New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: OMG! What have I done? Game King board  (Read 600 times)

Offline 89chevyman

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • 89chevyman New User barely matters.89chevyman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
OMG! What have I done? Game King board
« on: December 21, 2020, 11:38:40 PM »

Hey guys, hope I can get some comfort from your advice. I did a REALLY dumb thing. I was changing out batteries on a 3902 and an 044 board in the same time frame. In my stupidity, and hast, I put the 044 board into the 3902 machine, turned it on and got an error message, realizing my mistake :banghead: :banghead: , turned it off and removed the board. Now it won't boot in the 044 machine. Did I screw the pooch on this board and software?
  To top it off I cannot get the 3902 to boot correctly even after Keychip 17 is performed. Screen is locked to main game menu, denom selection and no lights on button panel nor bill acceptance and no response to touch screen. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.  Just wanted to check to see if any damage could have been done to the 044 board or game chips. Thanks in advance.

Chris

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: OMG! What have I done? Game King board
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 11:58:27 PM »
On the 044 backplane, check the two fuses to see if any are burned out.
If so, then I think your MPU was saved from damage and all you need is to replace the burned fuse.

On the 3902 MPU, it just sounds like the logic data is frozen.
I would perform a Clear and restart the game.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 89chevyman

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • 89chevyman New User barely matters.89chevyman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 12:07:24 AM »

Okay. Thanks. I take it the fuses are located on the board and should be easily identified (burnt residue is a sign).
 Just for fun and giggles, lets say the fuses are fine, would the software possibly still be re-useable? Thanks for the rapid reply.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 09:01:14 AM »
Two fuses are near the bottom on the backplane....might look something like these blue 15A automotive fuses in their sockets.
Just pull out and inspect with some light behind it.
If it's burned out, you will see a space between the metal inside the plastic housing.
Always best to do a simple mutlimeter continuity check. to see if a fuse is good or not.

I would bet there's nothing wrong with your software, however I need to point out that flash software on a piggyback board, is very sensitive to stray voltages such as static electricity.
If you're rushing around on carpeting with an 044 in your bare hands and see a small spark when you touch a machine, there's a high probability the flash software chips on the piggyback board is corrupted and useless.
You have to be extra careful with flash-based boards.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 09:32:55 AM »
Wow, I didn't even know that was possible.  Did some pins get bent on the 044 MPU connectors?

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 09:38:33 AM »
I was wondering how he did that too...an 039 backplane board only has two rows of female socket holes!  :arrowthruhead:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal