New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King Game Board Will Boot Up  (Read 732 times)

Offline ASA

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • ASA New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game King Game Board Will Boot Up
« on: November 12, 2020, 02:31:51 PM »
Hello,
I hope someone could help me with a problem. I have an IGT Game King 3902. One day I turned it on and it would not boot up. Lights in the cabinet lit up. Since then, I have replaced the power supply and backplane board. Now when I turn it on with the MPU board in, I get a screen that reads “no signal detected check signal cable”. The MPU board has all lights lit but they flash white every second.
Anyone got any ideas?   Thanks so much for your help.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Game King Game Board Will Boot Up
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 03:05:48 PM »
Pull out the MPU board out and look at the battery areas and see if there's any damage, that is usually the case with these machine types.  Also the lights blinking white is not noraml on these mpu's as they have no white leds unless someone changed them.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 03:19:51 PM »
double check the backplane, make sure its not grounding out, also make sure all plugs are in the correct spot on it.  could be you got a faulty power supply(do you have another machine you can swap parts from/with?)

pictures help a bit when trying to pinpoint issues. cabinets are different board positioning is different ect ect

Offline ASA

• NLG
Re: Game King Game Board Will Not Boot Up
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 02:37:56 PM »
I have attached a record of what I did to try to remedy the problem but encountered something strange. As I stated in previous posts my problem was I was not able to boot up my game as usual. This happened all of a sudden. After you read my attachment you will see I unplugged3 Netplex Top Box I/O and the game king now works. This has always been plugged in. My question is why did this happen all of a sudden and if I do not connect J3 will it affect some other area of the machine? I am new at this so I am puzzled. What does the plug in the top box circuit board do? Thanks so much

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 02:44:39 PM »
the touch screen, bill validator and printer all share the netplex.  i havent heard of a bad printer causing a game not to boot but i guess it could.  i dont think anything else in the topbox besides the printer run off netplex

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 03:06:11 PM »
I agree.  Sounds like the ticket printer went bad and took the whole thing down.  You can plug back in J3 and remove the printer netplex cable from the distribution board in the topbox and it should still boot up.  Depending on the type of ticket printer you have there's a ribbon cable on the back of it that is easily damaged sliding the printer in and out.  Check it if it has one.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 03:08:06 PM »
ASA

Your NLG mailbox is full so when I replied it was returned because your in box is full.

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 11:07:36 AM »
Hello,
You all were right. I plugged the cord back in and disconnected the printer and it worked. The printer must be bad or something.
Question: Do I replace the entire printer box, etc. or do I just change out the drawer. They both have circuit boards in them.
I want to thank everyone. I am learning a lot from this.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 04:39:40 PM »
Best to change the whole assembly out, or if you don't use it unplug it and disable it in the setup menu.  It will then goto handpay if you hit cash out.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal