New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S Plus Motherboard Resistor Question.  (Read 3688 times)

Offline Eddie

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Eddie New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S Plus Motherboard Resistor Question.
« on: November 16, 2019, 07:56:28 AM »
Hi guys can anyone tell me the value of R3  Ohms,Volts, Watts and its function in the circuit?

I dont have schematics.

Thanks

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 307
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: S Plus Motherboard Resistor Question.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 12:58:49 PM »
I believe it is 3.9 Ohms 1/2W, will check at the shop Monday.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 03:41:33 PM »
Alan is correct.  3.9 Ohm 1/2W.  It's part of the denomination light circuit.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 05:09:39 PM »
Your volts may vary........

Offline Eddie

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 08:54:57 PM »
Thanks you guys! I hope replacing the resistor helps.

Offline Eddie

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 11:22:14 AM »
I cant seem to find a source for this resistor?

When I google search 3.9 ohms 1/2 watt none of the coloring matches?

The resistor R3 on the board is different then the others on the board (R1-R7) its coloring appears to be Orange, Yellow, Brown, Brown.

No resistor when googled for a purchasing source comes up with those colors?

Never thought it would be so hard to get a resistor LOL

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »
Here's a link for one from Mouser electronics:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/KOA-Speer/MF1-2CCT52R3R90F?qs=sGAEpiMZZMukHu%252BjC5l7YUKJSm6K87WprtJORiLap6s%3D

R1,R2,& R4 surrounding it are 180 Ohm.  R3 is the only one that is 3.9 Ohms on the motherboard.  Color code should be Orange White Gold Gold.

What's the problem with the machine?  Have you checked R3 to see if it's 3.9 Ohms?

Offline Eddie

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 03:55:18 PM »
The first issue is that upon power up I only get lights and the hopper is energized and spins continuously

There are no numbers showing in the displays at all. (They remain Blank)

So I cant use the test button as I couldnt see if there are Error codes anyway.

The Reels get power as the do "lock"

I tried checking all of the connectors and reseated the MPU and nothing changed.

I removed the MPU and the Motherboard to inspect for burns or any obvious signs of a failure.

I saw on the Mother Board that R3 was toasted beyond visual ID. The rest of the board was very clean without any damage only the resistor and some slight burning to the mask below it.

I removed the resistor and cleaned the burned area on the board. The traces are clean and complete.

I also noticed that a 6 pin power connector had some slight browning, a sign of light burning, so I re-pinned the connector

Now Im just searching for the correct resistor to reinstall and see if those two issues caused the machine to not bootup properly

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 04:04:18 PM »
Ah OK.  It sounds like you may have multiple problems.  I don't think replacing R3 will cure them all, but it needs to be fixed so might as well get it replaced and see what happens from there.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 06:57:36 PM »
Agreed, that resistor does live it's life on the hot side and even though the color bands are not readable it will still read the correct Ohm value with a meter.
It should not be your major concern, you could leave it off of the board for now, if you work with us in solving the main problems and get the game up to play mode I will gift you a R3 resistor so you don't have to purchase the $25 minimum order amount from Mouser.

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 07:33:10 PM »
Mouser doesn't have a minimum order, but your deal is much better considering it will cost way more in shipping than the part does from Mouser.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2019, 07:35:46 PM »
Wow, they hit me with a $25 minimum.

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2019, 07:39:14 PM »
Maybe you ordered something that they don't normally stock?  From their Help page.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2019, 07:43:16 PM »
Hmm, probably, I do save all of my orders and tend to reorder from them instead of web browsing for the part.

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2019, 07:49:04 PM »
Yeah I do too.  I've never ordered a out of stock or non-stock item because if I need it I don't want to wait for them to get some in stock.  Some items have a minimum quantity.  Between Mouser and Digikey I'm usually able to find what I need in stock.

Offline Eddie

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2019, 05:14:30 AM »
Agreed, that resistor does live it's life on the hot side and even though the color bands are not readable it will still read the correct Ohm value with a meter.
It should not be your major concern, you could leave it off of the board for now, if you work with us in solving the main problems and get the game up to play mode I will gift you a R3 resistor so you don't have to purchase the $25 minimum order amount from Mouser.

The resistor was burned and actually was flaking but I took a reading after I removed it and it was dead shorted. so it was basically just a jumper. at that point.

Without the displays coming up how can I go about solving the issues with the machine?

After repinning the burned connector should I just install the board without the resistor and see if it boots up?

I tested all the fuses and there are no issues with them or the holders.

I could take a video of what is happening if that may help?

I forgot to mention its a 2 coin Haywire.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 06:18:58 AM »
3.9 Ohms will read as a short if your meter range is not set to read low Ohms.
Pull out your computer board and check for bent pins inside the two long white connectors on the board.

Offline Eddie

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2019, 10:24:07 AM »
Yes My Fluke Meter can read Low Ohms.

I Checked all pins and Headers and all were fine I even checked for cracked solder joints and reworked all headers etc.

No change. Could a bad chip cause these issues?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 412
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2019, 10:39:30 AM »
If the top fuse (6A) is burned out, or there's something wrong with the fuse holder (missing spring?), when powered up, the reels will appear stiff after boot-up mode but there won't be any power going to the display.

Just something to check...

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Eddie

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2019, 01:10:15 PM »
If the top fuse (6A) is burned out, or there's something wrong with the fuse holder (missing spring?), when powered up, the reels will appear stiff after boot-up mode but there won't be any power going to the display.

Just something to check...

The first thing I checked were the fuses and the holders.

I used a meter with the fuses removed and they were fine.

The holders appeared fine too.

On power up The lights come on, the reels lock, The Hopper motor begins to run without stopping and The DBV cycles normally. No displays or anything else.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal