New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT G20 slot machine  (Read 1613 times)

Offline paspedaggi

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • paspedaggi New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT G20 slot machine
« on: November 13, 2023, 01:57:32 PM »
I am new here.

I have a slot machine IGT G20.

My printer TITO was not working, I changed the printer and now it seems to be working but I keep getting an error message.

"DEVICE OFFLINE"
"PRINTER TILT"

Because of these messages, nothing works.

Can someone help?

I am new to slot machine ownership so not very knowledgeable of the inside.

Thank you

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT G20 slot machine
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 05:21:50 PM »
Topic moved to IGT G20.

Someone should chime in soon!  :yes:
 :NLG_WELCOME:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline lvdesertrat

• Reputation Power: 2
  • lvdesertrat New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 09:12:05 AM »
In what way is the printer working. Is it printing tickets? Is there an error when printing?
A little more detail may help but first thought is maybe the ribbon cable isn't plugged in fully.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 06:50:06 PM »
All the lights are working and when I press and hold the green button, I get a printed ticket.

The error reads "Ticket printer offline ID 0, Please correct the error"

I have taken the printer off and back on several times, the same message appears.

it also appears that I cannot go into the printer settings because there are credits on the machine. I do not know how to remove the credits.

Thanks for your help.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 12:01:55 PM »
When you print the test ticket, there is some information on that.   What is the firmware that it reports.  Also the printer gets power from the cabinet, but relies on USB for com to the system.  The G20 has that power supply that is piggybacked to the top of the brainbox.  It has a small 4 pin cable (red/black wires) that plugs to the top of it and provides power to the USB hub where the printer is usually connected, make sure that cable is there and plugged in.  Without power to the USB HUB, nothing connected to it would work.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 02:44:52 PM »
I followed all the wires from the printer and it all seems connected, I do have a green light on the printer and I do get a test ticket when I press and hold the button.

I just got an ekey7.
With that key, is there any way to remove the credits in the machine?   Most places I look, it says that no changes can be made with credits.

All help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Offline sccarlso

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 03:42:10 PM »
If you wipe nvram and safe storage with the diag key, when it reboots it will go into initial setup and credits will be gone.

Had that happen a few times when the ticket printer wasn't set right and I didn't set it to be able to clear credits with the jackpot key.   :rotfl:

But that did it. 

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2024, 05:57:22 PM »
What is the "diag key"?      Do i need to hookup a keyboard to the machine to clear NVRAM?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 06:01:17 PM »
It's a diagnostic program on a USB drive.  You need that along with your ekey7 to clear NVRAM, Safe storage, and to wipe the hard disk.  Don't wipe the hard disk though unless you have the OS and game loaders for your machine.  It also lets you run additional diagnostic programs to test various machine functions (lamps, buttons, etc).

Member RB here can get you a diag if you need it.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2024, 06:45:25 PM »
I guess I need that key   how do I reach out to RB?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2024, 07:20:24 PM »
Got it.  Thank you so much.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2024, 07:15:02 PM »
So, i have both keys now.  I put both in the machine and I have the option to wipe safe storage, however the message that came up scared me. It said that it would erase everything, game and all.   Is that correct?  or am I in the wrong area?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2024, 07:35:25 PM »
No that's right.  Just don't wipe the hard drive.  NVRAM and safe storage only.  That way your OS remains intact along with all your games.  You'll just have to go though the setup process though and re-enable all the games.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2024, 08:36:43 PM »
Thank you. It worked and I have the game back.

I still have printer issues. Is there a way to bypass the printer?   The diagnostic key says that there is no printer. I followed the cables and all seems good.''This is what I get.

Offline sccarlso

• sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2024, 10:09:42 AM »
Can't address the printer issue without the info.

You mentioned "I followed all the wires from the printer and it all seems connected, I do have a green light on the printer and I do get a test ticket when I press and hold the button."

What model printer is it, and is it connected by USB or a Netplex connector?  If it isn't USB, then it's Netplex, lol

Can you take a pic of the data printed on the test ticket?  That will help rule out if you installed a printer that doesn't have the correct firmware for IGT.

And why did you replace the printer in the first place?  Did the old one not work?  Do you still have the previous ticket printer?

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2024, 05:51:43 PM »
The printer connection does not appear to be USB, netplex.  The printer is an EPIC 950 ITHACA
I am attaching a picture of the ticket.
I replaced the printer because the i-old one gave me the same message and I thought that changing the printer would fix the issue., so I guess that I have 2 printers now. lol.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 07:22:36 PM by Tilt »

Offline sccarlso

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2024, 11:34:07 AM »
Well it would appear it's ok, that's IGT firmware.   A USB connection is always preferred.

And that firmware is for Netplex on USB.  Not standard Netplex.   So if you don't have a USB cable connected, it isn't going to work.  :)

Ref:  https://transact-tech.com/service-and-support/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2023/09/epic-950-flip-book.pdf

So in the back, you should have 3 plugs, a USB, a Netplex 6 pin double row Molex connector, and a 4 pin molex power connector.  Pic attached of the top view of the ports in back.  USB is on one side, the 4 pin power cable is on the other side.  The 6 pin Netplex connector you don't want to use is in the center.

By the firmware, you should have the 4 pin power connected, and a USB A to B cable connecting it to the backplane of your machine, and NOT the molex connection that's in the center connected as in the pic.  Mine has the same ports, but I flashed mine with IUU USB firmware for IGT as it had some generic firmware flashed to it.  But IUN firmware, Netplex over USB should work just the same.    If you have a USB printer cable, that'll work.  Otherwise you need to get a USB 2.0 A to B cable.  Cheap on Amazon, OfficeDepot, etc.  Like this one:     

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-3-Feet-USB-Certified-Cable/dp/B001GTW5Z2/ref=sr_1_10?crid=13LBSLUZ1HC14&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.rR-x9zIW18NbJKNPRiP0cukVx-TvZO4bjBnIn2dvDkXFzZeAwO9kM8AexP8MVYWB7nu1-DPX1ZxvZOyVw1c8jiRo7b1652et4NAKRe14K0rrJeYgsGZr-i0bgjpbXhpVX4iNN2rlf0P61QLuo1hxRX3AbLCcTQAMSTx5pz0ZfyZYee7LkpXOdPachovVAX2ODfNwc9AKpuE6LdnVFNFY7Voc_Od2WOpxMNbD7EgJO6I.eQD-3UsaLHSU6y3f04XY8roV6RM7sgCjzNhWIP3uh0s&dib_tag=se&keywords=USB+a+to+b+cable&qid=1712255024&sprefix=usb+a+to+b+cab%2Caps%2C348&sr=8-10

Leave the 4 pin power connected, disconnect the center Netplex plug as I'd bet it's connected.   And plug in the USB cable to it, and the other end into a USB port on your backplane.

Then power on, and go into setup and I've never had to set a printer "type" on an AVP.  It just detected it and make sure your tito is set to print tickets if it didn't allow you to set that before.   So it might just detect it.  Worst case, clear NVRAM and Safe Storage only and repeat initial config of the machine and enable the games you want.  But you might get lucky and just by connecting USB instead of the center Netplex molex connector, it might just fire right up and you ensure it's set in the comm options to print tickets.  But since the firmware IS USB.  That's how it should be connected.   USB IMHO is the easiest and best way to connect BV's and printers on AVP's.  :)   All you need is power and USB connected and done, they work.

See if your printer has the three ports in back.  It should.  And if you connect it with USB by all means it should work, just need a $6 cable.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2024, 12:13:47 PM »
Thank you so much for your help.  I truly appreciate it.

I looked again last night and I believe that I have both, a USB cable going to the back on-f the machine and a white connector.

The picture you sent of the back of the printer looks identical to mine.  I'll check all the other connections tonight when I get home.   It worked before with the other printer, then stopped with the error message.   No connections changed other than the actual printer.

Offline sccarlso

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2024, 01:50:00 PM »
I've had similar happen when the USB plug behind the printer came loose.  :)

If that's secure, and still no go.  I'd plug the other end of the USB cable into another USB port on the backplane.  It should be fine firmware and connection wise, so worth a shot.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal