New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Money Honey 742A-1G  (Read 16998 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Money Honey 742A-1G
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2016, 09:23:32 AM »
Another low tech test. Play the machine mechanically by holding the handle release stop back.
Then pull the handle, sometimes this resets the machine if for some reason it didn't complete the previous cycle. I do this on my own machines, but use your own judgement on your machine as the machine is in a state of limbo.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Bally Bill New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2016, 11:52:01 AM »
yes I cycled the reels and have full contact on the B switch (closed) as it travels along the ramp but still no power to the coin lockout, seems like the hopper is the problem because the winner paid light tends to go dim and then come back. I read Old Reno's post on the coin lockout and maybe it could be coin relay switch is staying open? I have my VOM set to ohms but I dont see any reading when I put the negative lead to the case and the positive lead to the lockout coil wires behind the coin mechanism. I checked all the Beua plug connection wires on hopper and they seem to be OK...was working great for 2 days so I must be over looking something simple

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2016, 01:40:45 PM »
I probably would not check any circuit to the case.   Until reading O'Renos "checking for shorts".  Recheck fuses.

There are 5 switches I would check are closed when cycle is over, since this is a single coin slot.  To energize coin lockout coil. 

Coin relay swt 31 / 25 wires.
Dashpot swt 25 /57 wires.
Payout relay swt 57 / 60 wires, hopper.
C1 swt 60 / 91 wires.
"A" swt 91 / 74 wires.

Jim
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 04:07:49 PM by jimliner »

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2016, 11:13:03 PM »
ok let me back track to the Old Reno blogs and confirm the 5 switches are cycled closed- Thank you Jim

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2016, 10:23:32 AM »
Please remember these are all separate circuits here.  The coin lockout coil is separate from the hopper reset circuit. They are independent. For example, the winner paid lite is a 6v line and it is turned off when the 50v hopper reset coil physically moves a pawl that patches open the winner paid lite circuit. They are only related physically not electrically. Your hopper reset only goes through the 'B' switch and the hopper zero switch. You have multiple problems. Fix one first then go to the next.
Your winner paid lite dimming indicates something is momentarily shorting to case probably Or that your hopper reset coil is fried.  Also lights can dim momentarily if your large spring attached to the clock variator touches to the stack of C switches when reels are indexing. Push back on your variator and look in to see if the spring is touching any switches.   The coin lockout coil not working is probably a different problem.
Keep at it and keep us posted.
You can try jumpering your hopper reset coil to verify it works.
Good job so far!
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2016, 06:53:33 PM »

Bill,

Prior to the machine malfunction did you have a component out for cleaning?

Regarding the dimming bulbs. The sockets in these machines over time get a little corroded.
Causing the lights to be dim and or flicker on and off.

To achieve a better connection add a thin puddle of solder to the side of the brass casing.
Also solder can be added to the the bottom foot contact.
Solder is easily filed if the fit becomes to tight.

Did this awhile back on the dimmer bulbs in a machine and it improved the brightness to 100%

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2016, 08:05:00 PM »
Also it helps to briskly rub the base of your bulb on your Levi's   

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2016, 01:06:29 PM »
Ok I started over and checked the 5 switches AND the fuses again per Jims reply and found that the 3amp/50 volt was shot. I replaced the fuse and the machine is taking coins but the payouts are off by 1 and the winner light goes off then back on right after the 3rd reel kicks in?...going to start over and recheck the payout board reset relay and Zero switch. Light bulb is trying to light up so maybe this needs to get some solder to correct....sorry for the late reply's had to stay late and get the CAF warbirds ready for Reno Air races next week. Thanks for all the help so far guys!!

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2016, 01:30:20 PM »
Good job so far.  You might want to adjust your 'B' switch so that it stays closed a little bit longer. This will ensure that the hopper reset solenoid has enough time to fully fire and latch out the linkage. That should allow your winner paid light to turn off.
Ps please tell those guys not to buzz our house during the races...?

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2016, 01:41:51 PM »
Good work.

Early post you said that you checked both sides of the lock out coil to the case.  That is a direct short if live and will pop fuse if its not blown already. 

Keep at it. 

Jim

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2016, 02:03:26 PM »
thanks for the support! I adjust the scrambler arm to it longest length and and hold the fan and watch the travel on the ramp? after I adjust the B switch do I have to reset the zero switch also? CAF is flying in 4 warbirds for static display only-no racing..who doesn't like the sound of a 2000 HP Pratt & Whitney R-2800 two-row radial engine? better than the Blue Angel jets this year!

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2016, 02:12:45 PM »
Favorite has always been the Corsair.   Finally got to see and hear one up close, outside Chicago a couple years ago.   We were close ( 50 ft. ) by as it taxi'd and throttle up to take off.  Wow.  Lots of power. 

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2016, 02:15:30 PM »
By the way, that is one clean machine. 

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2016, 03:05:24 PM »
Working on hopper now and it seems to step correctly and returns without any shutter. Reset Zero Switch AND added this cut piece of plastic tubing to keep the contact closed (Old Reno posted Zero Switch can stay closed all the time) Payouts are correct now and I hope it sticks, Payout lite is still on but I can see why this happens by watching the B-Switch during the play cycle. Fixed the 2 bulbs-1 with solder and the other with my Levis pants! ok now to get that B switch to work...Jim my favorite Warbirds  are the Grumman Hellcat, Bearcat and the P51 Mustang...Corsair is a large warbird up close and they have raced them at Reno and won in the past!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2016, 03:31:48 PM »
Around town transportation.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2016, 03:38:15 PM »
I thought I saw your ride at the airshow...

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2016, 04:10:16 PM »
I adjusted the B switch link and stud assembly via the Ratchet to the shortest and longest throw with no success BUT as I play more the winner light goes off and stays off until the next win and then stays on for about 10-15 pulls and the light goes out again...sticky contact on B switch or payout relay?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2016, 04:24:01 PM »
Contacts may need to be cleaned or adjusted. Have a couple of machines that take about 15 minutes to warm up. Coin accepted light won't light and win meter doesn't reset, but after playing for awhile things start to work properly. Working on the 785 it wouldn't pay every time. Just gave the reels a little movement and hopper would start running.  Indicating wipers need to be cleaned.

Bill you might of seen me riding to Venture on the back roads past the Airport.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2016, 04:32:00 PM »
Yes I have cleaned all the contacts on all the switches via Plain printer paper and solvent, used this item to clean the wiper and payout boards...let me keep on playing and see what happens...Come to the CAF museum next time your on those back roads around the airport and I will give you a warbird tour!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 04:50:24 PM by Bally Bill »

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2016, 04:43:44 PM »
Two switches on hopper for 742 for winner paid lite.  Clean both and check for continuity across switches.  Pawl switch, 30 / 91 wires and payout relay switch with 91 / 48 wires.  Thats all for winner paid lite circuit. 

I am thinking 48 wire leaves hopper through beau plug so clean its male beau plug.  To find connect one lead from meter to 48 wire at payout relay switch and check each male plug on hopper. 

Unplug while checking.

Jim

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal