New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: key chip 40 and now a defunct crt  (Read 1121 times)

Offline markd

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • markd New User has no influence.
  • NLG
key chip 40 and now a defunct crt
« on: October 20, 2019, 04:30:03 PM »
Howdy all !
Joined NLG 'bout a week back: "How long have you had a week back!?..."Oh...about a week back." Sorry! A bit of Stooges humor for an ice breaker. On a more cereal note, I joined because during internet searching for info on in installing a printer in my IGT I+ with coin hopper, I came across NLG. After looking at numerous posts herein, I purchased a key 40 chip from coinslots.com in Washington State and a Gen2 Netplex printer from World Wide Gaming in Minnesota... (don't cha know!). A couple of days ago, got the printer installed and it powered up, it feed paper even! Last night I installed the key chip so as to enable the printer. I said yes in all three green bars, did red bar, and after prompt, powered down and re-installed base chip. Fired the 'ol gal up again and got the first alarm (nothing was showing on the monitor), and no sooner than turning the attendant key twice did a loud CRRRAAAACK! come from the monitor. Thought the monitor glass had shattered it was that loud! Now I have an expensive door stop. The monitor is blank. There are no deck lights lit. Coins drop straight down to tray even though comparitor light is lit. Cooling fans are working as are the top and belly fluorescent lights. I did remove the monitor; DC power supply; and main board looking and smelling for anything obvious. No joy in that regard.
So, if yuz guyz can help out the FNG with this one, I would surely appreciated it..."And don't call me Shirley." ("Airplane").
Thanks,
The FNG

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: key chip 40 and now a defunct crt
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 04:58:14 PM »
You should have posted a WTB ad here.  You probably could have gotten the keychip and printer cheaper right here.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 05:16:03 PM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

It's possible the sound came from the power supply instead of the monitor. It would be a lot cheaper if it did. Check the voltage of the power supply at the J13 connector to the mother board. J13 is the bottom row far left connector. The solid orange wires (2) should give +25v, solid red (2) +13v. There's one solid black (no stripe) that should read 6-9v.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline markd

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 05:29:53 PM »
Thank you RB! Will give it the ol' college try in the morning.  :waving_flag:
The FNG

Offline markd

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 10:10:27 AM »
Hello again,
Checked voltages yesterday as RB recommended. Both orange wires were exactly at 25 volts. Red wires were 13.2 and the black wire was fluctuating between 6.52 and 6.68 volts.Looked at the monitor again and did not see anything out of the ordinary. There were no blown capacitors, no evidence of burnt wires or diodes... Put monitor back in and turned on the machine. No green light on the front of the monitor. The machine did one alarm again, (from when I had did key chip 40 initially), silenced it and waited a bit for the second alarm which never sounded.
This is the second crt to have issues. The first one fried it's fly back transformer the very first time we started the machine up after it was delivered. I have seen LCD monitors online and am seriously thinking of getting one. But, of course, I wanna make dang sure that something else in the machine isn't the problem.

FNG

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 10:29:11 AM »
If you buy a new LCD they are $5-600. You will need a door bezel to match the flat screen. Ceronix makes some good units & new bezel is included. Do you have a 17 or 19"? Used ones usually go for $2-300. Also make sure you get the right connector. There are 19 & 25 pin connectors. Count the total number of pin holes not the pins themselves.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline markd

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 10:53:51 AM »
RB,

Roger that! And thanks again for your help!
The FNG

Offline markd

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 11:05:10 AM »
Sorry, I have a 19" with a 25 pin connector. The monitor side of the connector has 22 male pins installed in it. The monitor deck inside the machine has 19 female pins installed. Called NLG tech support just a bit ago, (unfortunately I didn't catch the very nice gentleman's name), but he recommended Ceronix model number CPA 2405. Will be calling Ceronix here shortly.
FNG

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 11:55:11 AM »
Did you know the condition of the CRT units?,  they are powered by 120 vac,  did you check out that voltage?

do you know the history of the machine?  did it ever work for you,  its just odd that you would lose two in a few days, these monitors are heavy and difficult to ship. 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline markd

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 12:32:18 PM »
Hello Jim,
Used Slots in Kingman Arizona told us that the machine had been gone through before they shipped it.  The first monitor that came with the machine looked very well used, in that, you could see the burnt in images on the screen without it even being on. This was the monitor that smoke checked the fly back as soon as we turned it on for the first time. The second monitor that arrived from the people that we bought the machine from did work for 2 months. It stopped working after I tried using key chip 40 on the machine.
No, I did not check AC voltages, only DC as recommended by RB in a previous post.
Mark D.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2019, 01:58:21 PM »
Then I would think your CRT's just didn't last and you probably shouldn't have any issue with a LCD. 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline markd

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2019, 10:47:08 AM »
Well, I ordered a new LCD monitor from Ceronix and should it be here soon. Before I install it, are there be any other things I should be checking for so as not to fry the new monitor? I did check DC voltages at the J13 connector as RB recommended in a previous post and they were spot on. Should I check AC voltages also!?I did buy a quality surge protector and am going to check the wall outlet for proper polarity.
Mark

Offline brokenticker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2019, 06:03:35 PM »
Big mistake buying from used slots out of kingman (Rocky Mountain slots )they BRIAN will rip you off sells junk never makes good, was a friend of his for 15 years and he screwed me and southpark slots clint RIP, stay away from them

Offline markd

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2019, 12:41:05 PM »
Brokenticker,
Kinda sensed that with used slots after the first monitor blew. No further need to call 'em for tech support...I've got you guys!
Mark

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal