New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Slot handle is stuck in a forward position  (Read 4263 times)

Offline Bcgonzalez

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bcgonzalez New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Slot handle is stuck in a forward position
« on: March 25, 2021, 08:29:55 AM »
Hello everyone,

I recently joined this site and I was hoping someone can provide me with some guidance/support here.  I recently purchased a IGT 2000 wild thing slot machine for my man cave off of Craigslist in very good condition.  Everything works great but I think I had a little too much to drink and started messing with some settings one night  Now my slot machine Handle is stuck in the forward position and does not retract backwards.  It still operates in the forward position and spins the reels but does not go back to its original upright position.  I could not locate any user manuals or find anything on YouTube regarding my issue and I was recommended to try this site. Hopefully someone can help me out.  Thank you

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Slot handle is stuck in a forward position
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 08:35:45 AM »
On the inside the Handle Box has some service holes.
Spray some WD-40 in those holes while exercising the handle back and forth.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Bcgonzalez

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 08:58:26 AM »
Thank you!  Will I need to access the service holes from inside the slot machine or is this something I can access from the outside of the machine?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 09:07:47 AM »
Usually a stuck handle is a sign of the orange bumper melted and allows the handle to travel back down from the rest position due to the inertia. on the back side of the handle mech. is a solenoid, this allows the handle to be pulled during normal operation. reach in and using your finger push up on the plunger part of the solenoid, this should allow the handle to be pulled and restored back to its at rest position.

the only way to fix this is to replace the orange bumper, which is hard to come by, or replace the handle mech with a good one in it, or fashion a bumper to do the same function.

hope this helps

I do have working handle mechs available.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Bcgonzalez

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 09:16:59 AM »
Thanks Jim!  I will take a look at that when I get home.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 10:06:28 AM »
It's a bit or work but you can do it!

First, you need to stick an Allen key under the handle into the hole of the cap and remove the handle bolt.
Once the bolt is out, pull out the handle and put the cap aside.

Inside the cabinet, there;'s two wire connectors way on top in the back corner on top of the handle mech.
That is for the solenoid pawl release....pull those two connectors off the tabs and move aside.

Now, using a ratchet wrench with an extension and socket, there will be 3 nuts you need to remove.
The bolts run thru the mech and out to the round metal plate outside that surrounds the handle shaft to the mech.

Once those nuts are removed, slowly pull out the entire mech and you will have two more connectors attached to a small microswitch.
Those are for the handle contact and tells the MPU that the handle has been engaged for a spin....pull those two connectors off the switch tabs and place aside.

Now you have the whole handle mech. in your hands.
Bring it over to a well lit bench and take good photos of the guts of it...especially where the pawls to the gears are and where the melted orange goop is.

From there, we'll be able to determine what you can do next for sure!  :cool_thumb_up:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 05:31:17 PM »
Usually when the handle is stuck in the down position this little spring loaded cam is either broken or seized. If it's the latter a little lube should free it up. It can be accessed from the bottom toward the back without removing the mech but it's hard to see. You should also remove the nut and washer and shoot a little lube in there. Do not over tighten the locking nut when you put it back on.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 05:59:37 PM »
Here's one with the ear broken off the cam, thus no spring action. Someone had to be really slamming that handle to do that.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2021, 08:40:03 AM »
Usually when the handle is stuck in the down position this little spring loaded cam is either broken or seized. If it's the latter a little lube should free it up. It can be accessed from the bottom toward the back without removing the mech but it's hard to see. You should also remove the nut and washer and shoot a little lube in there. Do not over tighten the locking nut when you put it back on.
99% of the time this is what causes it to stick down try this first.

Offline Kbreaux

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Kbreaux New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2024, 10:33:11 AM »
This post was helpful. A little lube and the handle is back in action.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal