New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ 65-2 into alternating 0/1 in Credits Played window  (Read 288 times)

Offline Zendormu

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zendormu New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ 65-2 into alternating 0/1 in Credits Played window
« on: March 23, 2024, 01:36:09 PM »
Hello!

I recently acquired a game kit for Triple Sapphires and the chips for Triple Dollars with Mystery Reel Action, and today did the conversion on my 16" Top S+.

This constituted both an SP Chip Change (SP872 changed for SP654) and an SS Chip Change.

On power up after performing all required changes I followed the S+ Game Change guide on the old site. After turning the jackpot reset key the S+ displayed 65-2 until I returned the jackpot key to the home position, and it then changed to display 4 0's in the Winner Paid/Credits window, an an alternating 0/1 in the Coins Played window.

If I restart the machine, it boots back up to a code 61 and then once I push past that it display 65-2 for a second, then returns to all 0's and an alternating 0/1.

I presume this is all because changing the SP chip effectively caused a RAM clear? Therefore I'm probably being shown initial gaming machine setup.

What will I need to do to get my machine back into play?

My S+ does not have a BV so I do not need to worry about any of those shenanigans, just a coin comparitor.

Thank you very much!

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ 65-2 into alternating 0/1 in Credits Played window
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 02:57:38 PM »
65_2   Game type mismatch   Open door and press self test switch for 1 to 2 seconds.
However, SP872 is a Type 0, 1, 4, or 5 chip - it is not made to be used with your "Random Nudge" game.

Your Triple Dollars game has a Mystery Reel Action ("Random Nudge"), it requires a different SP chip because it is a Type 23 game.
Put your SP654 back in.
The SP654 is a Type23 SP chip.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Zendormu

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 03:02:05 PM »
Much appreciated for the reply!

I did change the SP chip when I changed the game kit (Double Wild Cherry, the old kit, used SP872. I changed it out for SP654 which supports the required Game Type, Type 23.)

I have managed to proceed past the 65-2 code using the outlined method, and now I'm just getting all 0's in the Winner Paid/Credits window, and a 0 -> 1 -> Blank repeating pattern which I can't seem to find much about so far.

I'm pretty much just guessing this is what happens with initial setup.

How should I proceed?

Thanks!

Offline Zendormu

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 03:16:32 PM »
Back again - I realized it was only doing this because I was leaving the key in the "turned" position. I reset the key and the 65-2 did not clear as it had been. Then I followed the procedure and suddenly, I'm back into the game!

I do have a separate issue now though - my reel strips do not appear to be matching with the game outcomes. I am seeing the random nudges take place as they are supposed to, but symbols are nudging off the payline and TPL symbols aren't paying on the payline. I installed my strips as outlined in the S+/S2000 Reel Strip document and made sure I ordered one of each strip for the game since it uses an ABC layout.

Offline Zendormu

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2024, 03:40:22 PM »
I checked things more closely and while the reel strips had ended up slipping during installation of other parts - the pays are still not making sense.

Two mispays I've seen so far are 1BAR 2BAR TPL paying the Tripled 1BAR pay, and 3 3BAR paying the ANY BAR pay.

I have reel strips: 848-887-00, 848-888-00, 848-889-00 installed left to right in the machine in that order.

Offline Zendormu

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2024, 04:00:12 PM »
Last reply - I took a very close inspection of my strips and have figured out the problem.

TPL Sapphires does use the exact same symbols/positioning as TPL Diamond - but it doesn't use the same reel strip order in terms of part number.

TPL Diamond installs ABC, but it seems to match things up correctly TPL Sapphires needs to be installed BCA.

I've changed this over and now we seem to be paying properly. Seems like in the end, just a bunch of newbie problems stacking up on me!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG

Offline Zendormu

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2024, 05:01:01 PM »
I'm using SS8191 which should have ABC strips - but upon review of the symbols and their positions compared to the Triple Diamond set I discovered the order based on part number does not follow the same layout as Triple Diamond.

My strips needed to be installed in this order to match a correct deployment of Triple Diamond/Triple Sapphires:

84888800, 84888900, 84888700

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2024, 05:06:20 PM »
That's weird :Scratch-Head: ....you'd think they'd go on as 700, 800, 900?
Oh well...as long as it works!  :cool_thumb_up:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2024, 06:06:42 PM »
Dug mine out to read the numbers but mine are AAA sparkly strips.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal