New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bill Validator Comm Failure  (Read 2653 times)

Offline jthelman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • jthelman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bill Validator Comm Failure
« on: January 18, 2021, 07:49:08 AM »
I have a Game King 6.8 with a MEI 6602 bill validator unit and have had it for a little more than a year with no issues.  Now I get an error message Call Attendant - Bill Validator Comm Failure.  I have opened and closed the main door, reseated the Bill Head and Cash Can many times.  I can clear the error for a little while, but it always comes back.  The machine can be just idling with no credits on the machine then the bill validator will start to cycle and the Call Attendant - Bill Validator Comm failure will show up.  I tried swapping the bill head but did not help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bill Validator Comm Failure
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 08:05:42 AM »
You could try swapping the interface card that the head connects to.

With the head and cash can out you can pull the interface card out.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 08:23:13 AM »
A lot of times you just need to clean the circuit board contracts that Ken mentioned above. Try reseating the card a few times. Is it cold where you have the machine? I've had MEIs do this a lot below 50 degrees.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline jthelman

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 12:00:02 PM »
Machine is in the house nice and warm and I did clean the contacts on the head and interface board with electrical cleaner.  I don't have another interface board unless I can take the out of my G23.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 12:11:37 PM »
Just to be sure I'm talking about the contacts that mate to the cash box assy where you pull the interface board from, not the contacts between the head and the interface board.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 12:15:46 PM »
Machine is in the house nice and warm and I did clean the contacts on the head and interface board with electrical cleaner.  I don't have another interface board unless I can take the out of my G23.

Like Qbert mentioned .. pull the interface card first and try that.

If the G23 has one switch on the bottom side (which it should for IGT) of the interface card then no problem switching.

Offline jthelman

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 01:17:50 PM »
i did remove the interface board and cleaned both ends.  I also tried the interface board from the G23 machine and received the error message.  Sometime it displays 2 error messages "Touch screen communication and Bill validator comm failure.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 01:21:23 PM »
Try reseating plugs going to the motherboard

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 01:53:21 PM »
Also try reseating the MPU.  I have had those two errors together before because the mpu tray was not slid in tight. Check the pins while ya got it out.

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 07:11:37 AM »

when you tried the interface board from the other machine, did you try the head from the original machine and the one from other machine(g23 is igt right?)
you dont have the door hotwired to be always closed do you? the main door has to be opened to clear errors.
does the touch screen work when you push the test/setup button?

the touch screen, bill val and printer all share the netplex channel.
with it being a 6.8 am guessing 044 platform:
reseat the netplex plug(s) on the motherboard J2, J3 and J14

try disconnecting the printer and see if the error goes away.

Offline jthelman

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 08:05:04 AM »
[size=0px]when you tried the interface board from the other machine, did you try the head from the original machine (YES) and the one from other machine(g23 is igt right?) (NO)[/size][size=0px]you dont have the door hotwired to be always closed do you? (NO) the main door has to be opened to clear errors.does the touch screen work when you push the test/setup button? (YES)the touch screen, bill val and printer all share the netplex channel.with it being a 6.8 am guessing 044 platform:reseat the netplex plug(s) on the motherboard J2, J3 and J14 (NO PLUG IN J2, RESEATED ALL PLUGS ON THE MOTHERBOARD)

NO error messages right now, sometimes it can take a little while before they come.  Will keep you updated, I did buy another MEI complete unit to try but won't be here for a week or so.try disconnecting the printer and see if the error goes away.[/size]

Offline jthelman

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 08:29:36 AM »
Well it was okay for about 20 minutes, then bill validator cycle once and Call Attendant Bill Validator Comm Failure.

Offline wizeone

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 09:50:16 AM »

if the machine has a printer, disconnect it and see if it cycles and errors again.if not it seems like its going to be an error with the head.(sense the error stayed on the machine with the other interface board.)

Offline jthelman

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 12:23:09 PM »
I'll give it a try but did try it with another bill head with no success.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2021, 12:26:44 PM »
Don't think you can use a head from a G23.  AVP is ID028.

Offline jthelman

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2021, 07:21:57 AM »
Okay I disconnected printer and got 3 error messages. 1.) Printer comm failure, 2.) Touch Screen comm failure and 3.) Bill Validator comm failure.  How would you had to rank things to try on my next steps. 
1.)  Replace MEI complete unit
2.)  Replace Mother Board
3.)  Replace CPU Board.
4.)  Anything else to try?

Thanks again for everyone's help and hope we can get this machine working again.

Offline wizeone

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2021, 07:32:46 AM »
at this point i am leaning towards the head. you said you ordered a complete mei setup, so would probably wait till it comes in and try the head from the new one.

i dont recall a mei setup with those errors being related to mpu/mobo but anything is possible.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2021, 08:08:22 AM »
I agree you have tried most of the things that might cause this issue. I recently had the same error and it ended up being the head. Remember whenever you change the head make sure you let the machine configure netplex and cycle the main door.

Offline jthelman

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2021, 08:48:04 AM »
I did try the head from my G23, it uses a IDO24 but it's an uploader.  It worked but still got the same errors.

Offline jthelman

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2021, 02:26:44 PM »
Problem Solved!!!  Today I received a bill validator MEI complete unit and replaced it and it's now working perfect.  Thanks again to everyone.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal