New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: sigma jokers wild need monitor help fixing it  (Read 2861 times)

Offline trashman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • trashman New User barely matters.trashman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
sigma jokers wild need monitor help fixing it
« on: June 24, 2018, 03:29:44 AM »
i looked at monitor its a nanao kb240331d monitor. what caps need to be replaced to fix vertical collapse  thanks 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 06:12:20 AM by trashman »

Offline gamesmedic

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • gamesmedic New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Gamesmedic.com
Re: sigma jokers wild need monitor help fixing it
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 07:42:03 AM »
i looked at monitor its a nanao kb240331d monitor. what caps need to be replaced to fix vertical collapse  thanks

A vertical collapse is usually a vertical deflection IC. However, before going that far, you should check the vertical yoke for continuity using an Ohm meter. Depending upon the model, it should measure out about 4 - 20 ohms. A zero Ohm reading means a dead short, no continuity means an open circuit.
Check the end connector for discoloration/burn marks. Check the solder pads under the board for bad solder joints for the matching header pins.

But based upon my experience, it is usually the IC that goes bad. Find the IC number and do a cross reference search with NTE. www.nteinc.com
And if you can, stick with NTE because of their solid reputation for rugged replacement electronics. They are more expensive but worth it when you consider having to make multiple service calls to the same place for the same problem.

Some monitor schematics may be found here: http://slot-tech.com/amusements/

However if you just want capacitors, here is a quick link from a google search.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjU65ObwOzbAhVPwlkKHdcNC-IQjhx6BAgBEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.arcadepartsandrepair.com%2Fstore%2Fmonitors%2Fmonitor-cap-kits%2Fsega-nanao-mc-2030-s-200-5044-kb240331d-kaga-kz-20es-kz20en-monitor-cap-kit-105c-nichicon%2F&psig=AOvVaw3l4kwYnBvWc-xtwWmlc8sG&ust=1529936581600379

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 09:13:54 AM »
thank you.dog gone i ordered a cap kit and it might just be a chip. ok i check things and post my progress

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 01:03:58 PM »
heres pictures

Offline gamesmedic

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • gamesmedic New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Gamesmedic.com
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 09:02:16 PM »
OK, I just spent an hour digging up the dirt on this.
Apparantly it appears to be a Nanao MC-2000-S. If it isn't let me know.
Manual is located at https://www.mikesarcade.com/arcade/monitors.html
You can download it yerself if you'd like.

This is one of the older models, so before you replace the IC, pull Q402 out of circuit and check it with a multi-meter on the diode checking setting. Or a transistor checker if you have one. A blown transistor will cause the collapse. This appear to be the vertical drive transistor, and it cross checks with the numbers given on the parts list.
Chances are (nevermind what I said before, I was thinking Nanotech... When I should have been thinking Nanao) that is your bad component. Let me know.

Gamesmedic

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 12:47:56 AM »
i will soon thank you

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 09:53:27 AM »
hi is this the one you are talking about its q 401 i circled it in red  ,i had a guy test it in the board and he said it was good,but i cap and put all back together and still have line in middle.now i pullled it all apart and and when i shorted the tube i didnt really get a big crack or spark.i guess i replace this if you think it will fix it thanks bob
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 01:08:50 AM by trashman »

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 09:37:45 AM »
Did this get resolved? I'm curious.  :Scratch-Head:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 10:31:55 AM »
i ordered the part from china.a lady came to buy some slot machines and ask what i was doing with it.need less to say she wanted it so i sold it to her .she  was going to install a little tv in it and put it in the middle of her slot machine collection.so need less to say i never got to fix the game and pat my self on the back for a job well done.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 09:28:50 AM »
i ordered the part from china.a lady came to buy some slot machines and ask what i was doing with it.need less to say she wanted it so i sold it to her .she  was going to install a little tv in it and put it in the middle of her slot machine collection.so need less to say i never got to fix the game and pat my self on the back for a job well done.

:24:
Well that's an interesting use of an old Sigma! Too bad she didn't send you a shot of the "finished product."
I'm on a telephone forum and we have a section where people post pictures of the HORRENDOUS things people do to old rotary phones... stickers, glued-on beads, FUR, all sorts of shit they do thinking they're turning it into some work of art.
Some of those photos make me gag!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 09:33:25 AM »
thats to funny well one good thing there repuresd and not in the dump.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 09:48:10 AM »
Most of the guys there would probably say they'd rather see it in the dump!  :24:

Here's a link to 47 pages of hideous phones. (My other hobby is antique desk phones and three-slot payphones)

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1351.690

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2019, 11:17:20 AM »
cool thank you

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal