New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: low battery door open  (Read 4396 times)

Offline rapidroy

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • rapidroy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
low battery door open
« on: August 20, 2014, 03:09:26 PM »
I got the monitor fixed now to the next problem i turn it on and I get battery low door open and nothing else
Roy

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: low battery door open
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 04:28:09 PM »
Sounds like you need the replace the 3.6v lithium battery on your MPU. Not going to be able to do any thing else till that's done..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rapidroy

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 04:42:06 PM »
i got the battery done now I got it to this screen but I get a call attendant and cmos data
Roy

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 05:24:06 PM »
Try pushing the small white menu button and closing the door. I think that's what I did with mine after changing the battery. You might have to use the reset key?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 05:32:31 PM »
i got the battery done now I got it to this screen but I get a call attendant and cmos data

Ooh, then you're close -- that's a pretty standard error after a game change or battery replacement.  The colors look a little off, but that can be dealt with later.

When you start the machine and have the CALL ATTENDANT, CMOS DATA error message, do the following:

- Open the door (the main hatch) (...and hopefully that will also result in a "DOOR OPEN" message as well)

- Press and hold the white Self Test button on top of the MPU enclosure (near the power switch) for 5-10 seconds.

- If your speaker is working, you will hear a "ding".  If you don't hear the ding, assume after ten seconds that it should have dinged, and continue...

- Close the door, and ensure that the "DOOR OPEN" message vanishes.  If it still thinks a door is open, the next step will fail.

- Turn and release the spring-loaded jackpot reset keyswitch under the armrest.  The screen should go blank for a second, and then either be ready to go or may possibly present you with another error.

- If you get another error, repeat the process -- open the door again, press and hold the self test button, then release.  Upon releasing it, the game display may pop up and be ready to go, or it might take another cycle of closing the door and turning the key.

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rapidroy

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 06:01:16 PM »
that worked like a charm :dancing_2:  but now the deal button wont work. do you know how the dip switchs should go? when I looked at the board they are all off or all on I'm not sure how which way is which.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:38:03 PM by rapidroy »
Roy

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 06:55:47 PM »
Don't touch the DIP switches.  To the best of my knowledge they don't do anything, but I guess I don't know for sure.  What I do know is that I've never had to move a DIP switch on a PE+, ever.

It looks like it's in the middle of a hand?  Do the hold buttons change the "HELD" text above the cards?

As far as the Deal/Draw switch, check the wiring to see if a wire has fallen off or is making bad contact.

From where you're at now, you can press the white Self Test button once to get to the Self Test Inputs test screen.  On there, you can test the buttons by pressing them and seeing the 0 change to a 1.  Use that screen to test your buttons to see what's working and what isn't. 

To exit the Self Test Inputs screen, press the white Self Test button at least once more to get off that screen, then close the door.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rapidroy

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 07:19:44 PM »
play 5 credits and bet 1 credit don't work (change 0 to 1) all others change 0 to 1 when the other buttons change the change request line also changes from 1 to 0

I disconnected the change button and now all buttons work. :dancing_2:  i still need to work on the menu a bit (it ripped me off on the credits but then i don't know what I'm doing LOL) and color and also figure out the change switch.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:47:49 PM by rapidroy »
Roy

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 08:45:39 PM »
I would start by listening if you hear the cherry switch click when you push the button. It could be a loose or broken wire. You could have a broken button. One of the first things I do with a new machine is to test the buttons. Are they sticky or have a good spring. I listen for the switch to click. I usually end up removing them and disassemble them for cleaning up the years of dirt. Once put back together they work like new. Now I have broken a few button taking them apart because they get brittle so be warned. If your planning on keeping the machine you might just want to invest in a set of buttons.
And remember...

Offline rapidroy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 09:28:42 PM »
have you ever asked yourself "why me" well I just did. I replaced the blub on the candle and then smelled smoke yes from the mother board! well i turned the game off and pulled out the blub and the little copper wire they make the blub was touching ground and fried this transistor on the board. the game seems to work but i would like to solder one in if i can find what it is. the others around it says L2 01E3 H3M. HELP the board it 75703404 and the transistor is Q6. or is it new board time.
Roy

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal