New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Cham 3?  (Read 4772 times)

Offline BiggerHammer

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • BiggerHammer New User barely matters.BiggerHammer New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Cham 3?
« on: January 09, 2015, 01:52:41 PM »
So what's the Cham 3 all about? I came across one of these but have not tried to do anything with it yet. It looks very simular to a chamII+ controller/driver board. Any info on these?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Cham 3?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:42:48 PM »
You are correct it's a cham II+ in a smaller package.
It will work exactly the same as the II+
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline BiggerHammer

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 02:50:17 PM »
That's about what I suspected. So how do I get power to it? It doesn't have the 2-pin (J1) connector like the cham2+ and there was no power supply with it  :banghead: .

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »
Check this link the manual is attached to it.
That should help.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=20376.0

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline BiggerHammer

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 04:45:08 PM »
Thanks for the link. You might be interested to know that on pg3 of the PDF, it states that it does not funtion as a stand-alone and is only a cost-effective alternative for progressives that are ran from a seperate controller. So I guess it's more like a chamII instead of a chamII+. I would have bet money that it would work as a SA before reading that.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 04:54:16 PM »
Read chapter three it will function as a II+
I believe others have used them successfully but I have not had one to try.
Should be easy to check out once you boot it up.
Note: manual is also available in the download section on this site
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:13:17 PM by qbert »

Offline BiggerHammer

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 05:48:38 PM »
 I must be missing something. The only thing that i'm seeing in chapter 3 is on page 16 titled "Chapter 3-Installation". The second bullet point states that the cham III can change-out for a chamII+ "only in non-standalone applications".

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 10:33:26 PM »
Bigger,
It looks like you are correct I thought sure others have used them as stand alone. :fryingpan:
Like I said I have not toyed with one myself but after reading through the manual it looks like it will not work as a stand alone..
I would still like to see if SA is an option in the display menu.

Rich

Offline BiggerHammer

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 12:11:59 PM »
Rich, I'm also thinking that the lack of a back-up battery on the board pretty much confirms that they will not function as a controller. Although not a SA controller, It still looks like they will be pretty cool display/drivers. I'm getting ready to start a 5-machine linker project using a con2i so these might be perfect for that. I'll post up some pics once I get her all set up. I'm still on the hunt for a suitable overhead display. I'd like something in the 8"x 48" range. 

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 12:40:19 PM »
Rudy had some displays at a pretty good price.
I drive mine with supreme boards. I have a con2i but I have not set it up yet.
First I have to get all my machines in one room. :arrowthruhead:
Post pictures when you get them set up.

Offline BiggerHammer

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 04:16:17 PM »
Okay, so you're driving yours with Supreme boards. That's kind of why I have not pulled the trigger on the overhead display yet. My plan for the linker project is to drive the five in-machine chamII displays using my currently installed chamII+ controller/drivers as just drivers and then to drive the larger overhead display straight out of the con2i or use another chamII+ as the driver for the overhead. Problem is I don't know what all types of displays (large overhead type) that the chamII+ is compatible with. I know that each one will drive up to 4 displays but are they only compatible with the chamII 2"x 12" displays? Or, should I just run the larger overhead straight out of the con2i and find a separate driver just for that display, maybe a surpreme? Any advice?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 05:58:45 AM »
Big,
I think one of the experts on overhead display is idesign.
Right now i am using my supreme as a stand alone for message greetings and to display some of the canned animations from Mikhon.
I have not had good luck driving large displays with chams I believe it can be done but I have not spent much time playing with it .
 knagl would also be another good source.

Guys chime in if you get a chance.

Rich

Offline BiggerHammer

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 10:27:58 AM »
Maybe I'll start a new thread for the display/con2i Q&A.

Thanks Rich,
Brad

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal