New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game king configuration error  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Brosepyoung

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Brosepyoung New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game king configuration error
« on: December 01, 2019, 08:03:06 PM »
Hi,

I was just given a Game King multi game machine with keys from someone wanting to get rid of it. I brought it home and powered it up and received a "config checksum error". The screen tells me that it's a recoverable error and to turn the attendant key to clear. When I turn the key it comes back "eprom configuration error, replace eprom". I've been reading the forums here and saw some posts about a key17, key40, etc. Do I need one of these to get past this error? I'm not sure what board I have or really what I'm working with here so any help would be much appreciated. Here is the machine info I was able to find. Also included pic of the board inside.

This was on the data tag on the side of the machine.

Model# WA97CW
Date MFG: 7/95

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Game king configuration error
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 08:52:03 PM »
Does it say EPROM or EEPROM?  I'd replace the battery on the board first, that's a hack job someone did on it.  You don't need a keychip to get the machine operational, but you will want one at some point to set it up the way you want (game/denominations/paytables, etc).  Key 17 is the proper keychip for your game software.

Offline Brosepyoung

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 10:32:50 PM »
I went back to the machine to verify the error I was receiving. Before I turned it on I re-taped the battery down more securely because it was kind of loose. I turned on the machine and I was able to get to the game menu and only one poker game appeared instead of multiple games. I don't know why it wouldn't show the original error I was receiving before. My next question is, how do I get the other games to show up? I was exploring the "program version display" and saw other Poker games and keno listed. Also, if I were to get the key17 chip would that allow me to set it to free play? I know I have allot of questions, and I'm sure ill have more later bit I do appreciate your help.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 11:35:15 PM »
Yes, with the keychip you can set up to 12 different games each denomination.  You will not be able to set it for freeplay though.

Offline Brosepyoung

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 11:53:26 PM »
Could you help me identify which board/equipment I have so I can search for the key17 chip and maybe some other parts. The coin mechanism isn't working, coins won't drop down and the bill validator keeps jamming although I was able to insert a dollar bill and play about 10min of poker before I received a battery error. So far it looks like I need the key17 chip, battery and possibly a new coin mechanism and bill validator unless I can get them working. Thanks again

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 06:47:06 AM »
It's a 3802 MPU. Software is GK 4.0. Key 17 is correct. I can send you a batt & holder to solder in place of that mess you have now as well as a key chip if you are in the US. PM me if interested.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Brosepyoung

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 08:14:25 AM »
Thabks for the info. I sent you a pm

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 11:14:17 AM »
RB has ya covered for the battery holder, battery, and keychip.  As far as the coins falling through goes try replacing the sample coin in the comparitor and there's a sensitivity adjustment on the front of it as well.  With a small screwdriver turn that completely counter-clockwise (least sensitive) and then see if it will accept coins.

Offline Brosepyoung

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 11:20:57 AM »
I just purchased the needed parts from RB today. When I get home later I'll try adjusting the coin mechanism as you suggested and see if I can get it working.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 09:37:12 PM »
Any updates?

Offline Brosepyoung

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 09:56:52 PM »
I took a look at the coin mechanism and tried adjusting it with the power off and I wasn't able to get it to drop. I'm assuming it needs to be powered to work? I'm waiting to for the battery so I can install it and have a stable machine to work with instead of getting the battery error everytime I try to do something. My package was supposed to arrive today but usps says it's delayed but hopefully it arrives tomorrow so I can get it up and going. I Wil definitely give an update once that's completed.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 09:37:06 AM »
Yeah, it has to be installed in the machine to work.  Hopefully you'll have it up and running soon.

Offline Brosepyoung

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 09:10:17 PM »
Today I received the parts I was waiting for and i was able to solder the new battery holder and use the keychip to fully setup the machine with 12 games. I still cannot get it to accept any currency from both the bill validator and comparitor. The bills keep getting jammed in the validator "crumbling". I took out the stacker and used wd40 to clean it up and moved the spring and plate up and down thinking maybe it was part of the problem but had no success. Tried getting the comparitor working by adjusting the sensativity dial, coins would not drop or register. I took a voltage reading and had 12.95VDC coming in. This is when I noticed the led light on the comparitor was intermittently flashing. When I checked the connections at the little molex connector the wires fell out. I'm not sure if the wires are pinned correctly and I don't have a diagram to verify that. I uploaded a pic of the connector in its current state. The bottom#1 wire was still connected securely and I'm guessing it's correct, the rest of the wires are out.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 10:11:11 PM »
1 - orange
2 - orange w/red tracer
5 - red
6 - black w/red tracker

Offline Brosepyoung

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2019, 12:01:11 AM »
I was reading through some posts on Bill validator troubleshooting and was able to get it working. It was a loose connection :duh: . Thank you for the wiring info for the comparitor, I'll be working on that tomorrow and hopefully getting this machine 100% operational.

Offline Brosepyoung

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2019, 11:04:41 AM »
I rewired up the comparitor, tried adjusting the sensativity, and it's still not working. It's getting stable voltage and is being recognized in the setup menu. At this point I'm thinking it's faulty unless I'm missing something.

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2019, 12:46:14 PM »
Place a piece of paper or thin cardboard under the rake on the back of the comparator to hold it open, they try it. A bad coil will make it reject coins.

Offline Brosepyoung

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2019, 01:33:09 PM »
I just tried what you said and it did reject the coin. So am I'm looking at a bad coil? If so are those replaceable or would I need an entire new comparitor?

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2019, 01:40:28 PM »
No it should drop into the hopper. With the rake open there's no way a coin should drop into the coin tray. If it's going into the overflow chute then the diverter is bad or your hopper limit is not set correctly. Obviously the hopper & coin acceptor both must be enabled in the setup.

Offline Brosepyoung

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2019, 02:48:03 PM »
I held the black slider on the back of the comparitor open and the coin fell through. The hopper works when I loaded quarters in it. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal