New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Replace exhaust fan in IGT I-game cabinet  (Read 945 times)

Offline rickhaye

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rickhaye New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Replace exhaust fan in IGT I-game cabinet
« on: March 07, 2022, 09:04:46 AM »
I have an IGT I-game cabinet and the exhaust fan located in the upper left (shown in picture) is just way too loud. Not sure if that's normal or if the fan itself needs replacement. The old monitor has been replaced with a LCD one and wasn't sure if that fan is still needed or if I can get away with a different type of fan that is quieter? If so, can someone post a link on where to purchase these fans. Thanks.

Sorry but the picture attached needs to be rotated clockwise for proper viewing.

Mod note: fixed picture
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 09:15:51 AM by Tilt »

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Replace exhaust fan in IGT I-game cabinet
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 09:27:00 AM »
Are you sure it's that fan and not the small fan on the right hand side of the MPU housing? 

I removed my monitor fan when I converted to LCD.  I've also replaced the florescent tubes with edgelit LED panels.  My cabinet stays pretty cool now without the fan, but I don't leave it on 24/7 either.

Offline rickhaye

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 09:53:03 AM »
Are you sure it's that fan and not the small fan on the right hand side of the MPU housing? 

I removed my monitor fan when I converted to LCD.  I've also replaced the florescent tubes with edgelit LED panels.  My cabinet stays pretty cool now without the fan, but I don't leave it on 24/7 either.

I'm sure because I disconnected the power connector and the noise went away. Cabinet is not on 24/7. So can I get away with permanently disconnecting the fan since I have LCD screen? I still have florescent tubes in mine. I would like to replace them. Where can I get the edgelit LED panels?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 09:54:34 AM »
Use a powerful compressor and blow out the fan blades. To much dirt on the blades or grill can cause fan noise.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline rickhaye

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 10:04:29 AM »
Use a powerful compressor and blow out the fan blades. To much dirt on the blades or grill can cause fan noise.

I was going to do that first but the person who refurbished did an excellent job at cleaning the entire machine. The motor, fan blades, and grill are clean. Is it OK to spray some WD40 on this or would that make it more prone to attract dust/dirt or eat away at the plastics?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 10:13:15 AM »

I'm sure because I disconnected the power connector and the noise went away. Cabinet is not on 24/7. So can I get away with permanently disconnecting the fan since I have LCD screen? I still have florescent tubes in mine. I would like to replace them. Where can I get the edgelit LED panels?

Ok cool. 

One of our vendors had some for sale.  The ad is marked as sold now, but you can check with him and see if he got any more.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=35140.msg185953#msg185953

Offline Jaycyn414

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Jaycyn414 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 10:41:13 AM »
If you search on amazon for Noctua Quiet Fan they should have a size to replace the cabinet fans and mpu fans. I only used this brand before on my 3D printers but they are quieter.

Offline rickhaye

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 10:58:21 AM »
If you search on amazon for Noctua Quiet Fan they should have a size to replace the cabinet fans and mpu fans. I only used this brand before on my 3D printers but they are quieter.

Thanks, I will look them up

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 12:22:07 PM »

I was going to do that first but the person who refurbished did an excellent job at cleaning the entire machine. The motor, fan blades, and grill are clean. Is it OK to spray some WD40 on this or would that make it more prone to attract dust/dirt or eat away at the plastics?
WD40 should not be used.
Check your fan for the proper voltage, some use AC and some use DC voltage.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal