New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ reset issues  (Read 1134 times)

Offline CabinetDan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • CabinetDan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ reset issues
« on: November 19, 2023, 12:46:08 PM »
My machine has been sitting unused for quite a few months.  The battery died and I replaced it.   I went through all of the crap I did when I first got it working.  Here are my problems that I hope you can help with. Double Diamond round top.
I replaced the doo optics, but apparently they must be bad.  Once I got to the 61-1 error, the reset key would do nothing.  I took the old optics, and cut the optic off so I could use the plugs and just tie the wires together.  That works for getting through the 61 error.  Not sure if the optics are actually bad bad or what there.  I may just wire up a permanent switch there and bypass the optics. 
Besides that, I used the clear chip, and the BV chips.  The BV is on, and at this point, the machine will turn on normally and go through the wheel spins and BV test, etc.  Problem is tat the light for the BV isn't illuminating, and it won't accept bills, and the green light on the coin comparitor isn't lighting up either, so coins just pass through.  It this a programming issue?  or more like a wiring issue?  Thanks for any help

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: S+ reset issues
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2023, 03:28:29 PM »
There was no reason to use a clear chip on it unless you were stuck in a 61-1 loop.  You need to use a set chip to set the machine denomination and re-enable the bill validator now. 

As for the comparitor led, it will not light unless the main door is closed and latched so you won't see it lit. 

Offline CabinetDan

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2023, 03:54:49 PM »
I did use the set chip to activate the BV.  It's activated, and I set the denomination on 25. 
I reconnected the door optics and did the 13-0 / 13-1 test, and got nothing.  I re jumpered the wires, and got the 13-1 to stay lit.  But the BV still doesn't light up, and with the wires jumpered, I can see the comparitor is not lit.  Still won't accept coins or bills

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2023, 04:10:42 PM »
Ok.  What happens when the door is closed and latched now?  Is the insert coin lamp lit?  What is the candle doing?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2023, 04:18:37 PM »
...I reconnected the door optics and did the 13-0 / 13-1 test, and got nothing. I re jumpered the wires, and got the 13-1 to stay lit...

Help us, help you, which two colored wires did you jump?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline CabinetDan

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2023, 04:45:02 PM »
I have the green wire from the door jumped to the red in the cabinet.  Or, with the optics cut off, I have black on the door to red in the cabinet and red from the door to white in the cabinet.
With them junped, I have no codes and BV and comparitor are not lit, but the insert coins light is lit.  Top white candle on solid white, lower yellow candle fairly fast flashing

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2023, 04:51:15 PM »
That's a good way to burn out everything on your MPU board.

All you need to do is jump two (2) wires to bypass the S+ door optics...>>>

First pull out the questionable optics and just use their respective 2-wire harnesses.
With a long piece of wire, route & connect the purple door emitter wire to the red cabinet receiver wire.
Either to each other or to a switch.
Do NOT use any green wires.

With this circuit in a "closed state", you can see the LED lit up on the coin comparitor, with the door physically opened.

If the [Insert Coin] lamp is lit, it should accept coins.

If your BV is not lit, the Bill entry lamps are burned out, or you may of exited out of the SET015 before saving it.
Did your BV work before you used the Clear chip?
If so, you may have done something wrong trying to enable it.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline CabinetDan

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2023, 05:05:28 PM »
OK, fixing how the optics were jumped took care of my issues.  The comparitor lit up as did the BV.  Both accept currency.  NOW, though, there is an issue with the BV with the fact that as soon as I insert a dollar, it spits out 4 quarters and doesn't give any credits

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2023, 05:12:31 PM »
That's not an issue with the BV, it's a setting that changed to default when you cleared the machine.  You'll probably also want to go in and change the default credit limits as well. 

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2023, 05:17:55 PM »
...as soon as I insert a dollar, it spits out 4 quarters...

Start a laundromat!  :24: :rotfl: just kidding... listen to Tilt.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2023, 05:20:40 PM »
Or maybe a car wash  :Tongue_Out:

Offline CabinetDan

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2023, 05:26:46 PM »
LOL.  I have a buddy with a laundromat.  He makes a lot of $$
How do i go about changing these settings?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2023, 05:30:13 PM »
What SP chip to you have installed on your MPU?

Offline CabinetDan

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2023, 05:52:56 PM »
SP810

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2023, 06:03:09 PM »
Here's a PSR for it.  What's your game title?  I think this is the first type 20 SP I've ran across.

Offline CabinetDan

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2023, 06:16:08 PM »
double diamonds

for some reason I keep getting an error when I try to open the doc
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 08:46:23 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2023, 06:39:48 PM »
Here it is as a .pdf file.

Is it double diamond double spin?

Offline CabinetDan

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2023, 06:48:09 PM »
It's actually a double spin double diamond.  I forgot that it has the wrong top glass.
Thanks for sending the PDF.  My brain is getting a little fried tonight.  It's not making a lot of sense to me right now.  I'll do some research and try to remember how to do all of this tomorrow with a fresh head.
Besides changing the credit limits, I'll have to also change the bill acceptor pay mode? Should that be all?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2023, 07:01:00 PM »
Ok.  That's a title you don't come across too often.  I thought maybe it was a type 20 game, but wasn't sure.  Now I know. 

It's really up to you how you want your machine setup, but once you do get it setup avoid using that clear chip (unless stuck in 61-1 loop) or it will wipe your changes out and put everything back to default settings.

Offline CabinetDan

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2023, 07:31:57 PM »
OK.  Thanks for your help.  I may be back to bother you again tomorrow

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal