New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help Rookie with "NO SIGNAL INPUT" in IGT Game King  (Read 12204 times)

Offline Jengineer717

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jengineer717 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help Rookie with "NO SIGNAL INPUT" in IGT Game King
« on: July 30, 2016, 03:55:57 PM »
 :Scratch-Head:

I hope someone can help - we have an IGT Game King that gives a 3 second message in rather small font on the monitor of "NO SIGNAL INPUT" upon power up.  All during this and after this happens, the 5 Yellow + 1 Red Light on the CPU as well as the Fl Bulb in the Front Panel blink about 3 times per second continuously.

I have pulled the monitor chassis and cleaned its contacts.  I have also replaced the 3902 CPU with no luck.

My gut feeling is that something is 'loose' BC in the past, we would occassionally get a 'Call Attendant' Message that power cycling would clear.  Something else that would happen is that every now and again, the sound output would be 'deadened' and using changing to and playing Black Rhino that would rumble the machine would somehow shake things back to normal sound.

Any ideas?

:Scratch-Head:

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Help Rookie with "NO SIGNAL INPUT" in IGT Game King
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 05:01:23 PM »
Sounds like something is dragging the power supply voltage down to where it shuts itself down or a bad power supply.  If your machine has 24VDC electronic florescent bulb ballasts try unplugging them and see if that makes any difference.  You can also try pulling out the bill validator and see if that helps. 

Offline Jengineer717

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 06:12:37 PM »
Thanks for the input Tilt - and I hate to claim ignorance, but I am...but where are the ballasts on this machine (they aren't as visible as the ones on my Bally 6000)?   Also - again with the ignorance claim...is the bill 'validator' the mechanism that eats the Ben Franklins like they are what's for dinner?  And if YES, how do I pull it out??? :waving_flag:

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 06:26:33 PM »
There's a few different models of Game Kings and the answer depends on which one you have.  If can open the main door and post a picture of the inside of the cabinet and door it will help us to answer your questions.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 07:48:37 PM »
FWIW, "No Signal Input" is the monitor's way of telling you that it's not getting a video signal.  That message is not coming from the Game King MPU/CPU, it's being generated by the monitor.  You'd get a similar message on a desktop computer if you unplugged the VGA cable (or whatever type of monitor cable you use) between your PC and your monitor, and then turned on the monitor.

If it was previously working, I'd for sure check the cable that run between the monitor and the machine to make sure it is connected properly and isn't damaged.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jengineer717

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 08:26:52 AM »
I've attached a picture of the open cabinet and the inside of the door - if more detail is needed, please let me know.  Thx for the Help! :applause:

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 10:03:56 AM »
That's good.  You have a GK/Igame+ cabinet.   Some of the earlier models didn't have electronic ballasts and used different bill validators.  You will have an electronic ballast behind the belly glass door and one in the top box too.  There's a knob on the right side of the door that you pull out to open the belly glass door.  Use one hand to support the door and the other to pull the knob so it doesn't fall down.  Then disconnect the DC wires from the ballast.  It's the connector with the orange, black with orange tracer, and green wire in it.  Power up the machine with it disconnected and see if the power remains on.  If not, hook it back up and do the same with the upper ballast.  To remove that you have to remove the player tracking panel cover, slide the ticket printer out a bit, then carefully lift up on the bottom of the glass until it clears the metal tabs on the bottom of the tracking panel frame.  then slowly let it down and remove the glass.

I've attached a photo of what the ballast looks like.  Mine is not connected as I'm using LED tubes, but you can see the DC connector and where it should plug into on the ballast.

Your bill validator will slide out.  Grab the metal handle at the bottom, and pull it towards you. 

See if disconnecting any of those allows it to power up or not.

Offline Jengineer717

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 03:18:58 PM »
I unplugged the 25VDC Input wire plug to the electronic ballast for the front panel and then turned the switch on:

This time, in addition to the brief 'No Signal Input' displayed on the monitor and the CPU's blinking lights (front panel FL Tube not blinking for obvious reasons) - I could now hear a muffin fan start running and all but instantaneously there was a pop - knowing that this was NOT good, I unplugged the machine.  I then pulled the CPU tray and could see a wisp of smoke in the rear of the cabinet.

I took the attached picture and suspect that the muffin fan is not feeling very well.

Any thoughts? :EmoticonHelp4:

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 04:42:06 PM »
I ran into this a couple of times and it was the XLINK chip under the4 sound board that was loose, for some reason those chips have tendency to walk out of their socket.

Press the chip firmly back into it's socket and see if that helps.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 06:02:58 PM »
I unplugged the 25VDC Input wire plug to the electronic ballast for the front panel and then turned the switch on:

This time, in addition to the brief 'No Signal Input' displayed on the monitor and the CPU's blinking lights (front panel FL Tube not blinking for obvious reasons) - I could now hear a muffin fan start running and all but instantaneously there was a pop - knowing that this was NOT good, I unplugged the machine.  I then pulled the CPU tray and could see a wisp of smoke in the rear of the cabinet.

I took the attached picture and suspect that the muffin fan is not feeling very well.

Any thoughts? :EmoticonHelp4:

Well you may have found your problem.  No doubt that fan is unable to start with all the crud in it.  Try unplugging it from the motherboard (J12) and see what happens. 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 06:59:19 PM »
WE got one in where some idiot had put a 12VDC fan in the machine where the schematic calls for a 24VDC fan. Same kind of puff of smoke.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Jengineer717

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 09:27:11 AM »
Should i do this with OR without the CPU tray in place?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 01:26:23 PM »
With it in place.  If the power supply doesn't shutdown it should boot up.

Offline Jengineer717

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 03:03:29 PM »
OK Tilt - Mixed News...

Machine DID Power Up and go thru the boot up process and all looked fine as you can see from one pict -  :applause:

BUT - after selecting a game, you see in other pict that images are poor and incomplete...

Now - As I mentioned that I had replaced the 3902 Processor Board (and at that time I had a Key 40 Clear Chip installed plus my original game chips from my original CPU) - BUT, when the repl CPU did not fix my problem, I pulled the repl CPU back out and put my game chips back into my original CPU hoping to have avoided having to go thru a clear chip set up since I had no experience with that.

Wonder if that could be the issue?

Also - I'll guess that I'll have to replace this burnt muffin fan - any idea where I can get one?

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2016, 08:22:55 PM »
When you change your fan I suggest that you remove the complete bv housing. Pull the cash can out along with the bv and loosen screws and nuts to remove the housing. The 2 bolts holding the fan in have locktite on them. They can be a B**** :banghead: to get loose. Use a short Phillips that fits the head firmly to avoid stripping. It is very difficult to remove the fan with the bv housing in. Good luck!

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 08:32:54 PM »
OK good, making progress.  Pull and check your EPROMS to make sure that you didn't bend a pin when swapping them from one board to another.  I would look closely at the CG EPROMs as they're the most likely ones to cause the graphics problem you have yet still boot the game.   

Do you have everything else hooked up in your machine except for the fan now?

I've bought a couple of replacement fans from mouser.  They're not a lot of fun to replace, especially if it is the original one.  I think they put locktite or something on the threads.  I had to pull the whole cage out to get the fan screws out and that's no picnic.   Hopefully yours won't be as difficult.  Here's a link to the fan, it doesn't come with the connector that plugs into the motherboard, so you'll have to cut/splice your original one in.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bi-Sonic/BP402024H-W-G/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt9MS9kROxCw%252bTpnvveN1XsBkXwPz9pMZQ%3d

While you're in there clean all that other dust out too.

erbs sent a reply as I went to post this...removing the BV housing would make it easier.  I didn't do that, probably should have though.

Offline Jengineer717

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 08:08:12 PM »
Thanks ERB & Tilt...

Are the CG EPROMS the pair that is underneath the piggyback sound board?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 09:17:03 PM »
Yes.  CG1 and CG2.

Offline Jengineer717

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 03:58:38 PM »
I feel pretty stupid  :duh:

I had installed one of the CG Chips backwards - this despite me being as safe as I thought I could be (and now that I think about, I had that same thought 9 months before my some was born...)

YES - Everything is working now   :applause:   EXCEPT for the fan - I wonder if I really need that little fan...LoL

I am a bit worried though - as you can see from the picture, the chip that was installed backwards has a hole in it that I would have sworn was NOT there before (but, I also would have sworn that I had reinstalled it exactly as it came out too...)

Any special advice on pulling the BV?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 04:47:46 PM »
Don't feel bad, I still install them backwards sometimes too.  I've never had it hurt anything.  Just take the chip out and install it the correct way.  I don't think you let the smoke out :burningresistor: or it wouldn't be working. 

I wouldn't run the MPU for too long of time without the fan.  Between the tray and the shelf it's pretty much boxed in.  The fan provides some air circulation for cooling.  Without it that compartment may get too hot and cause something to overheat.

The BV just pulls out.  Grab the handle on the front and pull.  It will tilt down slightly and slide right out.  If you're asking about removing the cage to get at the fan, that's another story.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal