New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 Tabasco Machine All Board LEDs No VFD Message  (Read 4958 times)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT S2000 Tabasco Machine All Board LEDs No VFD Message
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2023, 05:23:21 PM »
Ah crap.  I didn't figure the 2nd board would have a SB001000 Base Chip.  That one allows it to use S+ Reel (SS Chips).  So to use that you also have to move the SS chip (note how it is installed), but I think even with the SB001000 chip without the SS chip installed it should have booted but told you there's a problem with the SS chip.  Give it a try though, nothing to lose but a couple minutes of time.

Also if you have a DMM check the power supply voltages.  Attached is a picture of where you can easily check them and the voltage you should see.

Offline TheDeadman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • TheDeadman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2023, 05:38:05 PM »
Ah crap.  I didn't figure the 2nd board would have a SB001000 Base Chip.  That one allows it to use S+ Reel (SS Chips).  So to use that you also have to move the SS chip (note how it is installed), but I think even with the SB001000 chip without the SS chip installed it should have booted but told you there's a problem with the SS chip.  Give it a try though, nothing to lose but a couple minutes of time.

Also if you have a DMM check the power supply voltages.  Attached is a picture of where you can easily check them and the voltage you should see.

Tested with the SS chip and no luck. Which line would be ground?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2023, 05:52:59 PM »
OK.

You can use put the negative lead on the metal lining the interior of the cabinet.

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2023, 05:55:45 PM »
OK.

You can use put the negative lead on the metal lining the interior of the cabinet.

13.33 - RED
24.14 - ORANGE

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2023, 06:08:07 PM »
oh I'm late...I guess you already tried the SS PROM in the S2000 MPU.

Insert this chip with the un-notched end closest to the unmarked end of socket U17.
This chip has 28 pins but the socket has 32.
See Figure 4-3 for details.

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2023, 06:09:16 PM »
oh I'm late...I guess you already tried the SS PROM in the S2000 MPU.

Insert this chip with the un-notched end closest to the unmarked end of socket U17.
This chip has 28 pins but the socket has 32.
See Figure 4-3 for details.

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>

I tried that in board 1 and it didn't change its behavior.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2023, 06:15:39 PM »
Without another cabinet, all you can do is try MPU #2 with the SS and SB001000 chips in this machine.
Once you have the MPU in, and only then powered up, close the door and watch the VFD display closely for messages.
Do you have a Jackpot reset key?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2023, 06:16:37 PM »
Without another cabinet, all you can do is try MPU #2 with the SS and SB001000 chips in this machine.
Once you have the MPU in, and only then powered up, close the door and watch the VFD display closely for messages.

Tried that and got nothing. But will try again

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2023, 06:21:04 PM »
Do you have a Jackpot reset key?

just retried, no VFD messages. Just flashing leds on the board and flashing ticket printer

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2023, 07:06:25 PM »
OK.

13.33 - RED
24.14 - ORANGE

Those are good.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2023, 07:07:11 PM »
I'm all outta ideas until you get a working SB chip, Clear chip, and a Keychip.
You know...GTA slots is located in Ontario...he may have software to get you up and running.
Get a hold of member a69mopar ...>>>

Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Phone: 647-402-1977

Wayne@GTASLOTS.com

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2023, 08:30:16 PM »
I'm all outta ideas until you get a working SB chip, Clear chip, and a Keychip.
You know...GTA slots is located in Ontario...he may have software to get you up and running.
Get a hold of member a69mopar ...>>>

Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Phone: 647-402-1977

Wayne@GTASLOTS.com

Fired off an email, we will see what he says tomorrow. As soon as I get the chips I will update you.

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2023, 10:19:46 PM »
I don't normally sell chips, but started looking for this one. Since the move things are hard to find, I am happy that I found a couple boxes of Alpha game cards. Hopefully I find the missing Fortune 8 card also. The search continues...

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2023, 12:21:39 PM »
Also just to confirm, The IGT S2000 uses IVC224 (Clear Chip) & KEY0045, right?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2023, 01:46:49 PM »
Yes, that's correct.

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2023, 06:25:31 PM »
Was about to make dinner today when I looked at the second MPU and notice a chip seemed to be slanted. I reseated the 2 chips and now I am getting "GAME EPROM CRC MISMATCH -0xB000001". One step closer. Should I swap the SB chips and see what happens? (it has the Double Diamond SB chip right now)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2023, 07:07:42 PM »
Just turn the j/p key until it says to push test button for 3 seconds then close the door.

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2023, 07:18:38 PM »
Just turn the j/p key until it says to push test button for 3 seconds then close the door.

Just continues to say Please close main door (which is definitely closed)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2023, 07:22:32 PM »
That one was the SB001000 so you also have to install the SS chip on that board too.

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2023, 07:25:59 PM »
That one was the SB001000 so you also have to install the SS chip on that board too.

The SS chip is in, but I can't seem to get the door to fully close. the latch on the side appears to be half way down and if I pull the door, even while it should be locked, it opens.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal