New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1071-3 Troubleshooting  (Read 30487 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 1071-3 Troubleshooting
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2016, 01:55:16 PM »
Set up a 100 payout on the reels. The reel payout wipers will be covering the contacts. This should give you continuity from the 100 solder lug all the way to the reel wiper boards. Continuity should run across all the boards and exit on the 90 wire (solid gray). Actually the power comes from the 90 wire and makes it way to the payout step unit. I've looked at two schematics and the 100 wire is marked 81 ( black red). 

Offline nauseous

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • nauseous New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2016, 02:54:12 PM »
Thanks David. Thats most helpful.

Is a schematic with wire colours available anywhere on the net?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2016, 04:36:57 PM »
I've attached a schematic for a 809 machine. Its not exactly what you need, but it will help with the wire colors, switches and coils. Hope it comes alone with this message.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2016, 06:49:07 PM »
Probably it comes from the #1 reel board, direct to hopper.  You may want to look at cabinet hopper plug to see if wires match to hopper or not.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2016, 04:46:16 AM »
OK that's enough for tonight. Will come back to this tomorrow. Starting to understand whats going on here.
Payout disks and how they work are a bit of a mystery still.

Also I have my own numbering and ID scheme going on here so will need to post photos to correlate. Tomorrow..

And thanks for the schematics, between those and the repair manual it's sure making things easier..

REEL MECH:

Left Cinch:                    Right Cinch:
  |  |  |  |  |  |                                |  |  |  |  |  |
  |  x  |  |  x  |                                |  x  |  |  x  |
  -  -  -  -  -  -                                -  -  -  -  -  -

1  4  7 10 13 16                                1  4  7 10 13 16
  2  5  8 11 14 17                                2  5  8 11 14 17
  3  6  9 12 15 18                                3  6  9 12 15 18

Left:
1 - NC
2 - NC
3 - NC
4 - Switch E, Term H
5 - Pay Disk C, Term 2
6 - NC
7 - Switch D, Terminal E
8 - Coin Meter Wire
9 - Switch A, Term B
10 - Coin Accepted Light
11 - Pay Disk A, Term 11
12 - Coin Meter Wire
13 - Pay Disk A, Term 5
14 - Switch D, Terminal D
15 - Switch D, Terminal I   ->  Door Coin Mech Lockout (Top Wire)
16 - Pay Disk A, Term 30
17 - Pay Disk B, Term 2
18 - Switch D, Terminal A   ->  Upper Coin Switch NO (Middle Wire)

Right:
1 - NC
2 - NC
3 - NC
4 - Switch C, Term C
5 - Switch C, Term A
6 - NC
7 - Handle Relay Switch (Confirm)   -> Switch B Terminal A -> Switch B Terminal B -> Switch D Terminal C
8 - Orange Pwr Wire
9 - Switch C, Term B
10 - Switch B, Term C
11 - Switch B, Terminal F -> Switch B Terminal E -> Switch D, Terminal F
12 - Switch E, Term E
13 - Switch D, Terminal H   ->  Yellow Wire ??Suspect Power??
14 - NC
15 - Pay Disk, Term 8
16 - Pay Disk A & B, Term 3
17 - Switch D, Terminal G   ->  Insert Coin Light
18 - Switch E, Term B

**Switch D Terminal B -> Coin Relay Coil

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2016, 11:52:24 AM »
Nice tracing, good work.
The payout disc is like a rotary switch.  The center of the board is the (F)eed wire, which is in constant contact with your wiper fingers all the time -- it is a circle of contact.
The other fingers contact to the different pay segments, which are 'powered' or turned on by the correct signal from the reel mech wiper boards when a winning sequence happens.
Once the payout relay turns on and the machine starts to pay, it will continue to pay as long as the wiper fingers are hitting on a hot pay segment.
As soon as they step off the hot segment, e.g. 10 pay for oranges, then the feed wire loses its power, and the pay is over.
Does that help?
Good to see you tracking down those wires.  That's how I learned.
 Note, the bottom of your large schematic shows the pin outs of your Beau plugs...write down the color code number to color translation, you may find it helps if you don't have it memorized when changing wire numbers to wire colors.  I use them so often I automatically change number to color in my head, and forget other people don't do that.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2016, 02:04:19 PM »
Great job tracing and identifying the wiring.
Please remind me of the objective you are trying to achieve.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2016, 11:53:11 PM »
Hi David,
The overall aim is to get it running.
Am wanting to confirm that the hopper is wired correctly. At the moment I'm not sure if the reel harness matches up with the hopper; it certainly doesn't appear too.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2016, 01:38:20 AM »
Let me try explain more. Maybe someone can point me in the correct direction here...

Photo 1: This was the cinch plug i removed from the unit. You can see all terminals have wires connected. You can also see where that orange/black wire with molex connector originally went. So orange/black wire is now terminated to pin 20 and not to the molex connector.

So now to the machine side of the harness.
Photo 3 and 4: Shows pin 20 and 5 have nothing connected on machine side. As well as two other pins. So in total I have 4 wires missing in the harness and one (orange/black) is clearly required.

I was hoping to troubleshoot this without asking a bunch of questions, but at this point maybe someone can give me a push. Otherwise I will continue tracing out the harness/connectors.

Thanks again everyone. I couldn't have got this far without the help so far.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2016, 01:42:37 AM »
Scrap the above... Always make sure you look things over carefully and don't just assume. It just bit me.

How do I move forward now. The hopper is 24 pins while the machine is 30...
Can i bring the hopper up to 30 pin, it has a machined plate screwed over top 1/4 of hole for cinch plug (to allow for 30 pin I assume)..
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 02:14:10 AM by nauseous »

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2016, 05:21:20 PM »
If you remove one of the 2 guide pins, then your plugs should be able to seat and then you can wire accordingly.
Make sure you get the right one, I think it would be the top pin, as the bottom should be standard to all machines.
REmove the guide pin on the right as per your photo.
Or you can get the right plug, me, however, I wouldn't wait probably.
Some where there is a 24 pin hopper missing its machine.
Make very sure your 24 pinner has enough spots for all the wiring before you do anything.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2016, 05:24:19 PM »
I am going to go up to the shop drink some beer build a 30-pin Hopper just to see if that'll work

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2016, 06:29:18 PM »
All 24 wires are populated. Unfortunately if i remove pin as suggested i will be 1 wire short. Would like to keep wires in harness and not break one out.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2016, 08:47:58 PM »
Couple of photos of the beau plugs on a 1090 reel mechanism, year 1975.
Not real clear, but may help you.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2016, 12:44:45 AM »
Thanks guys for the help. I will have to put this one on hold again till parts arrive. Arghh.
As eager as I am to see it going again happy to wait for the correct part and sort it out once and for all.

Gives me time to invest in other projects while i wait for parts, that is an upside.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2016, 08:44:43 PM »
Okay, have six photos of the beau plugs from two more reel mechanisms. Not sure of the model numbers, but they are the wide reel type. Let me know if you need me to trace a wire on my machine to compare while your waiting for parts. Only thing is, it might take awhile to get to it.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2016, 05:00:39 PM »
Making any progress on your machine?

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2016, 12:49:46 AM »
Just waiting on parts to arrive from Jon. Hopefully this week with luck.
Hasn't been all bad, have had a chance to finish some other projects but yeah time to get this one done.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2016, 05:18:02 AM »
Parts arrived this week. Put a bit of time into it tonight.
Fixed the 18 pin beau plug on the reel mech. I got really lucky with this fix. Had to drill and recess circlips in but has worked a treat.

Will install the new 30pin on the hopper next; will follow jon's advice and wire colour for colour on the harness.
Back soon with more...

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2016, 12:16:51 AM »
OK got the 30 pin connected.

Onto a problem on the reel now. I'm not sure if the lever is meant to be in front or behind in this case.
2 are behind and this one is in front... I'm sure it's a problem but was hoping someone could confirm. (Disregard arm being in wrong position beside, i removed the circlip/pin)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal