New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: powerboard/transformer problem model e-2407  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Peter321

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Peter321 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
powerboard/transformer problem model e-2407
« on: May 31, 2021, 01:44:43 PM »
Hi there,I have already posts several mails on the struggle with my bally "Big Winner", model E2407-2, and got very good feed-back.most posts are in the requests PSR board, so may this board is a better choice.uptill now:
summary: 1)display code 50000, also after coin insertion, test and reset switches work, after coin the handle can be pulled and machine goes on tilt2) reel 2 and 3 stopped at the same time, advice received to clean latches, cleaned and now latches moving freely on axe3) opening door caused 16 core  flatcableconector to become loose from mpu board, type as-2978-22, and one pin broke; flatcable from display to mpu board, no seperate I/O board or ram board, display out
4) made new cable and checked wiring when attached to mpu board and display board with ohm meter; all ok and same configuration as old cable5)display still not working and also test and reset switch not working
6)checked tranformer: E-122-151; input 220 volt ( I am in Holland); output secundair: 10.7V, 5.7V, 11.3V, 8.5V7) checked powerboard, as-2982-5; before display went out the checkpoints gave 5V, 8.3V and 13.3V ; now 0V, 8.0V and 11,6V,  fuses are ok with ohm meter
powerboard looks ok, no burnings
what next?????
is transformer giving correct output?
is powerboard defect and if so which component?  ( as good as I could I tried to check components and they seem to be ok)
your input is very much appreciated,thanks

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: powerboard/transformer problem model e-2407
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 01:55:19 PM »
According to your number 7) comment - you lost the 5V.  I am not familiar with this machine or powerboard. You either blew a fuse, and have not found it, or you took out what ever generates the 5VDC. You will need to get the 5VDC working to get the machine doing much of anything I would believe.

I don't think you have a transformer problem, the voltages look OK to me if they are AC voltage readings?

Tony

EDIT - I looked at the Bally E series manual and determined this much.
The 50000 code displayed is actually good, it means = Remains until some action is taken such as closing door and playing machine, pressing TEST button, pressing RESET button, etc.
The power board - 5VDC  is supplied from a voltage regulator Q1. I will suggest that is blown and will need to be replaced. This probably explains why the test and reset switches don't work. It seems strange to me if the 5VDC is not working the displays should not be working. I have actually seen and did a little bit of work on one of these before, just didn't have to get into anything major except replace the connector on the power board. That's about all my experience with this type of machine.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 02:16:45 PM by Trisail »
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Peter321

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 09:55:42 PM »
Hi Tony,
Thanks for fast reply,
Problem with the 50000 code is that it stays there after taken action like inserting coin, will be somehow connected with door open system I think, but was not able to solve yet.

The female orange 20 pin connector is rectagular with wires

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 05:22:45 AM »
Did you get the 5VDC working?

You need all 3 of those voltages you measured on the power board in your previous post...

Tony

Hi there,I have already posts several mails on the struggle with my bally "Big Winner", model E2407-2, and got very good feed-back.most posts are in the requests PSR board, so may this board is a better choice.uptill now:
summary:
1)display code 50000, also after coin insertion, test and reset switches work, after coin the handle can be pulled and machine goes on tilt
OK history of previous work

2) reel 2 and 3 stopped at the same time, advice received to clean latches, cleaned and now latches moving freely on axe

3) opening door caused 16 core  flatcableconector to become loose from mpu board, type as-2978-22, and one pin broke; flatcable from display to mpu board, no seperate I/O board or ram board, display out

4) made new cable and checked wiring when attached to mpu board and display board with ohm meter; all ok and same configuration as old cable

5)display still not working and also test and reset switch not working
Probably need the 5VDC working?

6)checked tranformer: E-122-151; input 220 volt ( I am in Holland); output secundair: 10.7V, 5.7V, 11.3V, 8.5V7) checked powerboard, as-2982-5; before display went out the checkpoints gave 5V, 8.3V and 13.3V ; now 0V, 8.0V and 11,6V,  fuses are ok with ohm meter
powerboard looks ok, no burnings
5VDC is now 0VDC, not good. You need to fix this

what next?????
is transformer giving correct output?
I believe it is - The voltages look good for AC measurements on the transformer

is powerboard defect and if so which component?  ( as good as I could I tried to check components and they seem to be ok)
I think it is defective - Q1 is the device that supplies 5VDC to the machine, possibly bad now?

your input is very much appreciated,thanks
Your welcome
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 08:46:24 AM »
Hi Tony,
Thanks for fast reply,
Problem with the 50000 code is that it stays there after taken action like inserting coin, will be somehow connected with door open system I think, but was not able to solve yet.

The female orange 20 pin connector is rectagular with wires

The door switch on the lower left side needs adjusting or the wires on the switch could be moved to the wrong contact connection.

Offline Peter321

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 12:31:46 PM »
Hi Tony,
Q1 is indeed dead and I have ordered replacement, so waiting now for the postman to arrive;
Hopefully this solves the problems.

Hi Sunrise Side,
There are two contacts; there is a key switch under the handle which I checked and seems to be ok with respect to open/ close contact.
Second switch is the doorlockswitch, which als works. I was not able to check the wire connection. Will look into thar when machine is working again,
Thanks for advice

Offline Peter321

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 11:09:54 AM »
An update; replaced faulty lm340t-5; measuring pins on powerboard gives now 5, 8, and 11.6 volt, so 5 volt is now back, but display and test/reset switch are still not working.
Unfortunately I do not have wiring scheme of mpu and hopperboard.
Are there any obvious components to give special attention? Preferably with mpu board on bench as it is mounted to the backcabinet and difficult to reach

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 11:57:35 AM »
For the 5000 code does not go away with door closed , there is a switch mounted behind the lower door hinge

Offline Peter321

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2021, 12:42:22 PM »
In my model there has never been a switch mounted behind the lower hinge

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2021, 04:13:52 PM »
Your display meter is showing 50000 not 50.000?  if you have the 50000 only - check your ribbon cable from mpu to IO board or the meter ribbon to the mpu

Offline Peter321

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2021, 10:23:24 PM »
I was not clear, sorry The code is 50.000
For now display and reset/test switches are  not working, start-up, only give tubes light, nothing else, also no sounds like relay. Powerboard test clips show correct values.
Trying to understand faulty beheviour
Any suggestions welcome

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 07:02:05 AM »

Offline Peter321

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2021, 07:43:05 AM »
Thanks Ramegoom,

It is certainly a start and hopefully there are similarities with my boards,
Thanks again

Offline Peter321

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2021, 10:31:21 AM »
in the meantime I had a lot of help from members, especially Trisail; problem seemt to be cpu which is constant in reset mode; eprom tested and are ok; new 2650 ordered and we wil see if problem is solved
Thanks to Ruud in netherlands I have got pictures of schematics and as the 2407-2 is rather unique I will add pictures of schematics 

Offline Peter321

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2021, 10:34:26 AM »
more pictures

Offline Peter321

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2021, 10:35:52 AM »
last two pictures

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2021, 11:57:04 AM »
Eliminate the door cam switch. Cut the two wires off of it and wire nut them together.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2021, 05:57:47 PM »
Did anyone else notice that there is a blue wire pinched under the lower hinge switch? I see the one ends unplugged, but I can
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2021, 06:23:37 PM »
It doesn't look connected. The bottom wire of the switch should Ohm out to J2 pin 3 of the I/O board.

I wonder if the blue wire goes there instead?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Peter321

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2021, 03:42:47 AM »
My machine does not have  doorhinge contact, so also no blue wire

On my doorcam switch, which is nc, there are two grey wires at one contact and one white with blue marks.
Directly contacting the two grey wires with the white one does not help.
With power on only general illumination and nothing else, test and reset ared dead and no sound of coils, power board voltage testclips give good values

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal