New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 61 1 Won't reset  (Read 4769 times)

Offline Clawsino

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Clawsino New User has no influence.
  • NLG
61 1 Won't reset
« on: August 02, 2014, 12:52:26 PM »
When i turn on my IGT S+ slot i get a 65 2 error code on the screen. I hold the test button for a second and it changes to 61, then i hold the button again and it turns to a 61 1 i  thejn close the door and try to turn the rest key and nothing happens. I have tried changing the door sensors as well as testing the reset switch. still cant get it to reset. any other things i can check?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: 61 1 Won't reset
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 01:17:28 PM »
Cash can door closed? This will act like a door open and will disable reset key.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 01:41:42 PM »
I don't have the switch installed on the door but i've twisted the wires together. the candle code is for tilt door open. I've tried several different door sensors as well and still nothing.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 03:11:58 PM »
Since you've been inside the game, the candle is going to flash until the first game is played, regardless of wether doors are sensed as still open or not.

I would also check the bypass on the cash can door to insure the 2 wires are twisted together good and making solid contact with each other. Make sure ends are taped to prevent shorting on cabinet.

Have you ever had this game up? Just wondering of the door optics are aligned properly? Do the displays "blink" when the door is closed after you get the 61-1?

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 04:00:14 PM »
the game itself has never been up, im trying to get it going. ive replaced both the boards on the machine as the battery corroded them pretty badly. i put a wire cap on the cash box wires and it looks as if the sensors for the door are aligned. i will try a known working set of both to see if its the issue

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 12:36:25 PM »
Do you have a front door with a belly glass that folds down to get cash from cash can?

If so there is a door switch for that "belly door" and if it is a bad switch the machine wont clear.

Find that switch and twist it's two wires together also.

Some have already jumpered out the switch with a small two pin Molex connector and I have encountered three machines in the past year where the damn jumper was bad. Cut  the wires below that jumper and twist them together with a wire nut.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 04:40:51 PM »
I thought about the belly door this morning, but for some reason, I was thinking S+ didn't have a switch there!

Edit: I just confirmed on an S+ game in the shop, and it has no belly door switch on it. Maybe some did???
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 05:15:09 PM by CVslots »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 05:38:43 PM »
If it has a belly door look for the jumper if it does not have a switch.

In my experience any machine with a belly door has either the switch or the jumper.

Look near the door hinge right above where the wiring goes to the door.

There is a small two wire jumper.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 08:57:11 PM »
Probably just something we've overlooked over the years...Understandable....thank for the heads up!

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 09:42:17 PM »
s+ has no switch but i did see the jumper, i will test it and let you know

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 10:20:29 PM »
Just unplug the jumper, cut the connector wires it was plugged into and strip them and wire nut them together.

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 04:01:18 PM »
ok, so i cut the jumper and spliced it together like you said and still nothing. ive tried a different door wiring harness as well as different door sensors and im  still unable to turn the reset key to clear the 61 1 code. what else can i try??

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 05:15:45 PM »
Trace your wires from your door and cabinet optics back to the motherboard. There has to be a break or a plug not connected or corroded. Place a piece of tape on the side of the cabinet, then mark where the door optic is. Do the same on the door side. Close the door and see if they line up. One last thing to check is to make sure the optics are installed in the right place. I think one has red and white wires and one has red and black wires. If they are interchanged it won't work. The machine is definitely not seeing the door as closed. To be absolutely positive the optics are aligned remove the reel glass so you can see them.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 06:04:18 PM »
We got a S+ board in the shop today and the 61 would not clear.

Tech who brought it to me said he got a constant 49 and his clear chip would not work.

It would not see the clear chip when I tried our clear chip.

It would not see the door closed either.

But I did find that the sound chip was defective, Removed it from the board and got the board all the way up to ready to play.

Dropped a known good sound chip (AY-3-8912) into the socket and had sound.

Just saying it could be anything.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 05:22:11 PM »
Edit: I just confirmed on an S+ game in the shop, and it has no belly door switch on it. Maybe some did???

A very small number of S+ machines had belly door switches that were wired in-line with the door optics.  Most S+ machines did not have such a switch, though.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 07:48:57 PM »

A very small number of S+ machines had belly door switches that were wired in-line with the door optics.  Most S+ machines did not have such a switch, though.

Thanks knagl...have NEVER had an issue yet with one! guess its just my lucky day, oops, lucky life!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:32:33 AM by CVslots »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal