New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bought a new project today.. Early Bally Monte Carlo.  (Read 5400 times)

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: Bought a new project today.. Early Bally Monte Carlo.
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 09:50:21 PM »
Getting the game inside is a MAJOR step in the right direction.  Congratulations!  I have 2 more sources for your belly glass that I am exploring.  No news yet.    That agitator is the worst that I have ever seen.  I have wondered what causes the rubber to break down so much.  Is it the heat inside of the cabinet?  Is it the oil from peoples hands transferred from the coins?  Was it doo doo rubber in the first place?  I just cant figure it out.

Ra

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2019, 10:04:30 PM »
This is a place I’m going to contact about a piece of glass. If they do pinball, I don’t see why the can’t do slot machines.

http://bgresto.com

I contacted your friend Don. He called me back within 24 hrs. Nice guy and has all kinds of stories. I was on the phone with him for 30+ mins, but I think I only talked for a 1/4 if that. 🤣 He doesnt have this piece, but was going to look for a couples pieces for my 873 that needs a reel and feature glass.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2019, 10:12:02 PM »
Yes sir.  Don is a character indeed.  I don't see why this company would not make your glass.  I scrolled their list of available glass and they had the Bally Monte Carlo Pinball glass.  This is VERY similar to the EM slot glass.  Please keep us informed.  I am so afraid that some of my really rare glass will get broken.  TV Dive, Arrow Line and such.  This place may save me some gray hairs.

Ra

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 09:24:22 AM »
Yikes—that's not a star, it's more like an asteroid that's been in a collision!

:24:

Yes it's more of a star stump!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2019, 10:26:23 AM »
Yes sir.  Don is a character indeed.  I don't see why this company would not make your glass.  I scrolled their list of available glass and they had the Bally Monte Carlo Pinball glass.  This is VERY similar to the EM slot glass.  Please keep us informed.  I am so afraid that some of my really rare glass will get broken.  TV Dive, Arrow Line and such.  This place may save me some gray hairs.
Ra

I thought we were done with our call when Dons says, if you have 2 min I have a quick story to tell yes. I said sure, even tho the wife’s just said dinners ready.. Well about 15 min later he was finished 🤔.. Sounds like he would be a great guy to meet in person, and head over to the corner bar for a beer or 2.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2019, 02:31:00 PM »
Yes sir.  Don has a million stories and he is eager to share them.  I have s great deal of respect for him .  Don has the largest Bally EM collection that I have seen in person.  Exotic and rare games  are common for him.  Don is also a Wizard at slot and pinball repair.   I have ALMOST convinced him to buy a computer.  Don personifies Old School.   He is actively looking for your glass now.  I  have a few parts on a list that I will get from him during my  next visit.   

Ra

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2019, 02:51:33 PM »
Well I’m taking a break. So far I’ve spent a couple hours just cleaning the front and sides of the machine. Years of dust and dirt and other yuck 😷.. At least part of the front doors starting to look good.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2019, 12:47:16 PM »
Will I just recieved a Email from a company that restores pinball glass. They are willing to do my reproduction belly glass for this Monte Carlo Machine.  :cool_thumb_up:😃. The other good thing is that they are a local Company here in the Detroit MI area. I’m hoping I can drop off my glass to save on shipping. Not sure when I can get this started, all depends on old man winter. If I have to I can wait a couple months. Heck Baseballs back starting April.
And remember...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 10:36:17 PM »
That's good news for us all.  Did they give you an estimate?  Do you sacrifice a steak dinner or a mortgage payment?

Ra

Offline big_e

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • big_e New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2019, 01:08:02 PM »
Very cool!  I have been looking for one also.  How did you find it!?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2019, 01:53:45 PM »
Very cool!  I have been looking for one also.  How did you find it!?

Local Craigslist...
And remember...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2019, 04:15:34 AM »
I am going to contact the company that makes the glass this week.  I have a glass on one of my IGT Fortune 1 games that I want to change.  Wish me luck all...

Ra

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2019, 06:40:11 AM »
I did hear back and they will do the job. Now I’m just waiting for warmer weather and a little extra $$ in my pocket. Not going to be as expensive as I thought. The only thing is, if you have any areas on the glass that looks like it’s a mirror surface, that will now be a grey color. I had hear this a head of time.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2019, 07:11:22 PM »
Quick update on my Monte Carlo rebuild. I replaced the coin tray and lower chrome panel behind the coin tray on the lower part of the front door. I also found a replacement kick lever for reel 1 in the reels assembly at KLar.. Big thank you to Alan for finding me that part. I also needed a 12 finger reel wiper and a handle cover at the handles gearbox. He also had these in stock. Great place to find your Older Bally parts. I’ll hopefully have the reels assembly rebuilt tomorrow. I’m posting pics of the old and new coin tray parts and kick lever.
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2019, 08:27:35 PM »
Gary,Thanks for the plug.
A note to anyone that needs a part and don't see it listed on my website.
PM me or email me what you need and if I have it on the shelf I will THEN add it to my website.
I don't like clutter and only add a part or parts when someone gives me a request.
It only takes us a day or two to add  new part to our shopping cart.
So ask away and ye shall receive if we have it, then click to order.
www.slotmachinerepair.com

Alan at KLAR

Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline chibooey

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • chibooey New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2019, 08:39:03 PM »
That looks like a fun machine!  Well done.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2019, 02:58:20 AM »
Gary your are doing a fantastic job so far.  I know that you will have that baby up and running in no time flat.  You will get a great feeling of satisfaction when you are done.  Not to mention you will be the owner of a very rare game not commonly found here in the USA.

Alan at K Lar is indeed the best, and one of the most knowledgeable sourced for parts AND information.

BTW Alan IF God is willing I will be in your area this summer.  I would LOVE to perhaps have lunch with you and a few others from NLG.  I also could be easily persuaded to buy that IGT Fortune 1 slot that we talked about a while ago if you still have it.

Ra

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2019, 07:10:55 AM »
Sounds like a plan.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2019, 10:25:50 PM »
Quick update. Making head way, been fixing broken or bad wiring today. Ended up replacing the #4 reel wiper with a new one. I also noticed taped up wiring back behind the hopper coming from a fuse holder. I removed the tape and was amazed at the damage to the wiring. These 3 wires had been fused together at one time, but not sure why? I replaced the wiring with factory colors from an old wiring harness I had laying around for parts. I also replace the fuse holder. It was not over fused..  Now I need to figure out how the roulette wheel operates. This one wants to run every time you coin the machine, but the machine is paying correct. I will figure it out. Took me over 2 years to fix my first EM.. Yes it took me that long, but look at me now about 15 yrs later. Going to mess with this s little more on Wed but need to put it in the side while I fix two E-Series repairs that came in. Just need to clear my head on the Monte Carlo for a week or so.
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2019, 09:40:12 AM »
...Just need to clear my head on the Monte Carlo for a week or so.

Maybe you need a week IN Monte Carlo?  :yes:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal