New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Re: Bally 831 JPO Payout problem  (Read 12438 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 831 JPO Payout problem
« on: April 26, 2014, 07:45:50 PM »
Well I put a piece of paper under the wiper board fingers and checked for a short.. I didn't find any thing :Scratch-Head:.. I took the two mounting screw loose that hold the wiper board in place and removed it.. I didn't find any shorted wire or bad solder connections? The only thing I've been able too find so far was that my payout relays contacts were not opening up very much. So I took it totally apart and straightened and adjusted the contacts and replaced the plastic piece that opens and closes the contacts.. It had two slots that were worn really bad (see pic).. After putting it back together, this has seemed to have helped.. I'm guessing that this relays was slow opening the contacts every once and a while.. That's relays contacts air gaps were almost non-existent and not opening the contacts.. Now it seems to be working as it should.. I'll play it again tomorrow to see if this problem comes back..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 02:37:52 PM »
Well this problem seems to be solved.. Fixing the payout relay on the hopper has stopped the over paying issue.. I did notice one other thing while bench testing this hopper. On some payouts, usually longer then 10 coins, I would be short on coins. I noticed that the nickels would get counted, but instead of being ejected out to the coin tray, they were popping back into the hopper bowl.. I made and installed a coin guard to fix this problem. It extends in front of the roller that counts the coin, down to the hoppers knife. It is rounded on the on end to clear the coin deflector movement.. So far no coin jams or any more shortages..

Thanks Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 05:13:09 PM »
Looks like a good fix. might have been fixed with a new knife or adjusted one. But I like the new idea of the shield ... great fix.
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 05:50:46 PM »
Nice job Amechanic, looks pretty clean.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 08:31:23 PM »
Looks like a good fix. might have been fixed with a new knife or adjusted one. But I like the new idea of the shield ... great fix.
Dave

The knife was checked and adjusted. Not that easy to just find a new one. This seemed to be the easiest and quickest fix. I've played it all day without any problems or coins jams on my new guard. So nice to constantly get 10 coins paid in jackpots again. That guard comes from years of being a Bowling Center Mechanic. Learning to fix the machines on the fly with what parts you had on hand in a pinch till you could get the right parts.
And remember...

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 08:39:03 PM »
OldReno would like this fix... where has he been? MIA?
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 09:10:52 PM »
OldReno would like this fix... where has he been? MIA?
Dave

He's here.. Changed his name. He posted just a few messages back.. He's now DonnerPartyofate..

Gary
And remember...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 09:21:24 PM »
Ok ... seen the posts ... like that....YUMMY .... toothpick anyone?
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 11:40:07 AM »
Hey, sorry, originally I read I could not log in to the new site with my old name, so I thought I'd use the name I use on the peak oil doomer boards.  (Soon it'll be DonnerPartyofSeven...your table is ready.)
Anyway, it's still me...and I'm still around.

I see that in your first pic (top of page) the switch actuator is made of plastic.  The reason I don't like plastic, and prefer the old fiber actuators is that they do not get hot and melt like the plastics do.  If you look at the pic, you can see that the lower right hand hole is starting to spread out.  This is from the heat generated during long payouts methinks, and folks should always check their payout relay stacks to see if the switches have gone out of adjustment due to them sticking to the melted plastic.  This can cause all sorts of problems from no pays to runaways.  Just one of those things you should get used to checking.

XOXOXO
DP8 (oldReno)
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 12:13:45 PM »
Hey, sorry, originally I read I could not log in to the new site with my old name, so I thought I'd use the name I use on the peak oil doomer boards.  (Soon it'll be DonnerPartyofSeven...your table is ready.)

I see that in your first pic (top of page) the switch actuator is made of plastic.  The reason I don't like plastic, and prefer the old fiber actuators is that they do not get hot and melt like the plastics do.  If you look at the pic, you can see that the lower right hand hole is starting to spread out.  This is from the heat generated during long payouts methinks, and folks should always check their payout relay stacks to see if the switches have gone out of adjustment due to them sticking to the melted plastic.  This can cause all sorts of problems from no pays to runaways.  Just one of those things you should get used to checking.

XOXOXO
DP8 (oldReno)
One of the first things I do is check the contacts on the switches when I get a new machine. These were working but with a min travel. It wasn't till the over pays started did I notice the worn actuator. I had a couple of fiber ones but none the correct size for this stack, but I did get lucky a find one in plastic. The machines been operating great since the repair and mod of the new coin guard..

Thanks Gary
And remember...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 05:03:40 PM »
Great thread and a I am glad that the fix was made.  I LOVE that invention.  I am glad that the EM forum still has some life left in it after the switch.

Ra

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »
ME  :applause:  TOO  :cool_thumb_up:
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline jim k-falls

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jim k-falls New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 04:53:38 PM »
Nicely done Gary, and you never got back to me with your address..did you score what you needed? also I have a bunch of new knifes and plenty of old fiber actuators..im sure that plastic one will run a good long time unless your machines really loose..
Better late than Pregnant

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 05:49:48 PM »
Nicely done Gary, and you never got back to me with your address..did you score what you needed? also I have a bunch of new knifes and plenty of old fiber actuators..im sure that plastic one will run a good long time unless your machines really loose..

I found 1 of the 30 female beau plugs, but ended up not having to change out the whole plug in my Metalist. I figured out how to swap out the badly bent female connector and get one back in straight. I found out that my source for plugs has dried up.
And remember...

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 05:56:12 PM »
Send me your address you stubborn bastard!  ill send you some goodies :banghead:

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 09:29:42 PM »
Send me your address you stubborn bastard!  ill send you some goodies :banghead:

PM Sent......
And remember...

Offline zinda

• Reputation Power: 3
  • zinda New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 07:27:31 PM »

XOXOXO
DP8 (oldReno)

I just replaced my JP Hopper switch assembly due to a broken blade on a switch and had a plastic controller assembly with all switches in place and an extra one that I found I needed to get my 783 working properly, Noticed the same melted hole on mine and also saw it allowed less movement with this type of assembly. I made sure to run wires to 2 sets of switches and considered a third set to keep the melting from happening. Also the movement is very limited on the plastic part,  I made sure to have all switches push up on the piastic to make sure it will allow for max movement. Then noticed that it will cause a problem moving downward to make good contacts when adjusted properly it will tend to not allow the uppers to fully break contact  before closing on the bottom leaf. I saw that the slot in the plastic piece was not large enough to allow the solenoid to completely draw the arm down to the magnet, restricting the movement of the switches.  I took it apart and I filed off the bottom of the plastic where it touches onto the metal bottom plate, there is a round headed rivet that it hits also.I just made the slot larger allowing it move fully downward giving enough room to make good strong contacts on all switches. This should reduce the possibility of resistance from poor contacts and keep those leafs from getting hot.. (My switch leafs where shorter on the Bakelite moved assembly so I couldn't just change out the broken leaf without modifying it to fit.) :Scratch-Head:

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 07:49:05 PM »

Love it... :24: :24: :24:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 12:01:04 AM »
I think the old style bakelites are better, but there sure are a lot more of the plastic ones around..one little trick I learned on these was to take a small needle file(flat) and dress the top of the coil and the the underside of the hold-down plate..just enough to make the plate sit flat on both of the ears of the coil..I take the spring off and check or change it too..weak springs will slow the contacts breaking, and that's what causes the burn marks and distorted plastic slits...a que-tip and some grease/Vaseline on the pivot points will quiet a buzzing coil sometimes.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 12:15:17 AM »

Love it... :24: :24: :24:

I resemble this remark and.  :agreepost:
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal