New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help on Getting Game King running  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Mastertvtech

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mastertvtech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help on Getting Game King running
« on: January 15, 2019, 06:19:53 AM »
Hey guys,

Working on a game king.  Just reflashed MPU and have 2 problems.

1.  Mechanical door switch is not connected to anything.  Runs down to a large white connector but cant locate anywhere it could go.  Maybe I can run the switch directly to the backplane?

2.  Coin jam error...Maybe I programmed incorrectly?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Help on Getting Game King running
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 06:49:04 AM »
Looks like it was heavily modified, maybe a player tracking system went to the long white connector?
The player tracking was connected to the door switch instead of using door optics?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 09:03:08 AM »
I agree with Badbaud, that stuff looks like abandoned player tracking system wiring.  The door switch that the machine uses to determine if the door is open or closed (also turns the interior convenience light on and off) is the lower switch that is missing on your machine.  It looks like the wires are still there, so you could disconnect the upper switch, and hook the machine wires up it.

The coin in jam error may clear on it's own when the machine sees the main door close.  Here's a picture of how the bottom switch should be wired.  After you get the machine working you may want to remove all the extra unused wiring from the player tracking system.

Offline Mastertvtech

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 09:26:49 AM »
Awsome..That wiring made the door and internal lamp work just fine.

I am still getting the coin jam error..Again, no comparator and no hopper....Does anyone have the programming procedure?  I must be missing something when using the22 key chip.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 10:14:27 AM »
Well some progress, that's good. 

It looks like the coin comparitor bypass plug is in place.  Make sure it's completely plugged in.  Also try reseating the door I/O card (with the power off of course).  Different software can have different menus.  Since you have the bypass plug in place there's nothing on the setup side that you could do that would cause a coin in jam.

Offline Mastertvtech

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 12:26:58 PM »
Ok...got most issues resolved and she will play now.....

Next and final issue:  Printer says wrong type paper or sensor issue.....Got it to feed paper but jammed and there was nothing printed on paper and machine was happy that it paid out.

New printer or any other ideas?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 12:55:21 PM »
The printer paper goes in a specific way, with the rectangular dots on most printers going in face up and to the right as you feed the paper into the printer.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 12:58:57 PM »
Good deal.  Re-seating the I/O card cure the Coin-in Jam?

Make sure the paper is inserted correctly.  The black index mark should be on the right as shown.  If that's not the problem try opening the head and cleaning it out with some compressed air.

Offline Mastertvtech

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 01:54:53 PM »
I wish I had visited these forums sooner!  You guys are spot on.....Working 100% except for missing red on monitor which we are chasing down as I speak.  Coin jam was board not seated fully on door and printer may have been old paper.  Thanks again!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 02:38:57 PM »
Glad you got it up and running  :applause: .   Judging by your username fixing the red drive on the CRT should be something you have experience with. 

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 03:40:55 PM »
PM Sent.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 12:25:36 PM »
What if it is NOT the I/O board re seating that fixes the coin in error?
What if another MPU board is put into the game and it comes up properly with no coin in error?
What IC on the MPU board causes this coin in error message?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 02:26:48 PM »
What if it is NOT the I/O board re seating that fixes the coin in error?
What if another MPU board is put into the game and it comes up properly with no coin in error?
What IC on the MPU board causes this coin in error message?

If it's a constant coin-in jam probably U74.  Usually (but not always) it has a meters disconnected error message too. 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 03:21:48 PM »
Thank you, I may have asked the same question in the past, but I'm an old phart so forgive me.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal