New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 3902 to 044 with no video updated 24NOV15 Includes files from Ceronix  (Read 9891 times)

Offline ukulele

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • ukulele New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Attempting to install a 044 board and have run into problems. The LCD screen is dark. I have tried pushing the LCD controls as mentioned by bpracer but don’t get the results. If key chip 28 is in there is something but it is unreadable. With the key chip in the wba13 sounds on power up but not without it. I will assume this part works like 3902 boards. The screen worked great with the 3902. Have used two 044 boards and to flash with the same results. The back plane has been checked for connections. I’m lost. Anyone have a suggestion?
Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.
Regards,
Philip
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:08:47 PM by ukulele »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: 044 to 3902 with no video
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 06:34:54 AM »
do you have flashing red lights on the mpu board when you power up?  Do your 044 mpu's have the green battery?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 11:54:39 AM »
Attempting to install a 044 board and have run into problems. The LCD screen is dark. I have tried pushing the LCD controls as mentioned by bpracer but don’t get the results. If key chip 28 is in there is something but it is unreadable. With the key chip in the wba13 sounds on power up but not without it. I will assume this part works like 3902 boards. The screen worked great with the 3902. Have used two 044 boards and to flash with the same results. The back plane has been checked for connections. I’m lost. Anyone have a suggestion?
Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.
Regards,
Philip

When you press the menu button do you see the menu?

In the menu have you tried turning the "OSD" on or off?

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 02:38:28 PM »
Have you made sure that the MPU is seating properly and the motherboard is good?

Offline ukulele

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 12:00:46 PM »
I have used two different mpu boards. One with the green battery and one without. Two different back planes, two flash boards and two machines.
Yes, I have the blinking red light on the far left led,5 amber and the last two green. The red goes away with the key chip in place.
With the key chip in I see something on the screen but so faint it is unreadable. The brightness and contrast are turned up all the way to no avail.
Tried turning off the OSD but didn't work. Menu defaults to briteness and contrast. Selecting the part of the menu that says OSD and still can't find a way to turn it off or on. If I press select 3 times on the OSD menu all I get is an OSD timeout setting.
It appears everything is seated well so I'm lost at the moment.

Philip
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:08:01 PM by ukulele »

Offline ukulele

• NLG
Re: 3902 to 044 with no video updated 17NOV15 Still Need Help
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 02:10:28 PM »
I have had some minor success working on the 3902 to 044 upgrade but am still having a major problem with the video.
There was one plug I had in the wrong place and as funny as it seems I was missing the boot chip. Those two items have been fixed. The game being installed now works correctly except for a major problem. The screen is still so dark it can hardly be seen. You have to stand over it at the correct angle and you can barely see it. I have tried the remedy offered earlier with the LCD controls but to no avail. The screen works bright and clear with a 3902 board. Does anyone have any thoughts? Is there some strange connection that has to be done for the 044 boards to have vivid video?
Regards,
Philip

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 02:24:45 PM »
Is it dark even with the 3902?  If it's just the 044, does your LCD monitor have an auto-adjust button or reset to defaults option in the menu tree?

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 02:34:53 PM »
Try this...

Open your door, turn the key twice.  Do you see a calibration menu?  If so, and you run through the process and shut the door...any change?

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 04:09:25 PM »
What is the make and model of your lcd?  What you describe appear to be a sync issue.  The monitor's timings do not appear to be correct.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline ukulele

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 01:23:55 AM »
The screen is bright and clear using the 3902 boards. No issues at all.

I have reset the monitor and used the auto-adjust but the results are the same.

The monitor is a Ceronix model 1705 LCD made in Feb 2013.

I also did the calibration but unfortunately the results are still the same.

I’m going to go back and look at the wiring again. Maybe I missed something.  The problem has remained consistent on two machines and multiple 044 boards, backplanes, and flash boards. There may be a wire or a setting that I’m missing. Hopefully someone will have the knowledge that I’m missing.
As always, I appreciate your time and efforts in providing help with this problem. :clap:
Regards,
Philip

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 02:56:29 AM »
Remove your MPU and take a clear picture of your wiring connections to the motherboard and we can look at ours to see if anything looks out of place.  The monitor works, so I suspect it's a connection somewhere.

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 06:48:37 PM »
One more thing...

Do you have a VGA port AND a DVI port?  If so, have you tried both?  Same results?

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 06:54:03 PM »
IGT uses that multiplin plug to connect the monitor.  It is not standard vga/dvi connector.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 07:15:32 PM »
IGT uses that multiplin plug to connect the monitor.  It is not standard vga/dvi connector.

Okay, so he must have something different than what I have.  My door mounted Wells Gardner LCD has both, but the cable is a 19-pin from the rear plug with a VGA plug to the monitor.  For troubleshooting, a VGA to DVI adapter can be connected to the VGA cable and connected to the DVI port on the monitor.  Sounds like he may only have a single port then on his monitor.

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 11:47:57 PM »
Depends on the LCD retrofit.  Mine does not have vga/dvi port, the 19 pin plug goes directly into my LCD enclosure.  I've seen some monitors that have an external power brick velcroed to the back of the lcd along with the vga cable.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 11:50:45 PM »
Read Ron's reply (number 3) in the following link:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1010.msg4923#msg4923

I wonder if there is an 044 setting somewhere that could be playing into this problem.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 11:52:10 PM »
I've seen some monitors that have an external power brick velcroed to the back of the lcd along with the vga cable.

Yep, that's the type I put into my machine.

Jason

Offline MrBellMan

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • MrBellMan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 02:25:29 PM »
Ceronix monitors have to be jumpered for 044 setups. Contact Ceronix for instructions.

Offline ukulele

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2015, 09:22:58 PM »
After reading some of these responses I had a thought. After looking at my LCD monitor I see that it is hooked up as analog. I believe the 044 boards are digital. There is also a DVI output but it not being used. It would be great if the answer is as simple as changing the connection on the LCD panel? I will give Ceronix a call on Monday and request assistance. Will advise accordingly.
Regards,
 Philip

Offline ukulele

• NLG
Re: 3902 to 044 with no video updated 24NOV15 Attachments from Ceronix
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 04:24:58 PM »
After contacting Ceronix for help I now have video for the 044 board on my LCD screen. I will attach the material that Ceronix emailed me for references.
First you should note on the sticky regarding the 044 screen fix that it needs more information. My problem in pushing the control buttons is that the instructions are to reach an H/V Sync Switch. Those instructions didn’t mention this switch. This switch does not appear on my OSD screen.
My fix was very simple. First remove the two screws holding the back cover and remove cover from the LCD.  In front of the Analog connector is the word Video. Between that word and the plug is a small 2 pin black plastic jumper that needs to be removed. This jumper is to open up the video for the 044 board. If you want to go back to the 3902 board the jumper will need to be replaced so don’t lose it.
Regards,
Philip

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal