New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: More 5 Reel Issues  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Haywired New User barely matters.Haywired New User barely matters.
  • NLG
More 5 Reel Issues
« on: October 20, 2014, 08:28:48 PM »
I don't mean to start another thread about noisy static in a machine ...but ...ever since I've had this 5 reel there has been a loud presence of static from the machine ...Not coming from the speakers but seems to be right behind the reels...I've been going through possibilities changed MM2 board , tried another amp board, changed out base and game chips. Started to take out reels and reset, but when I took all reels out there was no static. I understand there is going to be some noise for power to the reels... Just seems to be more than normal. When I open the door it sounds like a radio station that's not tuned in ....maybe its just me and it is what it is .....Has anyone else had the same issue. :-\

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: More 5 Reel Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 08:42:24 PM »
So the noise is coming from the reels simply being plugged in? Does removing any 1 reel eliminate the noise? Come to think of it, if your handle solenoid was bad the reels could act like speaker coins and amplify it. You might try unplugging the handle solenoid

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 09:08:40 PM »
Just removing 1 reel reduces the static but not by much ...Take all 5 out noise goes away ....also I already had the handle solenoid disconnected to see if that worked ...and no change ....could the back lite control board be a possibility ?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 03:47:42 AM »
Give it a try, just unplug the power to it, I can't think of anything else it might be. Could be just about anything, weird...

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 06:04:25 AM »
I unplugged the power to the controller board but no change .....I have another machine that has a 502 board in it and it doesnt have any static issues ....this machine in question has a 1270 enhanced...Im starting to think its the board ....but i could be wrong

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 07:08:21 AM »
I would try a different power supply.

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 09:12:08 AM »
Tried that also ,swapped it out with the one in the other machine .....no difference ..I was going to change reel harness and BL Board to see if that made any difference

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 09:21:29 AM »
Solenoid on the coin comparator maybe?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 09:39:17 AM »
Wait, a light bulb (albeit very, very dim) just came on in my noggin!  :idea_2: :idea_2: :idea_2: :idea_2:

We've seen this before, and it was........a BAD REEL! Do you have any to swap in? (We've also had it happen with a bad Bill Validator, but not as intense as what you describe.) I'm sure there is some electrical explanation, probably to do with a bad motor if I had to guess.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 10:25:25 AM »
I have another set of reels from a working machine I will try tonight.. one at a time to see if it works, will do first before changing the harness and board ...now that I think of it every time on start up I always have a reel tilt on #2... maybe thats the culprit, I remember though  I read a post one time saying the 5 reel machines are prone to reel tilts ...I think it was with the enhanced boards also .....I will check it out 

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 01:55:04 PM »
I changed all the reels with another set and no change.....Here are some videos to support my issue
First video all reels are disconnected ...started with # 5 you can here the static or frequency (not sure thats the correct word) getting louder also when I move the reel you can also hear it change ..sorry I was a little rough getting # 5 disconnected....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RT87GF9UQA
Second video connecting all reeels ..I am not an electrical person ...but it sounds to me like all the reels have some sort of a heavy power load to them .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jscc-g1-qrs

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 02:59:54 PM »
Try changing the MPU

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 03:18:54 PM »
Thats what i was afraid of ....I dont have a spare enhanced board ...but I do have a spare 504B board so I will have to post a WTB for a Backplane to go with it.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 03:41:36 PM »
First things first.  DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN.  Never plug and un-plug things in a slot machine with power applied.  You are going to fry a lot of things.  You got lucky nothing has happened, but don't take anymore chances.  Most components on a slot are not designed to be hot-plug, so you will get all kinds of bad things happening if you do.

I'm with cowboygames, trying a different mpu is the next step.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 05:21:31 PM »
Advice taken .......had to show with a video what was going on ....I have unplugged and plugged in reels many times with reel tilt errors with no problems ....but you are right why take any chances

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 05:38:13 PM »
Yes, I would take this advice.  only certain items, Mostly newer sheet can be "hot-swaped".---- :burningresistor: :burningresistor: .

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal