New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Locating belly door switch in Gk from 98  (Read 846 times)

Offline Myfairlady

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Myfairlady New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Locating belly door switch in Gk from 98
« on: March 02, 2022, 05:32:50 AM »
Hi everyone.  I just bought an old style Gk. No optics on doors.  I can’t remember the belly doors color cables. Is it the purple and blue green one?   Put together they have no effect on the Door open M message … Thanks

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Locating belly door switch in Gk from 98
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 05:52:18 AM »
Post a picture of your machine.  Old game kings used door optics, newer models have the cherry switch.

Offline Myfairlady

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 08:08:47 AM »
I wish I knew how to downsize pictures… I will try.

Offline Myfairlady

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 10:05:29 AM »
Me again. I cannot reduce my pictures.. anyone with an old Gk could tell or post about the different switches on an upright cabinet? Thank you

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 11:05:42 AM »
Some folks say if you email the picture to yourself it will give you an option to resize it. 

The date of manufacture is in 1998?  What size is the CRT?  It should be either 13" or 19" if it is indeed from 1998.

Offline Myfairlady

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 11:14:52 AM »
It is a big one (19 inches) . When I key chip, door open M clears, but once the key chip process is done, door open M remains. The board is a known good one. Is the belly door switch located where we can find it in more moder Gks?

Offline Myfairlady

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 11:19:17 AM »
Any email I can send you?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 01:48:15 PM by Tilt »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 01:38:08 PM »
Here's the pictures I received from you.  They must have resized when you emailed them as they're all under 1MB in size now.  1MB is the limit for posting.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 01:47:23 PM »
In the third picture you can see where someone took the wires from the optic receiver and screwed them to the mounting bracket where the optic (that is missing) belongs.  Attached is a picture of what it should look like.  The switch below the optic is for the interior service light.   

There should be an optic emitter on the inside of the door by the speaker that would line up with the missing one when the door is closed.  Is it there and wired correctly?

I can't make out the wire colors of the two wires twisted together in the last picture.  One looks to be green, what is the other?

Did you buy the machine like this?

Offline Myfairlady

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2022, 02:14:30 PM »
One wire is green, the other one is purple.  I got the machine like this.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2022, 02:42:24 PM »
Ok.  It's not going to work until you get a set of door optics installed in it. 

Here's the last picture you sent, I made a red circle around the spot where the optic emitter is supposed to mount on the door frame.  The green wire and the purple with a black tracer are the wires that should be connected to it.  There may have been a switch on the belly door too, but as far as I can tell from the pictures it has been removed which is OK, you don't need it anyhow. 

I'm not sure why someone did what they did to that machine, but the green and purple/black wire is supposed to drive the optic emitter.  By twisting those two wires together they've shorted out that circuit and may have damaged something else on the MPU board.  You won't know for sure until you get a set of optics for it.

Offline Myfairlady

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2022, 02:50:47 PM »
Ok. So, twisted these 2 wires together cannot replace an optic receiver, is it right?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2022, 03:01:57 PM »
That's correct.  One side sends a signal the other signal receives it.  If there's no communication between the two then the machine thinks the door is open.

Offline Myfairlady

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2022, 03:08:47 PM »
Thank you. It is clearer to me now. I will try with optics tomorrow and let you know.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2022, 03:09:30 PM »
OK, good luck!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal