New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT I Plus Game Questions  (Read 1551 times)

Offline sideslope

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • sideslope New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT I Plus Game Questions
« on: October 19, 2018, 02:43:57 PM »
Hi all,

I just picked up an IGT Alien slot machine for my home arcade. It's fully working but like everything I buy, I'm trying to figure out how to extend it which has landed me here. I have gone through a lot of posts and they all seem to start with a, "base knowledge," that is even beyond me.

So I'm hoping someone can fill in the blanks without being annoyed that I'm clueless:

1. Board numbers: I see everyone throwing around board number (ie. 044) but I don't see any info on what board is good/bad/new/old or where to find this version number?

2. When I look at Ebay for new games (ie. Frog Prince), some games come with chip 1 of 2, 2 of 2, and base. But some have other chips like PX and such. Can I just get the 2 game chips and the base and have the game work or do I need to make sure my board is version xx, chips xx, etc...?

3. I see you need Key Chips to change totals and settings (I didn't get one with mine). How do I know what chip I should buy online?

I'll have more questions but this will kickstart me. I hope someone can help!.

Thanks,

Slope.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT I Plus Game Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 07:02:08 PM »
Hi Slope,

Welcome to NLG! 

Congrats on your purchase.  Hope you have a lot of fun with it.  If you've gone through lost of posts you probably noticed we love pictures here.  How about posting a few of your machine?  One of the overall machine, one with the door open, and one of the MPU if you know how to remove it.  Picture attachments have to be less than 1MB each, so you may have to re-size it to get it under that size limitation.

Pictures help us identify your machine and it's components.  Model numbers are pretty much useless. 

I'll try to answer your questions.

1.  Board numbers refer to the the last few digits of the MPU board part number.  For Game King/Igame machines there were basically three of them (although there are some other variants, these are the most popular).  3802 an older board that only used EPROM chips for the game software and could have an optional audio board that had EPROM based sound software.  It was in mono only.    3902 boards could could run all the older 3802 EPROM based software plus newer software that used SIMM Flash cards.  It also has a sound board, but it is a stereo board.  There are two versions of it.  One only supports EPROM sound software.  It's referred to as Multi-media Lite 1 board (MML1).  The second version is the MML2, and it supports a SIMM sound flash card (SNDF).  044 MPUs are the newest and have the sound built into the MPU board.  They have a large flash card that plugs into to MPU board.  There's also a legacy adapter board that allows you to run older 3802/3902 game software.  Here's a thread that shows the differences:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=880.msg3908#msg3908

2.   Depends on the game, but all should have a Base Chip, 2 or 4 GME chips, 1 - 3 PXL SIMM cards, a CGF flash card, and a sound flash SIMM (SNDF).  044 flash boards have all that integrated into one board, but do use a boot chip that is normally included with it.

3.  The keychip you need depends on the game software and the MPU it is running on.  If you want to know what you need for your particular software post the base/gme numbers for it.

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.
  • Bally 873; Game King 3502/3902; Atari System 2
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 08:42:40 PM »
Hi Slope,

I've been following IGT I-Games on this forum for a few years after I got my own Game King.

I have a few educated guesses about your machine.

1) It's likely a 3902 game, as you'll see Alien in the list of 3902 games if you search the forum. It's possible your machine was converted from a 3902 to 044. Pictures of your machine will help!

2) I noticed that some sellers on eBay have been listing incomplete chip sets. As Tilt mentioned, in addition to the base chip and game (GME) chips, you'll also need from 1 to 3 PXL SIMM cards, a CGF flash card, and a sound card. Don't buy just the base and game chips—you won't be able to run the game!

3) I have a 22 key chip and it works for my 3902 games. But as Tilt mentioned, be sure to consult the forum to be sure.

Thanks for joining us, and remember to post pictures of your BIG WINS!

Offline sideslope

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 05:03:03 AM »
Thanks for the welcome and information.

Here are the pics of my game. I took the daughter board off and indeed it is a 3902 REV A.

So based off of this looks like I need a Key 22.

Is there a difference between key 22 and a clear key? Some ads on Ebay show key 22 clear and some say just key 22 for settings.

Thanks all!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 09:05:19 AM by shortrackskater »

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 06:59:21 AM »
Nice looking machine  :applause:

Yes, that's a 3902 MPU board.  Your game software is not original, so to find out the base/gme numbers do this:

Press the MPU self test button (little white button next to the LEDs).  When the menu appears touch Accounting then Program Version Accounting.  After 20 - 30 seconds the screen will populate with your software version numbers.  Post a picture of those and we can let you know if 22 is the correct key or not.

Offline sideslope

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 07:08:29 AM »
Thanks for helping me out Tilt!

Versions attached.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 07:44:39 AM »
Key 22 is the correct key for that software.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal