New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: A system error has occurred  (Read 2213 times)

Offline ASA

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • ASA New User has no influence.
  • NLG
A system error has occurred
« on: December 15, 2020, 10:43:00 AM »
I hope someone can help me. I have a game king 3902 machine. After replacing the base chip with my Key chip then powering down, then replacing the base key I get the following message on the screen "A system error has occurred. The operation in progress may not have successfully completed. Power down then power up the machine and try the operation again."
I have tried powering down and up again but the same message appears. Is there something I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: A system error has occurred
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 11:11:39 AM »
I hope someone can help me. I have a game king 3902 machine. After replacing the base chip with my Key chip then powering down, then replacing the base key I get the following message on the screen "A system error has occurred. The operation in progress may not have successfully completed. Power down then power up the machine and try the operation again."
I have tried powering down and up again but the same message appears. Is there something I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

I can't read it...did you fold underneath a chip leg?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 11:32:28 AM »
"A system error has occurred. The operation in progress may not have successfully completed. Power down then power up the machine and try the operation again."

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 11:58:34 AM »
I would start out by pulling your chips out one at a time and checking for a bent pin. Make sure the notch is facing the correct way when reinstalling. Sounds like you have a bent pin. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 12:34:33 PM »
In order to key a machine, you need to have zero credits when you do the key procedure.  Did you cash out before you tried to key?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 12:55:34 PM »
I have checked both the Key chip and the Base chip for bent prongs. All are OK.

I do not know if it had credits on the machine before I keyed it. If it did and I keyed it what can I do to rectify it.   Thanks so much.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 12:57:04 PM »
if you have credits on the machine beforehand, then the KEY just doesn't let you get into the options you want to change.

Did you accidentally pull out the MPU tray or put it back in with the power switch on?

Try it again now that you've checked the pins and report back.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 01:02:32 PM »
Yes, I tried this:  I put in the keychip and then powered down as told then put in the base chip then all it does is recycle over and over after I turn the key as suggested and it initializes the machine  then says turn key then initializes, etc. It does this over and over. I then powered down pulled out the board and then pushed it back in then powered up. I then get the original message as stated at the beginning of my post. I am puzzled.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 01:28:33 PM »
The ONLY thing I can think of is this....>>>

If the machine was working fine before you put in the key chip but you just wanted to change some settings however didn't allow you to, then I would say something with the key chip screwed up things?
With the power off, (Remember, never pull out or install stuff with the power switch on....you'll just burn out stuff!) go ahead and check that darn SB chip again.

It's the only chip you removed right?

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 01:43:55 PM »
Yes, I only removed the base chip and the key chip. I have used both a key 22 chip and 40. They both do the same thing.

Would a battery cause this? I noticed the battery on top of the board does not look too good. But it may be OK.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 01:49:49 PM »
That's not really a battery, it's a capacitor and it DOES look like it's crapping out, bulging.

Remove the whole piggy back board for now.

It's called a mutimedia board and is really for the sound SIMM memory stick card that's in the long black socket.

The whole piggyback board comes off just by removing the two philips screws on it and gently rocking the board back and forth until it comes out of the two long black sockets on the MPU.

The game in the machine doesn't need it to run properly.
For now you'll just get the "ding, ding" sounds instead of the musical notes.

Let's get your machine running right first then work on the sounds.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 04:13:33 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 01:53:23 PM »
Oh, I see. Thanks so much. Should I remove that board and then slide the MPU back in?

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 01:56:39 PM »
Yeah....it'll also give you an opportunity to see if the cleaning guy actually cleaned under that board too!

Them multimedia boards aren't much...I'm sure someone has a good one for you in the Classifieds section of NLG if you post up a WTB ad.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 03:17:54 PM »
Try clearing everything.  Answer yes to perform keychip, clear RAM, and clear EEPROM.  When it boots back up you'll get a RAM error, turn the key and follow the directions, then you'll get an EEPROM error, do the same thing.  After that it should take you to the keychip menu where you can set things up.
What is you base and gme numbers?  Key 22 or 40 may not be the right key, but if you clear everything they will work to key it.

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 03:40:41 PM »
OK, will do. Thanks.

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2020, 03:02:29 PM »
I have tried everything and it still has problems.  Here is where I am at now.  I can key chip it and it says to power down and replace with Base chip. I did and now it just recycles over and over and over. It says "initializing"  but then goes back into the key turning message then goes aback to initializing, then back to the key turning. etc. I have tried about ten times recycling and it will not stop recycling.

I have checked the prongs on both the base chip and key chip and they are all OK.

Could the MPU board be bad? Does a 3902 board have a flash board? I have read where a flash board could be bad. but that was on an 044 board.

Any ideas on what I should do?  Thanks so much for your help.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2020, 03:14:35 PM »
Sounds to me like you might have a bad Base chip.
Key chip seems to work fine if the two amber LEDs come on solid but the problems seem to begin when you re-install the Base chip.
RB would be the best guy to contact for a new chip.

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2020, 03:19:18 PM »
 I am new at this so could you tell me what a base chip is and is it different for each game? Can you buy base chips to replace a bad one?  Thanks

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2020, 04:23:28 PM »
I am new at this so could you tell me what a base chip is and is it different for each game? Can you buy base chips to replace a bad one?  Thanks
1).Okay and welcome!
2).Post a picture of your board & I'll draw arrows pointing to it.
3).Yes, it can be different. for each game.
4).Yes, you can buy them. if they're bad.
5).You're welcome.

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2020, 04:28:26 PM »
Here is a picture of the board. Thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal