New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS 550 Bill Validator trouble  (Read 3521 times)

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
WMS 550 Bill Validator trouble
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:08:03 PM »
 have 6 williams 550 machines.  The bill acceptors will not take anything.  Now after trying several different wba bill acceptors with no success.  I finally went to the revision section on all of them and I noticed that all of the working ones say jcm wba and all of the non working ones say jcm 145/146. Is this my problem and can I fix this with a RAM CLEAR.
rob20_760

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: WMS 550 Bill Validator trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 11:16:32 PM »
« Reply #1 on: 13-05-2009, 07:04:42 »
Rob, if all the bill validators are JCM WBA units and the ones marked WBA in the revision are working then yes, a clear and choosing of JCM WBA in the bill validator setup should fix the problem. The 145/146 is a different type of JCM validator, they are DBV units. Hope this takes care of your problem.

Dan (tacman)
« Reply #7 on: 19-05-2009, 09:35:57 »
There are no BV settings period.
The % chip is just that and nothing more.
If the BV does not work its either the BV, the cable or the I/O board.
Slotmaster
 Â« Reply #8 on: 19-05-2009, 17:04:47 »
Dave, isn't there a BV setup along with the coin mech and game setups. I thought the choices were JCM WBA, JCM DBV and MEI Mars. Now that I have that other board in mine, its hard to remember the regular 550 setup. Or maybe that setup option isn't available because the machine doesn't think there is any BV due to a problem or not being connected properly?

Dan (tacman)
« Reply #9 on: 19-05-2009, 19:12:38 »
NXT yes, 1.5+ no
Looking at the first post the question was on the 1.5+
There is nothing to setup on the 1.5+ that I know of and even if the BV was removed during the clear it will still work.
Slotmaster
« Reply #11 on: 27-07-2009, 17:47:18 »
I had an issue with the 550 and BV. The problem was that the 550 requires a serial RS-232 board to piggy back on the side of the BV. Only one of my BV's had that board so it worked in both of my machines but the other BV's whether WBA or DBV did not until I got a comm board from Blueridge.  There are two locations for the comm board, either attached to the side of the BV or right behind the BV cage.

I don't know if this is your problem but if you have a BV that works no matter what machine you put it in then obviously the problem is with the other BVs not the 550s. Look for the pigtgy back board on the working BV then see if the other BVs have it or not. Also, your BVs not working may not have the WMS firmware loaded. If they are the type with the removable Eprom move the eprom from working to non working and see if a non working works with the firmware from the current working BV.

Good Luck.
billythekid

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal