New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier  (Read 40525 times)

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Tat2Dave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 809 5 coin multiplier
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2018, 10:22:31 AM »
Used some rubbing alcohol and paper to clean the contacts, they were pretty dirty. One of the metal things looks like it's turned a little so the silver contact might not be making good contact against it?

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2018, 10:30:34 AM »
On all the pictures I've seen of other Bally 809 slot machines i haven't seen a resistor coming off of the coin switch like the one on my slot machine. The resistor goes from the coin switch to the coin diverter. And i dont see one on any of the wiring diagrams i have? Should it be on there does any one know?

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2018, 10:43:59 AM »
I would probably use something a little more aggressive than alcohol 600 grit wet dry sandpaper as far as the resistor yes it belongs there it keeps the point on the switch in the switch on the hopper from flashing and burning up

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2018, 11:16:14 AM »
You don't want to use sandpaper on those contacts as the
silver plating is very thin and then the brass underneath will burn away.
The old slot technician trick is alcohol and a dollar bill.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2018, 11:22:51 AM »
That would be very unusual prior to 78 that you solder silver contacts on almost all switches on these machines they are not plated they are solid I have taken apart thousands of the switch contacts when silver was very high and sent them in I think I said in over 200 oz of silver contacts none of them were plated all newer things are plated but the old ones were solid silver clean them reface them make them look good

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2018, 11:26:11 AM »
Should i straighten the arm that is turned a little? and there was continuity when i tested it.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2018, 12:29:53 PM »
If it read good with the meter then leave them alone. You can create a bigger headache. When checking for continuity alway use you meter where the wires are soldered on as not to put more pressure on the contact. If you assist the contact you can get a false reading.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2018, 02:06:02 PM »
That's where i checked for continuity at, the solder points.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2018, 11:54:33 AM »
Tried that, got continuity when i tested it after soldiering, but when i taped the coin switch it wouldn't let me pull the handle down.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2018, 01:37:20 PM »
When the switch goes down it releases the coin relay located on the left lower side of the reel mechanism.
Then when the switch returns back up in many cases it releases the handle.

The coin in switch can be seen and heard when its tripped.
You may have to reset this latch switch by pulling the handle. This can be done by pulling the handle release stop forward enabling the handle to be pulled.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2018, 02:04:18 PM »
One other thing that can cause a problem with these Bally type slots are the beau plugs that connect the reels, hopper and top odds unit to the cabinet. These plugs will tarnish just like the contacts do. To clean those a new scotch bright pad or the 600 grit wet/dry sand paper.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2018, 03:54:19 PM »
I pulled the reels out, and right now where you have "B" marked, mine isn't touching like yours is.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2018, 05:30:34 PM »
Use the air cylinder “J” bar and kick the reels by pushing it into the cylinder.
Watch the slide lever to see if it closes the B switch contacts. Most likely it will.
If the B switch contacts are open in its resting state then most likely it’s not at fault.
It’s when it closes it becomes part of a circuit.

Or just push the slide lever back to see if the contacts close.

Did the coin relay switch release when the coin in switch was depressed?

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2018, 09:39:19 AM »
It closed when i did that, and when reels stopped spinning it opened. mine doesn't have a resistor like yours does? Is that where the resistor on my coin switch should be?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2018, 09:43:40 AM »
As Jon has told you in earlier post.. That resistor belong on the coin switch. It’s not your problem and it is correct.
And remember...

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2018, 11:49:26 AM »
What should i try next? Cleaned the plugs a long time ago with super contact cleaner w/ poly phenyl ether, so they should be good.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2018, 03:35:05 PM »

The photo I posted is just a reference to the switch locations on the reel mechanism.
Going to check out the coin relay switch on an actual 809 machine.
There is a possibility that the contact leaf is on the wrong side of the actuator stud.
Will let you know in about an hour when I get back to the shop.
I’m assuming your machine is a 809, as its been awhile since this post was started and I haven’t been back to page one.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2018, 04:47:37 PM »
Photos of 809 Coin Relay latched.
Then unlatched.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2018, 04:56:02 PM »
Photos of 809 and coin in switch.

Also coin in switch 809. Appears the resistor has been cut out of the machine.
In the photo there is a short section of the resistor wire still in the solder joint.

Offline Tat2Dave

• NLG
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2018, 06:34:14 PM »
Mine looks like its latched, and this one looks like it is off to the side a little. i have 2 yellow wires and the resistor coming off of that post.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal