New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BillVal Comm Error  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Quicksilver

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Quicksilver New User has no influence.
  • NLG
BillVal Comm Error
« on: July 19, 2018, 12:12:51 AM »
I need some help. I have a BB2 slot machine.  I recently bought a new slot machine game for it.  I performed a "clear ram" to it and then afterwards uploaded the game to the slot machine. When I get to the "Configuration in Progress" part, I know that you have hit the diagnostic configuration test switch.  However when I do this task, nothing happens. (no beeps too) In the past, it has worked sometimes.  (not sure why it worked sometimes and why it wouldn't work sometimes)  I disconnected the wires to the tester and re inserted them; however, no luck.  On the bottom right of the screen, it does show a "ClosureSVB" message on it.  Not sure what that means or if it is related to the issue.  Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?   

Side note:  on the test switch, does it make any difference of where the two plugs plugin?
 :garfield:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:55:46 AM by Quicksilver »

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: Diagnostic Configuration Test Switch
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 12:46:13 AM »
Your main door needs to show as OPEM M. That’s why the button doesn’t work. On Bb2 there is a flat metal button just below the monitor on the right side. Make sure it’s not stuck. Let me know if that works.
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 09:05:08 AM »
What ^^^ said.  It's really an extension lever that actuates a button under the tray area behind the monitor.  It is probably pushed it at the moment, if you just pull on it, it should "snap" back out as it is spring loaded.  It gets dirty and oxidized and gets stuck over time. While you are at it, it would be a good idea to carefully clean it with some wd40 so it doesn't stick anymore.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Quicksilver

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 09:55:03 AM »
That worked!  Thank you.

2nd issue now.  Before, my bill validator worked without any issues.  However, whenever I installed the new game, I am receiving a BillVal Com Error.  Any tips?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: BillVal Comm Error
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 10:21:55 AM »
What validator type did you select during the setup?  I also don't see any leds glowing in your validator, there should be at least a blinking green light.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Quicksilver

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 11:04:14 PM »
JCM BillVal is the validator that I used during the set up (see pic).  The are three lights on the validator (green yellow and red).  The green one does blink every second or two.  Side note:  when I turn on the machine I can hear it work.   Also the bill validator is yellow on the top and looks like a Mei cashflow bill validator.   Originally this bill validator worked without any issues when I had my "Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers" loaded to it.   (see link below for a pic of it)

https://www.gamekingslots.com/mei-cashflow-6607-series-bill-validator-rs232.html

Final note:  there is no option for Mei when you select the validator.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:32:22 PM by Quicksilver »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 11:37:05 PM »
There should be an option for Mars then, it's the same thing.  JCM is not going to work.

Offline Quicksilver

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 01:52:00 AM »
Once again, I want to say thank you.  It worked!  :)   :odie:

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 02:21:19 AM »
Glad we were able to help! Have fun again on the machine!
-------
Charles

Offline rydiez

• Reputation Power: 8
  • rydiez New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 11:46:33 AM »
I am going to resurrect this thread.

I am having the exact same problem. I am receiving the Bilbval Com error on my BB2. I have read the boards and have done the following with no luck:

1) Checked the jumpers are set to 2/3, 1/2, 2/3
2) Reseated cash box
3) Cleaned and reseated bill head
4) Ram Clear and game install
5) Checked all connections
6) Set machine for MARS in set up.

Still I am receiving the error?

Any ideas? This machine had been working fine for years.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 04:44:39 PM »
Your interface board probably took a turn for the worse.  I would replace that with a known working one to see if it fixes it.

Offline rydiez

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 01:32:38 PM »
Thanks as always Rick. I just ordered the interface board. I know where it is located, but how do I access it to replace it? I need to pull out the whole unit, but don’t see what is holding it in place inside the machine.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 04:01:09 PM »
Remove the head and cash can, then just pull the board out, it is held in place by friction only from the back side edge connector.

Offline rydiez

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2019, 11:45:20 AM »
Rick,

I replaced the interface board. Unfortunately, the same results. Should I try replacing the head? Other suggestions? Also, if it means anything my ticket bezel on the left  is blinking. It too was giving me problems so I disabled it. It is still blinking if that has anything to do with the error.

Offline Chui

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chui New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2019, 05:38:36 PM »
Following....

Mine just did the same thing.   Was working and I decided to switch games ( probably like 7th time changing games) and now will not clear the billval comm error as well.       

Offline rydiez

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2019, 08:30:36 PM »
Unfortunately I was never able to solve this problem and my machine has been a brick ever since.. anybody?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2019, 08:51:02 PM »
Do you have access to a known working head, or somebody else's machine where you can test your bill head?  Do any of the lights on your validator light up?

Offline rydiez

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2019, 12:17:34 PM »
Sorry for the late response. I have one blinking green light. Machine is still throwing errors. Interface board has been replaced and the head cleaned.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/0CSAQ5h"><a href="//imgur.com/a/0CSAQ5h">[/url]<script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal