New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I just bought A Bally Medalist, non working Machine  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Dagrams0608

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dagrams0608 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I just bought A Bally Medalist, non working Machine
« on: March 30, 2021, 07:32:38 AM »
so I just bought a non working Bally Medalist 5 coin .10 cent machine. I am wondering if someone has a trouble shooting guide or maybe a what to look at first. I get machine today.  so I have not had a chance to dig into it yet. I'm just super excited. From what I have found it's abit of a rare Machine in .10 cent

Thank you in advance to all the people on site. I see so many helping each other on here, I have been on other sites and I don't see this kind of help being put out there.

Thanks again
Rob :Scratch-Head:

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 267
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: I just bought A Bally Medalist, non working Machine
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 08:10:33 AM »
Please post photos of your machine, one of the outside and one with the door opened.
Does it power up at all? If you put a dime in, will the handle pull and cycle the machine?
The experts will chime in after you post the photos.  :yes:
 :NLG_WELCOME:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline wolftalk

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 05:26:14 PM »
medallist is model 1081.

you can find some paperwork for a 1081-1 on http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

I may have paperwork for other versions of the game, so see what the model number says on the plate below the handle.  Top number is the model number.

if the game comes with paperwork, I need the diagrams for the payout counter (W-923-460) and the coin unit.  I may have the coin unit diagram, but need to match it to pictures of what's in your game.

if you take highest possible resolution pics then get frustrated by the size limits on this forum, please email them to slotpics@cdyn.com and I'll add them to the web site above.  Alternatively, stick the pics/video on a cloud drive/file sharing site and let us know where they are.

if you're troubleshooting and reading descriptions on using continuity/ohms measurements to check reel circuits, the 1081 has diodes and continuity testing likely won't work.

Offline Dagrams0608

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 10:08:01 AM »
so machine isn't complete. I bought it sight unseen. was told it was just not working. so far I have found the .10 coin mech is missing the main board on the back is unhooked and sitting in machine. there is a smaller board the was in hopper that needs replacement for sure as it is broken, but I'm not sure where it even goes yet.
I took some pics, I will have to get posted but I am frustrated that I was not told the truth on machine. I prob would have bought it anyway but yeah. hahah.

Offline Dagrams0608

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 12:19:09 PM »
I have got into machine and it would seem the small board that has a battery on it is broken. I am looking online for a replacement. the large board on back of unit is unhooked as well so if someone has one of these machine could I get a couple pic of where the wires hook up?
my email is dagrams0608@aol.com
the board that is broken on mine is a P-2948-304 AS-2979-1

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 02:06:44 PM »
So this machine is not an EM but rather a later version electronic since it has circuit boards?

Offline wolftalk

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 02:15:17 PM »
yup ... here's a pic Rob sent me.  It's an E-1263, so we'll have to send him over to the younger folks on the reel games board who don't think chips are only something you eat with salsa.

E series games are here - Bally Reel Games (newlifegames.com)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 03:38:00 PM »
i have worked on eseries medalists before - but never seen one with credit play which this one seems to have.  The area he needs to check too is behind the top glass - there are credit play boards there too.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 267
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 04:16:30 PM »
Topic moved to Bally Reel Games
~moderator
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Dagrams0608

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 07:00:04 AM »
I am looking for a replacement Board part number P-2948-304
I live in Ontario Canada. Would also love to find some people in the area that are repairing machines as well. pool resources and help each other find parts or what have you.
I thank everyone that has already helped and a thank you in advance for all those who will.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal