New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need help wiring hold buttons  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Big D

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Big D New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Need help wiring hold buttons
« on: July 14, 2015, 06:39:11 PM »
I am converting a PE+ from a keno machine into a poker machine, and I have all the hold buttons working except the middle hold button. I cant find where that wire should be in the connector.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Need help wiring hold buttons
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 06:23:46 AM »
From the archive site (link), here's what I posted for the button wiring for my PE+ bartop drop-in machine:

Originally posted December 4, 2010:
I took pictures, but I'm not too sure how helpful they'll be.  Let's start with this before I deal with offloading and uploading:

First, there isn't one common ground wire for these buttons, per se.  That is, there isn't one wire that directly connects to all five of them.

Here's the wiring on my machine.  If the first one matches yours, then the rest should as well.  These go in order on the blades of the cherry switch.  The blades are labeled on each cherry switch (look closely at the plastic housing on the switch itself).

You'll notice in my notes here that the wire from the previous NC blade goes to the C blade of the next switch, every time -- that makes the series.

Hold 1:
C = Yellow/Purple Stripe
NO = White-ish or yellow (the color is fading on mine -- tough to tell)
NC = Gray

Hold 2:
C= Gray
NO = White/Purple Stripe
NC = Gray/Purple Stripe

Hold 3:
C = Gray/Purple Stripe
NO = Yellow/Red Stripe
NC = Gray/Dark Blue Stripe

Hold 4:
C = Gray/Dark Blue Stripe
NO = White/Brown Stripe  (or this may just be a whiteish-brown wire - my notes are scrawled)
NC = Gray/Yellow Stripe

Hold 5:
C = Gray/Yellow Stripe
NO = White/Black Stripe
NC = [open] (nothing connected to this -- it's the end of the series)

Success?

If not, and hold 1 is the only button working, triple-check the wiring to (and from) the switch.  Because they're wired in series, if something is mis-wired, that'll be the last one (or the one before it) to work in the series.

Edited to add: Here's the rest of the button wiring for the PE+ bartop, in case someone needs it in the future.

Deal/Draw:
C = Yellow/Green Stripe
NO = Yellow/Black Stripe
NC = Gray/Orange Stripe

Bet 5 (Max):
C = Gray/Orange Stripe
NO = Yellow/Brown Stripe
NC = Gray/Red Stripe

Bet 1 (Play Credit):
C = Gray/Red Stripe
NO = Yellow/Red Stripe
NC = Gray/Brown Stripe

Cash Out:
C = Gray/Brown Stripe
NO = Yellow/Orange Stripe
NC = Gray/Black Stripe

Change Request (the red "Change" or "Service" button a player would use to call an attendant):
C = Gray/Black Stripe
NO = Yellow/Blue Stripe
NC = [open] (nothing connected to this -- it's the end of the series)

(For what it's worth, I had the wires for the change button reversed on my machine (Yellow/Blue going to C, and Gray/Black going to NO), and it works fine, but likely because it's at the end of the series.  I see now that they're reversed, and have what I believe to be the "correct" wiring listed above.)
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Big D

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 02:55:25 PM »
Thanks for the wire info Knagl, but thats not quite what I need.

Since this machine was originally a keno machine the wiring harness dosn't have the wires for the hold button since they don't exist in keno.

I removed the "keyboard" device (not sure what else to call it) from the front of the machine and replaced it with belly glass from ebay.

Now I have added the hold buttons and ran wire from the buttons back to the molex connector and I have all but the one button working.

I have tried all the empty spots in the connector but make the button work.

I even swapped the mother board with a spare to eliminate that as the problem.

Not sure what to try next...

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 12:10:23 AM »
Understood.  I've always called the keno thing the "keno keyboard" myself, for lack of any other term.

I only know enough to be dangerous when it comes to reading the schematics, but it sure looks like the five hold buttons are in order in the motherboard connection.  For the four you have working (1, 2, 4, and 5), are they "in order" in the molex connector?  If so, that would confirm that hold 3 (the middle one) should indeed go right into the middle of the five hold switch wires.  If you've tried that without success, is it possible you have a bad pin or receptacle in the connector?

I've attached a troubleshooting page which might help, and I'll also send you an e-mail with a file that might be useful to you.

Best of luck -- let us know if you get it figured out.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Big D

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 09:59:22 AM »
Thanks for the pictures
I will try to wire the button to the molex connector pin that you ID'ed in the picture tonight when I get home.
My fingers are crossed.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal