »
I agree..  :agreepost:
I worked in the Bowling business as a mechanic for 35 years. Those machines were built like these Bally's, everything was hard wired. It took you 1-2 hrs to change out a soldered in relay. Those machines were built like tanks. They had to be, just think you have 16 lb ball coming in at 15-20 mph, plus 30+ pounds of pins flying around. Each pin weight is about 3.6 lbs. throw a bowling ball at a car for an hour and see if its still running..

Gary
And remember...

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 10:18:45 PM »
Gary if I threw a 16 pound bowling ball add a car for 1 hour I do not think I would be running anymore

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 01:58:36 PM »
the hopper and real machine came without a harness this was in a box it should do 2 - 4 hours

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 06:21:17 PM »

Yep! I'd classify that as a project machine....... :yes:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 06:27:06 PM »
that's all I build I have a lot of them left

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 08:11:14 AM »
it's still need some artwork but the old man that walks around the neighborhood just loves playing it he'll sit there for 6 hours some days playing that little girl
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 11:34:42 AM by Ron (r273) »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal