New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: No lights on board, Display's NETPLEX link is down.  (Read 2826 times)

Offline roninva

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • roninva New User has no influence.
  • NLG
No lights on board, Display's NETPLEX link is down.
« on: December 21, 2015, 08:09:21 PM »
Hi there.
I've searched the .net and here and haven't found a solution. I have Display's NETPLEX link is down. On the display. Turn the game on, you hear the bill acceptor validating, that's it. No lights on the game. No red light on the box behind the hopper. All lights working.
I've tried reseating the connectors, ribbon cables, etc. Nothing changes. Is the power supply behind the reels the culprit?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: No lights on board, Display's NETPLEX link is down.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 08:19:33 PM »
Do you have a 500 series mpu or an enhanced mpu(1270). If you have an enhanced most likely the varta battery is bad. If you have an enhanced cpu try leaving the game turned on for an hour then cycle the power and see if it comes up.
If you do have an enhanced you can remove the voltage regulator at U16 and the varta battery and it should work without them.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline roninva

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • roninva New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 08:27:06 PM »
I'll post some pictures, I haven't a clue. Is the varta battery supposed to look like an albino wookie?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 08:36:13 PM »
 OK disregard my first post you have a 500 series mpu. This will not fix your current issue but you need to remove that green battery and neutralize the area with a mild vinegar solution before the MPU gets ruined. You do not need the green battery for home use.
For the netplex down with the door open do any of the LEDs light up on the MPU board when you turn the power on?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 08:49:00 PM »
Two things you can try are,
1) make sure power supply behind the reels is seated properly
2) unplug power to all 3 light ballasts to see if a bad one is dragging the power supply down

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 09:02:58 PM »
I have had the netplex link down issue only a couple times with a 500 series board. Both times it was the power supply. It's much more common to get that error with a 1270 board which is usually caused by the varta battery. Either way, Your varta needs to be removed. I see some serious corrosion on your board that will certainly lead to failure if it hasn't already ruined it. Always power down before reseating any connections.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 11:52:17 PM »
Although I have not, personally, seen an Albino Wookie....I'm guessing the Wookies you've speak of are fuzzy/furry, and  the hair of which is somewhat white.  :24: :24:

Replace your power supply and you'll be good to go. No worries! Well, a bit of  :money:, but other than that, no real damage.

Happy Holidays!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal