New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally top hat with issues  (Read 963 times)

Offline SPN

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • SPN New User barely matters.SPN New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Bally top hat with issues
« on: November 18, 2021, 10:47:12 AM »
I have a Bally Top Hat that's been stored away at storage for a while and now I took it home so I can restore it, the machine looks like to be in pretty good condition except it doesn't work, the coin switch doesn't react and as you guys can see in the picture there's something connected to the hopper , do I need it or can I remove it?

I think this part on the hopper and in the top unit maybe was meant for an extra coin change box or something that was added on the outside of the cabinet but I’m not sure…

« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 12:04:41 AM by SPN »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Bally top hat with issues
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 09:34:20 PM »
I don't have much info on that game, tho I have a picture of a piece of a 1093 schematic that shows a reel mech A switch in the circuit to the coin switch.  The A switch has yellow wire 30 on one blade and can't tell the other color ... maybe orange/green.

a few machines made for denmark had circuits for a stand.  If the game wasn't on the stand and wired in, a dummy plug needed to be inserted into a socket.

usually that plug is in the cabinet behind the reels, and without it the coining circuit is dead.  big_e posted a picture of one a few months ago ... http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=32199.msg170949#msg170949

one of the things the dummy plug does is jumper wire 30 to 90-4 on the socket, so if you have the socket and no plug, jumping those two wires together will probably make your coin switch work.  Wire 90-4 goes to the coin switch.  For example, see the 929 or 917-1 schematics on https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

have no idea what the hopper board is for or the connector wired into the top.  You'll probably have to trace wires and see what game wire colors are connected to those things.

finding a schematic would be really helpful :-)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 09:40:36 AM by wolftalk »

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 05:28:19 PM »
I found out that the hopper board and the connector into the top is for a box to install on the outside of the slot machine so you can use several kinds of coins and I also found out about the issue and the game is now working, several bad connections because of longer time at the storage I guess, and a loose wire at the beau hopper plug :)

Thanks again Sir :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 12:07:35 AM by SPN »

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 05:29:59 PM »

It looks like the one up in the right corner on the picture, but it has been removed so that why I have this parts installed in my slot machine..

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal