New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Aristocrat Perfect 7 slot machine 2003 Battery issue  (Read 4305 times)

Offline doratouno

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • doratouno New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Aristocrat Perfect 7 slot machine 2003 Battery issue
« on: May 21, 2016, 06:13:39 AM »
Hi Newbie here on an Aristocrat.
I got a home call for an Aristocrat that the owner said the memory need to be reset. Being it was the first Aristocrat I ever saw I figured it was a battery problem and took batteries for the IGT and Bally type slot machine. When I got to the home call the first thing I did was pull out the logic board to check the battery. The battery is the coin type battery that are used in a computer. The problem was there was no battery in the machine. So my question is does anybody know what type of battery to use in this game and second question is what do I have to do to reset memory once the battery is replaced. I have no document on this machine and I search the internet for the information. I do know that the key on the side has to be turned Counter clock wise to access the program.

Thanks
Doratouno.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Aristocrat Perfect 7 slot machine 2003 Battery issue
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 07:26:11 AM »
Welcome to NLG.   :odie:

Interesting that the battery has been removed from the machine. I wonder if that was done by someone trying to get it running before you got the call on it. I'm not familiar with this Aristocrat model but they typically use a battery of around 3.0-3.6 volts. The coin-style battery CR2032 and slightly larger CR2450 are popular. If you don't find out exactly what it uses I'd try a CR2032 or other 3 volt battery that fits the battery holder. It won't do any damage if it is wrong and you'll get going on the repair. If you look carefully at the circuit board near where the battery goes sometimes the battery type is written on the board.

Maybe after replacing the battery the memory reset instructions will appear on the screen (is this a video machine?) or you can figure it out by pressing a TEST or DIAGNOSTIC button.

Also, you can post photos of the machine, that may help to get ideas from folks here as the machine may be similar to other Aristocrat models that someone does know about.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline doratouno

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 01:35:41 PM »
When I go to a home call I always take a photo of a machine that I am working on. Here is some photos of the machine and the logic board inside and thanks for the replied. I suspected those batteries but did not want to try them unless I was positive.

Thanks
 Doratouno.

Offline doratouno

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 01:39:48 PM »
I forgot to mention I looked inside and the machine does not have any buttons for programming or resest like the IGT and Bally. The only way I can get into the programming and booking keeping is by turning the key on the right side fully counter clockwise and leaving it in the position. then by using the three play button on the front door will allow me to advance though the menu which is displayed on an display.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure it won't hurt anything if you try one of the 3 volt coin style batteries. But I understand you wanting to be sure because it is a customer's machine so proceed as you think best.

I was hoping there would be a video display that would give you an easier setup menu to use. Just to be clear, the display you are referring to is the small red display on the front of machine that normally shows win paid and credit amounts. When you go into the setup does it show text-like message for the various menu choices, or does it just show a menu step number and you really need the manual to figure it out?

To make it easier for everyone to see I've rotated your photo. Is that a black blank panel just below the top glass, or some type of display?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline doratouno

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 02:00:54 PM »
Yes and it is a green fluorescent display on the right side. The two bigger buttons will allow me to scroll though a menu the two smaller button on the left will enter the section you are at, then the two larger button will scroll though those menus. as far as changing any data I was unable to change.  I'm thinking the red button acts as the enter button which when press did nothing. I try to find the diagnostic menu to test the button but since I have no information I was unable to find it. I have no document on this brand of game so I am lost on it.

Thanks again
 Doratouno

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 02:09:13 PM »
Is there maybe a couple of keyswitches on the side of the machine, like one for the normal reset switch and another one for doing stuff in the test or setup menu?

Offline doratouno

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 02:41:54 PM »
No only one key on the right side of the machine. Also from what your saying there is a good chance I don't need reset chips like the bally and IGT slots.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 04:08:39 PM »
By saying "reset" chips I guess you mean the CLEAR and SET chips that IGT amd Bally uses? Hopefully the Aristocrat doesn't need them but I not familiar enough to say for sure, sorry. Maybe there is a button on the mpu card cage or a switch activated by a lock on the mpu board or something similar inside the machine that allows you to make changes in the menu system. Also check the power supply assembly, the fuse block and even the hopper for a board that may have a machine Test button.

If you get the model name and number off the machines idplate you may be able to find a manual online, there are even places that sell them. The owner of the machine may help to pay for the manual since it would be nice to have.  And there are some Aristocrat offices around, one of them might give you info on that machine, it might be worth an email or phone call to ask. Are you here in the US?

I looked here on NLG and didn't see any manuals for it.

Here are a couple of places that sell slot machine manuals:

http://www.coinslots.com/manuals/aristocrat/

http://www.worldwide-gaming.com/s/manuals--c-25.html
(this place is fairly high cost)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal