New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: A system error has occurred  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: A system error has occurred
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2020, 04:39:53 PM »
Here's the Base chip of your game on the MPU.

It's a main chip that contains the files for the Stinkin' Rich game you have.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline ASA

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • ASA New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2020, 04:41:48 PM »
can you tell by looking at the base chip what the number it would be so I could replace it?

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2020, 04:54:32 PM »
Yes and no...it is not an original chip.
Someone made a back-up copy and that's what's in there.
They did NOT label it as to what we normally see on real IGT chips.

There is a 4-digit checksum (CRC)  number on it but I have no idea how they, whoever made it, set their programmer at?
Your camera is not very good.
The letters on the labels are very blurry when I enlarged it to try to see what is written on the label.

All we know for sure is that it is a Stinkin' Rich game....however, you would have to give us more information to help us determine what chip it could be.

There are many, many versions of this game.

Do you know how much the max bet was and the max number of lines the game could be played at when it WAS working?

Was it ever working?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2020, 04:58:05 PM »
No I do not have that information but RB has provided me some information on the Base chip. I am talking with him about the chip. Perhaps he can be of help. Thank you so much for helping me.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2020, 05:00:16 PM »
Bless him that poor man... :rotfl:

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2020, 05:14:43 PM »
Stickin Rich probably takes a 22.

Bad guess.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 06:48:28 PM by Ken »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2020, 06:44:29 PM »
Let's back up a little bit because I'm slow sometimes  :Tongue_Out: .  Can you give us a little history on the board?  Was it working and then quit, or is it new to you?  What keychip are you trying to use?  A quick search shows Stinkin' Rich uses Key 40, it's menu driven keychip, it doesn't light two amber lights on the end like bunker suggested, key 17 does that. 

The 3902 board doesn't have a flash card, they use EPROMs or a mix of EPROMs and SIMM cards. 

When you say it goes back to initializing over and over, what is the error message that occurs with it?  EPROM error, EEPROM error?

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2020, 06:58:45 PM »
Tilt,

I have had the board for over two years and did not have a problem. I use key 40. One day I wanted to change some setting and I used key 40. After powering down and
replacing the base chip it just goes through the normal routine. ... Turning the key and it then initializes. I just says eprom error. Turn the key. It just does this over and over. Could it be a bad base chip?

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2020, 07:07:52 PM »
The machine never says "Close The Door"?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2020, 07:23:32 PM »
Please post a picture of the keychip menu that you're keying it with and a picture of the error messages.

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2020, 07:29:16 PM »
I does not get that far. There is no menu. I use key 40.  You see, after putting in the key 40 chip and inserting the board it will ask to clears the three areas and then reboot.  after powering down and removing the key 40 chip and replacing the base chip and then inserting the board then power up ... it never goes to set up screen (menu) it just keeps cycling from initializing to me turning the key as it asks. This is my problem, it just keep cycling like that  and never gets to a menu. I hope I explained this well enough for anyone to help. It is appreciated.

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2020, 07:31:33 PM »
stayoutadabunker

no it does not say "close the door"

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2020, 07:35:34 PM »
yeah...sounds like a glitch in the system somewhere.  :pos_computer:

Tilt will figure it out....he's been working with this platform longer than I.  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2020, 07:38:21 PM »
I-game/Game Kings don't ask you to close the main door after clearing/keying.  S2000's do, but not game kings. 

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2020, 07:44:13 PM »
What is the message on the screen that prompts you to turn the key?

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2020, 07:56:45 PM »
says eprom error and to turn the key...  does not have an error code. I will take a picture of it tomorrow and send it to you. Thanks.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2020, 08:03:00 PM »
Have you tried a different eeprom? That's the 8 pin dip on the mother board. Should be the only removable chip. Had a similar problem with an 044 game once. It's a 24c16 chip. If you have another 960 MB laying around it should have one you can try.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2020, 08:03:11 PM »
I does not get that far. There is no menu. I use key 40.  You see, after putting in the key 40 chip and inserting the board it will ask to clears the three areas and then reboot.  after powering down and removing the key 40 chip and replacing the base chip and then inserting the board then power up ... it never goes to set up screen (menu) it just keeps cycling from initializing to me turning the key as it asks. This is my problem, it just keep cycling like that  and never gets to a menu. I hope I explained this well enough for anyone to help. It is appreciated.
Pictures would be helpful, but correct me where I'm wrong.

1 - Key 40, answer yes to all three questions by turning jackpot reset key and pressing MPU self test button
2 - Move down to reboot machine and turn jackpot reset key
3 - Red box appears that says "Please Wait....Performing Requested Actions"
4 - Green box appears that says "Please Power down the machine.  Replace the BASE PROM, and Turn the machine on to continue"
5 - Replace keychip with basechip, put MPU back in machine and turn it on.
6 - Machine starts booting up showing Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Violet screens alternately
7 - Machine says "RAM ERROR"  Turn Attendant Key for More information.  Turn Key.  Data Memory Error screen appears, turn key again.
8 - Machine says Press and hold test button for 2 - 3 seconds.  So you press and hold the self test button.
9 - Machine starts booting again as in step 6.
10 - EEPROM Error Message appears on the screen.  Turn attendant key, Game ID mismatch Error appears, turn attendant key again.
11- Machine starts booting again cycling colors again as in step 6 and 9.

What happens after that?  Should take you to the keychip menu.  Post a picture of the error message that happens after step 11.

EPROM is different than EEPROM.  Proper terms matter in trying to help you resolve this.  Pictures or a video if needed are best at making sure we fully understand what the machine is doing and what it's saying.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 11:48:11 AM by Tilt »

Offline ASA

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2020, 11:25:55 AM »
To TILT and Others,

I have attached a PDF document showing the process I used to Key my board. I hope you can help solve my problem It is appreciated.

Would a bad or low battery cause this problem?
Thanks so much

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2020, 11:52:08 AM »
I think your battery's okay....easy enough to check...just slide it out and check with a multi-meter.

It's that little EEPROM on the backplane RB mentioned that's gone bad I think, because of your messages keep coming back to that one.

EEPROM  (electrically erasable programmable read-only memory)

I had to change one on one of my backplanes once...

It may have hit the threshold of it's lifespan of rewriting and erasing.

Without looking, I think it has 8 legs and up there on the left side of the backplane board.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal